• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Pokemon Type?

I'm pretty sure he defeated Mr.2. He probably got overrun by the Blackbeard Pirates. Magellan's power was pretty good, too bad Oda took his power a little too far.
That demon made of spreading corrosive poison was pure bullshit. Stole Candle champion's Luffy rightful win.

Well, he was shown badly beaten and bruised following the conclusion to that arc, and the Blackbeard pirates most likely would have killed him rather than just beat him up. Plus, Mr. 2
is shown alive and well as the new ruler of Level 5.5, and if he had lost to Magellan he would have been dead due to Iva not being there to cure the poison.

I think the evidence points more to Mr. 2's awesomeness rather than Blackbeard's, but I guess the argument could be made for both.

iirate

Bugs are my favorites for sure, but I also love water, grass, and fighting types. I always start with water types and my only single type run so far(Emerald Version) has been with a water team, so they're not far behind bugs at all.

I think Game Freak would be beyond awesome if they changed Scyther to a Bug/Fighting type with levitate, or if they made a special Scyther with that typing/ability combo.

Daingurse

I always start with fire type. I like steel though. Scizor ftw!

My feelings as a competitive player are mixed on Scizor. Scizor is excellent, but ever since Bullet Punch he has been an overwhelming and centralizing threat in the meta-game. Your team CANNOT be Scizor weak unless you got a Heatran covering your ass, and if they predict correctly your getting a Super Power to the grill. Scizor is an excellent Poke, almost too good IMO.

scizor.jpg

lingiii

Banned
I love the design of a lot of the bugs, but I just wish their stats weren't so shitty

gotta go Ground. sandshrew, diglet, krookodile, what else could you want.

look at this guy

553Krookodile.png

iirate

My feelings as a competitive player are mixed on Scizor. Scizor is excellent, but ever since Bullet Punch he has been an overwhelming centralizing threat in the meta-game. Your team CANNOT be Scizor weak unless you got a Heatran covering your ass, and if they predict correctly your getting a Super Power to the grill. Scizor is an excellent Poke, almost too good IMO.

scizor.jpg

Scyther is my favorite and I think I'd love Scizor a lot more if he wasn't so overused. I have a weakness for underdogs with potential(AKA UUs), especially when they have creative uses/approaches that the big dogs can't replicate.

Daingurse

Scyther is my favorite and I think I'd love Scizor a lot more if he wasn't so overused. I have a weakness for underdogs with potential(AKA UUs), especially when they have creative uses/approaches that the big dogs can't replicate.

Story of my life. God the pokes I tried to cram into OU teams just because I liked them. It usually doesn't work haha. But nothing beats destroying someone with an UU or BL poke, I ran Reckless Staraptor as a lead, people didn't know what the fuck they we're dealing with.

Speaking of Staraptor, is he not the best early game poke of all time?

401.png
Staraptor_by_Xous54.png

Ezalc

I love pokemon that nobody else cares about. I'm still hoping for the Dunsparce and Delibird evos that will turn them into uber monsters. I believe man, I believe.

JulianImp

If the Poke could learn Psychic back in the day, then it was "the shit". So ironic that the only ghost types in gen 1 were also part Poison and had no decent Stab moves. Has me still scratching my head to this day. . .

I gave it to everything, from Venomoth to Magmar. I also had a special-based Nidoking since I didn't know anything about stats. Needless to say, I never managed to beat round 2 poké-cup on the highest difficulty/rank (even though it was the only one I hadn't beaten yet).

If I every build a team again, I'll probably go with my favorites even if that means the whoel team gets wrecked by Stealth Rock and other commonly-used moves. It'd be nearly impossible to play random matches online, though, since from what I've seen most people use only high-tier mons.

I love pokemon that nobody else cares about. I'm still hoping for the Dunsparce and Delibird evos that will turn them into uber monsters. I believe man, I believe.

Hey, another Dunsparce fan! I don't agree with getting stronger evolved forms, since part of their cham is how quirky they are (ie: Tangela was fine ny me, Tangrowth... not so much; same with Magmar->Magmortar).

I loved Dunsparce even before it got Serene Grace and other crazy stuff like that. Heck, it's among the few Pokémon trading cards I actually kept when I sold my collection away many years ago (which was an awful decission in hindsight, since I loved the cards and I barely got any money out of my huge collection).

Espada

Story of my life. God the pokes I tried to cram into OU teams just because I like them. It usually doesn't work haha. But nothing beats destroying someone with an UU or BL poke, I ran Reckless Staraptor as a lead, people didn't know what the fuck they we're dealing with.

Speaking of Staraptor, is he not the best early game poke of all time?

Staraptor is just savage. From his abilities to his moves to his stats you can tell GameFreak knew what they were doing. The fact that you get access to it right from the start of the game is crazy. I also have to give props to Bibarel and Luxray. They were definitely not the lame route 1 fodder from previous generations.

Anyway, my favorite types are Fighting and Steel.

Poke-Ryu, Kung Fu Masters, Construction Workers, Wrestling Champs, Poison Dart Frogs, Boxing Kangashrooms, Quadrupedal Super Computers, Emperor Penguins, Steel Godzilla, UFOs, Bronze Bells, etc...

I love the power and variety of these two types.

Delio

Fire and Fighting types. I always tend to lean to Fire pokemon as every team Ive trained has one. Fighting types I like for pure power they have...yeah I like Fire/Fighting types.

Blaziken.jpg

The-icon-and-banner-infernape-23390935-628-423.jpg

Daingurse

Staraptor is just savage. From his abilities to his moves to his stats you can tell GameFreak knew what they were doing. The fact that you get access to it right from the start of the game is crazy. I also have to give props to Bibarel and Luxray. They were definitely not the lame route 1 fodder from previous generations.

Anyway, my favorite types are Fighting and Steel.

Poke-Ryu, Kung Fu Masters, Construction Workers, Wrestling Champs, Poison Dart Frogs, Boxing Kangashrooms, Quadrupedal Super Computers, Emperor Penguins, Steel Godzilla, UFOs, Bronze Bells, etc...

I love the power and variety of these two types.

Shiiiit? How could I forget Aggron? My bro loved Aggron and that was BEFORE Head Smash.

aggron.jpg

The best thing about the Fighting type is my bro, Hitmontop.

But also the fact that so many types have a badass Fighting Pokemon. Think about it.

Water = Poliwrath
Fire = Blaziken
Grass = Breloom
Psychic = Gallade
Steel = Lucario
Dark = Scrafty
Bug = Heracross

It's like they all know they need some of that Fighting type goodness.

Epic Drop

Absolutely Water. Since the day I picked Squirtle back in Gen 1, they've been my favorite. I'd build a Water only team if it would be competitive.

Daingurse

Absolutely Water. Since the day I picked Squirtle back in Gen 1, they've been my favorite. I'd build a Water only team if it would be competitive.

Water is really good. IMO you probably could build a very viable water only team. Especially if you abuse Politoed.

Epic Drop

Water is really good. IMO you probably could build a very viable water only team. Especially if you abuse Politoed.

Drizzle combined with Swift Swim is banned now, isn't it? :(

Fire. Specifically Fire-Fighting though because of Blaziken. Dragon types are second.

I'm getting tired of all of the Fire-Fighting starters.... hoping that they do something different for X/Y!

Daingurse

Drizzle combined with Swift Swim is banned now, isn't it? :(

I'm getting tired of all of the Fire-Fighting starters.... hoping that they do something different for X/Y!

Oh hell yeah. That's why I ran anti-weather teams with Swift Swim Kingdra. Sure Kingdra is less than optimal in OU, but when you eventually fought a Rain Team. . . Fucking worth it! Just set-up in their face and steamroll them.

ccb.gif

Steroyd

Psychic, Ghost and Steel.

Every game I have these three types.

Ghost has to be the most annoying one to love because they nerfed Gengar like hell by adding poison as his second type which ultimately makes him weak against psychic. Or they add Dark as a 2nd type which makes them weak again fighting types.

abrack08

Water. Stems from my love of Squirtle when I was a kid. I always said if I was a gym leader I'd be the water gym leader. I actually don't think there are enough "good" water Pokemon (by good I mean ones that I like, not necessarily smogon good). Need more sharks/dolphins/frogs (that aren't stupid. C'mon Froakie!)

I wish Sandile line was Water/Ground. That was probably my favorite BW 'mon.

Top Bottom