• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within (PS3/360/PC/NextGen, idtech5, Tango/Bethesda, 2014): [Up: New Info]

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Update:

So been working on the Japanese press release with a Japanese friend. The details pulled from it:

-The game stars a man named Sebastian and his partner, who go to investigate the scene of a mass murder, but where a mysterious force is at work. Sebastian watches as more and more of the police force get killed before his eyes, and is attacked and knocked out. When he comes too, he must fight a world where monsters roam free and death and insanity live side-by-side. He will face unimaginable horrors where he must fight for his own survival. To discover the truth behind the force that lurks here, Sebastian must embark on a journey brimming with horror.

-Uses the ID Tech 5 engine. They say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.

-Game is trying to strike a balance between horror and action, but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.

-The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.

-They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you’ll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions. You also can utilize traps enemies set-up for you on them instead.

-It seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems.

-They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and that you’re being hunted by something mysterious and dark.

First-Day Media Analysis (Fixed-Camera Angle sections, enemy & location observation, delusion connection?): http://www.relyonhorror.com/articles/the-evil-within-announcement-media-analysis/

---

conceptboxmanjpg-5e9932_1024w.jpg

Evil Within Debut Trailer: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/1...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
YouTube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-jvqJV4SI

Releasing on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and next-gen.

Bethesda has officially announced The Evil Within, the first game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami’s studio Tango Gameworks. The Evil Within is a survival horror title due to arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next-generation consoles in 2014.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

IGN will have exclusive first impressions of The Evil Within on Monday, April 22nd at 7:00 a.m. Pacific, so be sure to check back then for our thoughts on an early demo along with a behind-the-scenes look at Tango Gameworks.
BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES THE EVIL WITHIN

New Survival Horror Game from Master of the Genre

April 19, 2013 (London, UK) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced the planned release of The Evil Within™, a survival horror game developed at Tango Gameworks™ under the direction of renowned game designer and studio head, Shinji Mikami. Best known as the father of the survival horror genre and creator of the Resident Evil series, Mikami is a 20-year veteran of the industry who has developed numerous award-winning titles. The official announcement trailer can be viewed today at IGN.com.

The Evil Within, in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the PC, and next generation consoles, is slated for release in 2014. On Monday, April 22nd additional information about The Evil Within will be revealed in an exclusive feature story at IGN.com.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
itsfuckingnothing.gif

Live action and all but this was scary as shit.

LOVE IT!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Mikami sure likes doing a live action teaser before gameplay these days. Dude did the same with Vanquish.

duckroll

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04...e-evil-within?abthid=517131fafa0570b54b000005

Bethesda has officially announced The Evil Within, the first game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami’s studio Tango Gameworks. The Evil Within is a survival horror title due to arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next-generation consoles in 2014.

IGN will have exclusive first impressions of The Evil Within on Monday, April 22nd at 7:00 a.m. Pacific, so be sure to check back then for our thoughts on an early demo along with a behind-the-scenes look at Tango Gameworks.

Droog

Disappointed by the live-action trailer (good atmosphere but I want in-game!).

Screenshots help make up for it. A bit.

That didn't really do much for me. Especially after looking at the screens and seeing all those enemies. It looks like it's going to be very much in the same style as RE4.

Dascu

Yeah sucks about the live-action thing. Though actual gameplay demo coming very soon, so that's great.

Anyway, day one on PC.

Ok so that was pretty messed up. Loved it.

I actually like live action teasers, gave us a taste of the games intended atmosphere, monster designs (which looked terrifying) and was just a nice little short film to boot.

Top Bottom