• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 supports new fancy Nvidia tech.

Finally a real attempt at hair and fur?
We've had tech demos for over a decade... I hope it does make it into witcher 3 and isn't some proprietary bullshit just to render it (not animate it)

so it's basically physx f/ hair......

nothing fancy about it. their needs to be an open standard for gpu physics compute stuff like this. all this propriety bs is worse for the industry.

Van Owen

Banned
Wish Nvidia would stop the proprietary crap and do something like TressFX that everyone can enjoy. Better for PC gamers.

JordanKZ

I believe that a Titan still costs more than an XBone and a PS4 together. So of course PC's are going to continue to lead the way graphically.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
We also revealed that Assassin's Creed IV, Watch_Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Batman Arkham Origins will have NV tech.

ACIV: DX11, Tessellation, TXAA
Watch_Dogs: DX11, Tessellation, TXAA
Splinter Cell: DX11, Tessellation, TXAA, HBAO+
Witcher 3: GPU PhysX and APEX, DX11, Tessellation, HBAO+, TXAA
Batman: GPU PhysX and APEX, DX11, Tessellation, TXAA

Durante

That is a bad-ass wolf.

We also revealed that Assassin's Creed IV, Watch_Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Batman Arkham Origins will have NV tech.

Witcher 3: GPU PhysX and APEX, DX11, Tessellation, HBAO+, FXAA
More TXAA support makes me happy.

zma1013

To get it running at a constant 60fps, I'd say yes depending on how many wolves/effects are on screen. Though new tech will be released in 2014.

I dunno, Titan can't do Crysis 3 at more than a solid 30 fps on full settings. Not sure what the requirements are for Witcher 3 but if it's running new tech like this and it's a substantial improvement over 2, I'd say you're going to need something better to do 60 fps with full settings on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I dunno, Titan can't do Crysis 3 at more than a solid 30 fps on full settings. Not sure what the requirements are for Witcher 3 but if it's running new tech like this and it's a substantial improvement over 2, I'd say you're going to need something better to do 60 fps with full settings on.

What are these full settings in Crysis 3?

Leucrota

If we can just get the unsimulated fur on consoles, I would be happy. Sick of seeing textured 'skin' instead of hair.

Article in the OP has a picture that says Witcher 3 has TXAA support (but you wrote FXAA)?

deuce985

Banned
Thank god. I was worried that with AMD with a monopoly on consoles we would get lazy ports that are mostly optimized for AMD cards.

iNvid02

any idea who is doing the PC port andy? AC3 was technically impressive but performed horribly, i dont think they fixed the issues to this day

Damn tress fx for animals.

my first thought too lol

i just hope it doesnt have the same glitch where lara goes bald for a few seconds

tress fox

yess, welcome back dennis

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I believe that a Titan still costs more than an XBone and a PS4 together. So of course PC's are going to continue to lead the way graphically.

Titan isn't really a fair comparison to consoles because enthusiast GPUs are always going to be a poor value in terms of price/performance. That's why they're enthusiast products.

Midrange is where most PC gamers are going to buy from, offer better value, and is the fairest comparison to a console.

And I wouldn't be surprised if one Titan couldn't fully max out Witcher 3 anyway.

Mendrox

What. Are you kidding? That's seriously fucked. Crysis 3 cannot look that good that you would need so much power (there is nothing better than TITAN right now isn't it?) That is seriously 'cked up... I see nobody talking about Crysis 3 graphics. o_o

nvgames3rlr4.jpg

Perhaps the OP (and title) can be updated with this + Andy's post.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
FXAA is definitely a typo for the Witcher. Any game can use FXAA on any card. TXAA actually requires the devs to configure it.

What. Are you kidding? That's seriously fucked. Crysis 3 cannot look that good that you would need so much power (there is nothing better than TITAN right now isn't it?) That is seriously 'cked up... I see nobody talking about Crysis 3 graphics. o_o

Pretty sad after seeing what the PS4 can do. PC extremeists will pay 2x money for 1/2x the power of a console.

SparkTR

Really? I remember Eurogamer doing a test but they were running at insane resolutions with supersampling.

zma1013

Well I'm only partially right. If you game at around 1080 res, then it will run at like 50fps, but higher resolutions drop it down to 30fps.

http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_titan,4.html

that's the chart I'm reading from.

deuce985

Banned
FXAA is definitely a typo for the Witcher. Any game can use FXAA on any card. TXAA actually requires the devs to configure it.

Pretty sad after seeing what the PS4 can do. PC extremeists will pay 2x money for 1/2x the power of a console.

That's only because it's a poor PC port. Not optimized well at all. Titan should destroy that game.

Dennis

Banned
Does you fancy new AA tech blur textures?

If yes, then thanks but no thanks.

If no, then thanks but we already have supersampling/downsampling.

I think that you might find that some next gen games with new engines will actually look better AND perform better than games like Crysis 3. I think game will start to take better advantage of the processing power we already have in our PCs, thanks to these next gen consoles.

SparkTR

Yeah, but those guys pave the way for future gamers who pay reasonable rates for a machine that's 5x the power of the PS4/X1. They're enthusiasts so being on the cutting edge is a hobby.

Wait.

DX11 and Tessellation is Nvidia tech?

I think the title refers to TXAA and PhysX.

Top Bottom