• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers Xbox Fitness and Kinect One domains

I can't wait to get fit.

Microsoft has registered domain names for the new Kinect hardware, which will come bundled with the console, called Kinect One as well as what is likely to be a new Kinect-based fitness game for the new console, called Xbox Fitness.

Courtesy of Gematsu, the domain names registered are XboxFitness.info, XboxFitness.biz, Kinect1.org and KinectOne.info.

https://twitter.com/supererogatory/statuses/337260798105772032

https://twitter.com/supererogatory/statuses/337261373971120128

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Kinect 2.0 is called Kinect 1. I don't think it's a game.

OH: Kinect Fitness. I see.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Hey Kinect jokes in an xbox thread lawlz
Donkey-face.jpg

MS said the reveal was get all the stuff people didn't care about out of the way.......lol

Boy this years E3 is going to be one for the ages, can't wait for the *fist bump*

So Xbox Fitness is one of the eight, I assume.

• Ryse
  • Quantum Break
  • Black Tusk project
  • Respawn's "Titan"
  • Rare game, unless it is Xbox Fitness
  • Xbox Fitness
  • ?
  • ?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Xbox fitness might not be a game... May be a hub that they'll market. Or a brand to sell accessories. (As I'm sure they will take advantage of the tagging feature for once)

nbthedude

2 of the 8 new IP :)

We know 4 of the 8. Remedy's game is another and that Roman Kinnect Fighting game, Ryse is another. Only four left.

I will laugh my ass off if nearly all of these "new" IP end up being Kinnect and casual shit. We already know that literally 3 of the 8, nearly half, are.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hey Kinect jokes in an xbox thread lawlz
Donkey-face.jpg

Nervous laughter?

lmao

Is this the last statement from a Sony rep in regards to used games?
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...4-pre-owned-games-we-will-do-the-right-thing/

lmao cant wait for the next Sony interview asking about these same things.

Lmao. Who in their right mind would come to the Ops conclusion.....

lmao. Must have stolen it from the Seahawks :p

lmfao what!? mind blown

lmao.....

lmao. He mad.

lmao

i-Lo

So Xbox Fitness is one of the eight, I assume.

• Ryse
  • Quantum Break
  • Black Tusk project
  • Respawn's "Titan"
  • Rare game, unless it is Xbox Fitness
  • Xbox Fitness
  • ?
  • ?

Halo project (if it's not 5)
PGR project (if it's not 5)

I know these aren't new IP, but I wouldn't be surprised if they say that because it doesn't follow the numbered structure, it's close to a new IP.

I'd be surprised if Kinect Fitness is a game and not an app or hub of some sort. Well, not totally surprised, but it'd seem a waste when fitness is one area they can guarantee EA and Ubisoft will readily support. Kinect has a similar app on the 360 called Kinect PlayFit which tracks your calories in other Kinect games, fitness or otherwise. Kinect One just sounds like the name of the hardware.

Meelow

Banned

I know these aren't new IP, but I wouldn't be surprised if they say that because it doesn't follow the numbered structure, it's close to a new IP.

Halo and PGR aren't new IP's, he's listing the new IP's.

Raven77

That would be a new low.

But then again, with all that's been revealed, can they go much lower?!?! I mean, am I right? Haha, ahhahahaha....ughhhhh someone hold me. Gaming as I know it is dying.

A Fitness game will come bundle with the One? That's actually pretty cool, I'm so lazy that I can't be bothered to even buy a health game lol.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I actually wouldn't mind a fitness game. Kinect 2.0 looks very impressive. Also, i need to start exercising more.

Top Bottom