• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One to only work in certain countries at launch

KukicAdo

Neo Member
Z0UBmHr.png

Bedlam

Everyday is worst day for MS.

/thistrainneverstopswalterwhite.gif

I wonder how CD Project now feels about presenting W3 at the MS conference (
probably still good because $$$
).

Odahviing

Banned
This doesn't mean it won't work in those countries, it means that they are not supported.

They did that with Brazil back in the 360 days too.

the other countries have to play on the nearest supported country XBL

This is most likely due to a lack of server presence outside of the listed areas rather than any sort of intentional directed hostility to the unlisted areas.

That's some Baghdad Bob level shit right there.
Look up about Contens Delivery Networks a bit.
Distance really means jack shit with the infrastructure we can be build now.

You know... I joked about it in the other thread, but as a transplant from Poland, and the Czech Republic... neither of which is on their list, I feel really odd...

... I mean.... Poland in particular has a thriving and rapidly expanding development scene, with some of the most talented folks in the world, killing it in terms of tech and design... Microsoft courts these people enough to highlight Witcher 3 as a marquee title.... they just don't want my country-men playing said title.

Wow... just.... man.

kewlmyc

So some countries will be buying a $500 DVD/BD player, if even that works?

I'm getting tired of shitting of Microsoft/Xbox One, but more and more stupid shit keeps being released about it.

kurbaan

Banned
I think this means that if you buy a UK xbox you need to buy games in the UK since xbone is region locked. Not that if you have UK xbox and you move to like one of the non cool countries it just wont work.

paolo11

You forgot Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, South Korea...

These are gaming countries as well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
OK this is beyond a joke. Imagine if in the future you couldn't import a JP console to the US or viceversa, fuck this console and all it represents.

If I buy a games console it should work as long as it has power, wherever the hell I am.

Harlock

The geolock brings other problems, even for countries playable at launch. Lets say the the latin america live store is shit, with fewer games and higher prices. I don´t think MS will allow you use a north america account like with 360.

LCfiner

Absolutely incredible. This has got to be the most ill conceived and consumer hostile console ever made.

I hope this fails so MS can learn a lesson about restricting user options and freedoms.

Top Bottom