• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda showing something unannounced to the press!?

ekim

imagef0ulb.jpg

I guess the teases and hints would be more numerous if they show Fallout 4 in private... What else could it be?

ekim

Updates:
untitled1tbna.png

I don't know exactly when it will be today. Anyone have an idea?
I guess it's that Endless Summer game...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Next gen Fallout and Elder Scrolls games will show us what next gen is all about.

The Elder Scrolls franchise(and by extension Fallout) was always one that benefited immensely from increased hardware power.

God I hope its Fallout 4, a Bethesda RPG with next gen graphics would be amazing. Skyrim's graphics were held back because of how old the consoles were.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I would so buy it on PS4. Oh wait... NEVER AGAIN. PC.

This is in retaliation to Witcher 3 and Skyrim: Love is Over?

I know Gamespot's interview schedule listed two unannounced games tomorrow but didn't list who they're from. Is there a chance one of them could be this Bethesda game or would that still be behind closed doors?

Want a new Elder Scrolls game, not that online abomination.

Elder Scrolls game are typically four to five years apart. Beth has been on a back-and-forth dev cycle between ES and Fallout since the mid to late 2000s. It's practically guaranteed at this point that the next game we see from them will be Fallout 4.

BigTnaples

If I remember correctly the first time they showed the Todd Howard narrated Oblivion walkthroughs they were at E3 in a closed booth. I seem to remember seeing some leaked cell phone footage.

Later on the videos were released as a series to show off the new features of Oblivion. (Though some did not make it, like the new lighting engine).

It seemed so odd they they wouldn't present any new material this E3's console jump, I mean come on, Skyrim was one of the biggest games when it dropped and is still insanely popular today.

They are pretty much the key to pulling in a massive audience.
I'm expecting Fallout 4

Lakitu

st5fu
So when are they supposedly showing this unannounced game off? For some reason, I'm struggling to believe it's Fallout 4.

lmao. their games look like crap.

Oblivion definitely did not look like crap the moment it got released on the Xbox 360.

Their problem lies in the underlying fact that they have been using that terrible Gamebyro engine and kept updating it, calling it a 'whole new engine' when they decided to create Skyrim.

Bethesda has got some very talented folk but they just seem to be the enemy of some few who keep on deciding to rehash things.

BigTnaples

lmao. their games look like crap.

What? Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim were all fantastic looking games for their time.

Not to mention, 8 gigs of ram will hopefully put an end to interior and exterior loading cells. Which has HUGE implications for gameplay and immersion.

Airgetlam

What? Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim were all fantastic looking games for their time.

Not to mention, 8 gigs of ram will hopefully put an end to interior and exterior loading cells. Which has HUGE implications for gameplay and immersion.
I would love to be able to go open gates to a city and just walk in without being greeted by a loading screen that could possibly freeze on me.

i'll give you morrowind and oblivion. but skyrim was dated looking right out of the gate.

and now with cdprojekt coming to next gen consoles with witcher 3 i think bethesda's gonna get embarrassed (visually and quality wise, obviously they'll murder with sales though)

i'll give you morrowind and oblivion. but skyrim was dated looking right out of the gate.

and now with cdprojekt coming to next gen consoles with witcher 3 i think bethesda's gonna get embarrassed (visually and quality wise, obviously they'll murder with sales though)

Witcher 3 is just from a whole 'nother level especially after Witcher 2, which I think holds the crown for best RPG this gen. Their storytelling alone is above and beyond anything that Bethesda ever created.

54-46!

I'm more interested in seeing what kind of engine and feature set Obsidian will have to work with for the Fallout 4 spin-off, not Fo4 itself.

jambo

Sarcasm? Gamebryo is without a doubt the worst engine in modern gaming. I hope they nuke the damn thing from orbit and go with an in-house engine.

I think that was the most obvious use of sarcasm in the history of the Internet.

Top Bottom