• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Moonlight
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:10 PM)
Moonlight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azure J

I really don't even know how that detail slid by me and I'm usually sharp about those things too. Was it ever mentioned in official sketches/comments or just a inferred thing that got confirmed?

It was confirmed. Sagan is her Remote Parasite, and they can't survive somewhat independently from their host unless their host gives them a part of their body - like why Taliesin gave Muse, his Parasite, his hands (and why he has wooden ones).
CrazyTank940
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:10 PM)
CrazyTank940's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOGB

- Diamonds in the Sky (not the Rihanna song) has been stuck in my head for over an hour

why is this happening @_@

Somehow I already expected that to be Sonic R even before reading not Rihanna

not sure if good or bad
probably good
Azure J
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:20 PM)
Azure J's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deadpool940

Somehow I already expected that to be Sonic R even before reading not Rihanna

not sure if good or bad
probably good

Son, you can do no wrong, no wrong, with the Sonic R soundtrack.

Work It Out (Make It Real) > Living In The City > Super Sonic Racing = You're My Number One > Can You Feel The Sunshine > Diamond In The Sky > Back In Time
CrazyTank940
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:27 PM)
CrazyTank940's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azure J

Son, you can do no wrong, no wrong, with the Sonic R soundtrack.

Work It Out (Make It Real) > Living In The City > Super Sonic Racing = You're My Number One > Can You Feel The Sunshine > Diamond In The Sky > Back In Time

Can You Feel the Sunshine is really the only thing from that OST I don't like. I like the rest of it though.
Beckx
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:28 PM)
Beckx's Avatar
So what I have I missed...I tried digging through the salt mine that comprises the last several pages and saw that maybe we're getting special backgrounds for Supers? Sweet. Any other cool stuff from the stream?
Moonlight
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:29 PM)
Moonlight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Beckx

So what I have I missed...I tried digging through the salt mine that comprises the last several pages and saw that maybe we're getting special backgrounds for Supers? Sweet. Any other cool stuff from the stream?

Brady created an incredibly innovative and cutting edge new main menu for Skullgirls, powered by blast processing and hot babes on jetskis. I anticipate it's glorious debut at Salty Cupcakes.
Master Milk
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:30 PM)
Master Milk's Avatar
no matter who wins, it's gonna be really tough having to wait all those months before they start working on her
Mesoian
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:30 PM)
Mesoian's Avatar
But Moonlight! I hear girls on jetskis is a terribly expensive method of fuel. How will you ever meet demand?
Moonlight
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:32 PM)
Moonlight's Avatar
That's what blast processing is for, of course.
Beckx
Member
(04-25-2013, 10:35 PM)
Beckx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moonlight

Brady created an incredibly innovative and cutting edge new main menu for Skullgirls, powered by blast processing and hot babes on jetskis. I anticipate it's glorious debut at Salty Cupcakes.

Blast processing? Hell yeah. Take that, Mode 7.
SAB CA
Sketchbook Picasso
(04-25-2013, 10:45 PM)
SAB CA's Avatar

Originally Posted by QisTopTier

*Poor Beam'd Minette*

XD The beginning of this one here was also relevant, actually



Now we can actually put them together!

Minette Anti-fans! Vote for her, so you too can show your hate with Lazerbeams!

Originally Posted by Azure J

Son, you can do no wrong, no wrong, with the Sonic R soundtrack.

Work It Out (Make It Real) > Living In The City > Super Sonic Racing = You're My Number One > Can You Feel The Sunshine > Diamond In The Sky > Back In Time

*respect*
TheOGB
Shots Shots Shots
(04-25-2013, 10:49 PM)
TheOGB's Avatar
RANDOM IDEA FOR LAB ZERO:
When (if) (when) Eliza gets in the game you should have her VA sing In A Moment's Time for finishing her Arcade or Story mode. Then show some post-credits art thanking donators and maybe sequel hooks...? :3

That post-credits art would be cool for whoever wins, though. It could be the art you make for the reveal.



Originally Posted by Ravidrath

Need my U.S. RDA of Vitamins T and M!

RDA
vitamins
bones and blood

It's Eliza guys

Originally Posted by Mista Koo

Eliza?

That'd be a huge shocker, and I for one would applaud them for doing it, haha

Originally Posted by Azure J

Son, you can do no wrong, no wrong, with the Sonic R soundtrack.

Work It Out (Make It Real) > Living In The City > Super Sonic Racing = You're My Number One > Can You Feel The Sunshine > Diamond In The Sky > Back In Time

woah

back up

Diamond In The Sky = Back In Time > the rest of your list in its order
SAB CA
Sketchbook Picasso
(04-25-2013, 10:53 PM)
SAB CA's Avatar
"Back in Time" and "Can you Feel the Sunshine" always come up in my head...

Originally Posted by Ravidrath

Need my U.S. RDA of Vitamins T and M!

Vitamins: Gathered from Eating.
Team
Minette

Tote's Solve'ded.
SolarPowered
Member
(04-25-2013, 11:03 PM)
SolarPowered's Avatar

Originally Posted by Master Milk

no matter who wins, it's gonna be really tough having to wait all those months before they start working on her

That'll be a piece of cake once we have lobbies, spectator and new characters joining the roster.
Kioshen
Member
(04-25-2013, 11:57 PM)
Kioshen's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolarPowered

That'll be a piece of cake once we have lobbies, spectator and new characters joining the roster.

and a beta channel for patch changes.
Raxus
Member
(04-26-2013, 12:23 AM)
Raxus's Avatar
Probably already posted but still tragically hilarious.

Azure J
Member
(04-26-2013, 12:43 AM)
Azure J's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOGB

woah

back up

Diamond In The Sky = Back In Time > the rest of your list in its order

I should clarify to a fellow #TeamEliza member that none of the songs are bad at all, that's just my preference there.
Proven
Member
(04-26-2013, 12:44 AM)
Proven's Avatar
So, I only noticed this thread because of a link talking about the Paypal bullshit. It's... a very hype filled thread.

Voting for Eliza though. Gotta go with the solid gameplay. The African/Egyptian artstyle is a nice bonus on top.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-26-2013, 12:44 AM)
Haly's Avatar
"Why am I not as cute as them" is how I feel as well.
Proven
Member
(04-26-2013, 12:46 AM)
Proven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azure J

Son, you can do no wrong, no wrong, with the Sonic R soundtrack.

Work It Out (Make It Real) > Living In The City > Super Sonic Racing = You're My Number One > Can You Feel The Sunshine > Diamond In The Sky > Back In Time

Also, I endorse this list.
Huw_Dawson
Member
(04-26-2013, 12:50 AM)
Huw_Dawson's Avatar
Whelp, off to bed. I'll get up in eight hours to see all the cool stuff from SC. :D
Loona
Member
(04-26-2013, 01:41 AM)
Loona's Avatar
On the while gender thing, I'd be OK with female Panzerfaust.

For Annie, it'd kinda make sense if she'd been born male and her mother wished on the Skullheart for a little girl instead - I have a harder time imagining how the wish that kept Annie as she is might have been phrased.

On the Eliza theory, does the concept of gender even apply to parasites? She's so deeply bonded with Sekhmet, that might count as male, that lines may blur there...
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(04-26-2013, 01:42 AM)
QisTopTier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

"Why am I not as cute as them" is how I feel as well.

Have a kid with a fish and maybe your child can be! :lol

Disturbing mental images all around
NEO0MJ
Member
(04-26-2013, 01:46 AM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loona

On the Eliza theory, does the concept of gender even apply to parasites? She's so deeply bonded with Sekhmet, that might count as male, that lines may blur there...

Sekhmet is wearing make up for some reason, so I think it's supposed to be female.
Master Milk
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:00 AM)
Master Milk's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

Sekhmet is wearing make up for some reason, so I think it's supposed to be female.

Because it's Egyptian.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(04-26-2013, 02:09 AM)
Jintor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moonlight

Yep, tore out her eye and gave it to Sagan to bond him to her, and granted her the powers of the galaxy.

If that shit isn't hardcore, I dunno what is.

Beckx
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:12 AM)
Beckx's Avatar

Originally Posted by QisTopTier

Have a kid with a fish and maybe your child can be! :lol

Oh, yeah, that always ends well.
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(04-26-2013, 02:14 AM)
QisTopTier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Beckx

Oh, yeah, that always ends well.

Well the town is called...
Beckx
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:15 AM)
Beckx's Avatar

Originally Posted by QisTopTier

Well the town is called...

It's a warning! But did any of you heed it?
NEO0MJ
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:18 AM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Master Milk

Because it's Egyptian.

I don't think the Egyptians wore lipstick and eye shadow, though.

Edit: oh, is the talk of the TG character serious? That's interesting. Is it one of the top 4 or someone else in the poll?
Last edited by NEO0MJ; 04-26-2013 at 02:22 AM.
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(04-26-2013, 02:22 AM)
QisTopTier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Beckx

It's a warning! But did any of you heed it?

I welcome the fish overlords
Moonlight
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:22 AM)
Moonlight's Avatar

Originally Posted by dan2026

I don't want Aeon to win. But this is pretty funny.

NEO0MJ
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:23 AM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moonlight

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2978eae60e9e59962f8da88022535f2d/tumblr_mlu4gcA5DC1qdqwl0o1_1280.png

I they'd all go "wryyyy!" at that sight and let loose their stands at once to kill her.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(04-26-2013, 02:32 AM)
Jintor's Avatar
I know 'liza has a pretty baller design, but I just find Annie a tonne of fun to draw.
Azure J
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:34 AM)
Azure J's Avatar
One thing I have to say about Annie's design vs. her fanart, I feel like fanart does a good job of making her more distinct with all the extra touches on her standard looking gear. I love that JoJo's use of stars and different astrological symbols to frame parts of her top, I liked that one art with the falling stars suspended about her giving her a extraterrestrial aura/vibe and I really liked the Kamina shades edit. Something about the shape of the frames and the orange brought it up a few notches immediately.

Not to be one of those "I totally know character design gaiz" types, but anyone else kinda feel that her base look is kinda too subdued for the motif she's going to be representing? I just feel like even if you did something like put stars around her cuffs (lol YuGiOh duelist kingdom flashbacks all of a sudden) and collar, she'd jump up a fair bit visually.
Last edited by Azure J; 04-26-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(04-26-2013, 02:37 AM)
Jintor's Avatar
I always end up using orange/yellow in the background to try and balance her out.
TheOGB
Shots Shots Shots
(04-26-2013, 02:52 AM)
TheOGB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azure J

I should clarify to a fellow #TeamEliza member that none of the songs are bad at all, that's just my preference there.

Ah, all is well. All this character hype set my default responses in this thread to 'salty defense' and 'smug sarcasm' :V
darkblade77
Member
(04-26-2013, 02:57 AM)
darkblade77's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azure J

One thing I have to say about Annie's design vs. her fanart, I feel like fanart does a good job of making her more distinct with all the extra touches on her standard looking gear. I love that JoJo's use of stars and different astrological symbols to frame parts of her top, I liked that one art with the falling stars suspended about her giving her a extraterrestrial aura/vibe and I really liked the Kamina shades edit. Something about the shape of the frames and the orange brought it up a few notches immediately.

Not to be one of those "I totally know character design gaiz" types, but anyone else kinda feel that her base look is kinda too subdued for the motif she's going to be representing? I just feel like even if you did something like put stars around her cuffs (lol YuGiOh duelist kingdom flashbacks all of a sudden) and collar, she'd jump up a fair bit visually.

To turn that around, I think her apparent plainness is going to make what she's going to look like in motion that much more crazy--especially when you know what some of her skills may be, and what references are being used for her.

Same for Minette--I expect that if she gets in, she'll have a stunning sort of vibrance going on with her animations.

And I can't begin to imagine how Eliza and Aeon might get animated, haha.
Master Milk
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:02 AM)
Master Milk's Avatar
Wait, are you guys suggesting that Minette is plain?
SolarPowered
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:03 AM)
SolarPowered's Avatar
That Annie picture above is perfect. Just the right way to get the Jojos cast excited.

Originally Posted by Azure J

One thing I have to say about Annie's design vs. her fanart, I feel like fanart does a good job of making her more distinct with all the extra touches on her standard looking gear. I love that JoJo's use of stars and different astrological symbols to frame parts of her top, I liked that one art with the falling stars suspended about her giving her a extraterrestrial aura/vibe and I really liked the Kamina shades edit. Something about the shape of the frames and the orange brought it up a few notches immediately.

Not to be one of those "I totally know character design gaiz" types, but anyone else kinda feel that her base look is kinda too subdued for the motif she's going to be representing? I just feel like even if you did something like put stars around her cuffs (lol YuGiOh duelist kingdom flashbacks all of a sudden) and collar, she'd jump up a fair bit visually.

Lab Zero Games knows what they are doing. You think people didn't have the same reaction to Filia and others in the cast? That is why they gave Filia her DP super and showed it off to publishers instead of just using a still. Peacock looks pretty good, but her appeal absolutely skyrocketed when we saw Dio's road roller and goodfellas super. Ms. Fortune got super typcast on her reveal as a catgirl as well, but people fell in love with her VA's performance, dat bloody level 3 and her silly head's animations. When we see Annie in motion I guarantee that many on the fence will appreciate her more. People who dislike her because she is a "loli" are a lost cause.

Also, you brought up black holes for her. I haven't seen any indication that she'll use them, but she should totally have something even if it's a level 5. It'd be a great mechanic if her black hole sucked up dead bodies. Then she'd be an interesting counterpick against characters like Scythana or Valentine.

Edit: You should read my post in the ASW voting thread regarding Baiken. I think you'd appreciate the subtleties a little more then.
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(04-26-2013, 03:05 AM)
QisTopTier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Master Milk

Wait, are you guys suggesting that Minette is plain?

.
Ravidrath
Lab Zero Games
(04-26-2013, 03:06 AM)
Ravidrath's Avatar
WTF, Master Chibi just texted me asking who won...
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(04-26-2013, 03:07 AM)
QisTopTier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ravidrath

WTF, Master Chibi just texted me asking who won...

Well who won? :lol
Ravidrath
Lab Zero Games
(04-26-2013, 03:09 AM)
Ravidrath's Avatar

Originally Posted by QisTopTier

Well who won? :lol

You'll have to PM Master Chibi and find out.
SolarPowered
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:10 AM)
SolarPowered's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ravidrath

WTF, Master Chibi just texted me asking who won...

The urge to ask has hit me several times, but never hard enough to reach for private messages at the top right.

Not that you'd tell me or anyone else.
Master Milk
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:13 AM)
Master Milk's Avatar
Yo Ravid, have you decided on an official time to drop the announcement?
Azure J
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:13 AM)
Azure J's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ravidrath

WTF, Master Chibi just texted me asking who won...

I have to admit, yesterday I was this close to seeing how far I could push the envelope and just flat out ask in a PM.

I'm kinda glad I didn't. Self-control, yay!
LiK
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:14 AM)
LiK's Avatar
So when do we hear Minette's big win?
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(04-26-2013, 03:16 AM)
QisTopTier's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolarPowered

The urge to ask has hit me several times, but never hard enough to reach for private messages at the top right.

Not that you'd tell me or anyone else.

I got it guys the character is...

lol no
The Grim Heaper
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:16 AM)
The Grim Heaper's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiK

So when do we hear Minette's big win?

I'd say sometime after Eliza is announced as the winner!

Thread Tools