(06-05-2007, 11:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Shinobix

This is one of the best updates we've had and there are very few comments :(

the forums were down when the update went up
KimiNewt
Scored 3/100 on an Exam
(06-05-2007, 11:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Branduil

Also, shadows for you guys who keep complaining.

Eh, so what about shadows for the pokeball ha?!
Shinobix
(06-05-2007, 11:05 AM)
Whatever goes up must go down, bitches!
Espada
(06-05-2007, 11:06 AM)

Wow, has Fox had his little visor thing over his eye in the other images? This is a pretty good update, another legendary to avoid like the plague. I wonder if he just walks back and forth, or just falls off the stage or something.
Shinobix
(06-05-2007, 11:07 AM)

Originally Posted by KimiSan

Eh, so what about shadows for the pokeball ha?!

I believe the part where the pokeball's shadow should be is not even shown in the screen
marc^o^
Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
(06-05-2007, 11:10 AM)
Big Pokemon presence in this Smash Bros 0_o

Now if they manage to include Nintendogs and Dr Kawashima in this game, it will expand its appeal to the widest crowd ever.
GaimeGuy
Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
(06-05-2007, 11:11 AM)

Originally Posted by marc^o^

Now if they manage to include Nintendogs and Dr Kawashima in this game, it will expand its appeal to the widest crowd ever.

I suggest you watch the E3 trailer again.

Espada
(06-05-2007, 11:17 AM)

Originally Posted by marc^o^

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the secret characters is Lucario, one of the new pokemon from Diamond/Pearl.

Dr Kawashima? It's been said before, but he could be the head to the hands. Oh and the Fox visor thing? I checked in the Delfino Plaza screens, and it seems like the little screen is over his eye permanently.

chikorita's looking pretty damn good, as are the new leaves
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(06-05-2007, 11:31 AM)
good update
_Alkaline_
(06-05-2007, 11:31 AM)
Nice update, Groudon looks sweet.

Funny though that even pokeballs get their individual updates. :lol
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(06-05-2007, 11:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Alkaliine

Nice update, Groudon looks sweet.

Funny though that even pokeballs get their individual updates. :lol

well maybe just the large guys (legendary)
Espada
(06-05-2007, 11:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

well maybe just the large guys (legendary)

Nah, wouldn't be surprised if they updated with a new pokemon that can come out of the ball along with some other random thing. Even including D/P legendaries it wouldn't take long to get through them all.
Captain N
(06-05-2007, 12:01 PM)
I know it might not happen, but I'd love to see Chibi Robo in the game.
GaimeGuy
Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
(06-05-2007, 12:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Captain N

I know it might not happen, but I'd love to see Chibi Robo in the game.

what would his attacks be?
sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
(06-05-2007, 12:05 PM)

Originally Posted by GaimeGuy

Shooting his laser beam
Brushing you with a tooth brush
Helicoptering around
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(06-05-2007, 12:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Branduil

Also, shadows for you guys who keep complaining.

But OMG look:

And no hit percentage counter either! I bet Sakurai will ship the game like this!!one11one1
Captain N
(06-05-2007, 12:21 PM)

he could choke you with his cord.
Jocchan
Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
(06-05-2007, 12:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Espada

Wow, has Fox had his little visor thing over his eye in the other images? This is a pretty good update, another legendary to avoid like the plague. I wonder if he just walks back and forth, or just falls off the stage or something.

I sit here, waiting for a better pic for the obvious OMG IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!1!!!!!! spoof :)
OriGiN
Banned
(06-05-2007, 01:21 PM)
Did anyone else not notice that a new stage was revealed also?

Although it's virtually the same looking at the SSBM level it's still new for this game, I haven't seen it before (is it in the trailers? I don't remember).

Looks nice and 'HD' as ever "D
flipping_heck
changed his name from Satan to John.
PR purposes and all that.
(06-05-2007, 01:24 PM)
Yeah, Pokemon Stadium has been revealed in trailers/pics before.
evilromero
(06-05-2007, 01:56 PM)
I had a feeling they would update with Pokeball news. I just had a feeling.
Visualante
(06-05-2007, 02:10 PM)
Would have been nice if there was a proper crowd.
Stumpokapow
Currently AFK. Please ask another moderator for help or support.
(06-05-2007, 02:21 PM)

Just because "people have been doing the same thing all the time in this thread" doesn't make it any more or less right.

It's illegal, and I'm 99% sure that it's also a bannable offense.

Actually, you're wrong on several counts.

First, case law does not present a precedent There is no law that specifically makes hotlinking illegal so the only way it could hypothetically be illegal is if case law represented a clear precedent. It doesn't.

Deep linking was nominally protected in Kelly v. Arriba Soft Corporation; although deep linking and hotlinking are not necessarily similar, it does show one important thing. Hotlinking or deep linking does not always or automatically constitute copyright infringement.

Perfect 10 v. Google actually ruled against the above finding and then was overturned on appeal. So that's three conflicting findings, right there. However, there's another aspect to Perfect 10 v. Google that is useful to look at; judges debated the merits of Framing, the court found that framing, or putting a distant website's deep linked page inside a frame within Google as a broader site was legal, specifically reasoning that since Google only provided the instruction for the user's browser to fetch the files, they could not be held liable. Consider applying this test to hotlinking.

There has never been a ruling in regards to hotlinking that addresses the issue of whether or not "bandwidth leeching" is illegal. Is seems obvious that this is the issue you are referring to, since only a nutcase would be claiming that Gaffers leeching images are profiting, claiming ownership, or infringing copyright.

Second, hotlinking is not always illegal. Even if you accept that hotlinking can be illegal, it is not automatically so. Many companies can and do consent to hotlinking. The most obvious example is a banner ad or an image host. Evidently, then, there must be some way to determine whether or not it is illegal in the case of an individual server. From a due dilligence point of view, I would argue that .htaccess / referrer denial would be considered an acceptable metric. At the bare minimum something like a robots.txt denial or other instruction to prevent content access, or a META noindex tag on the page hosting the images, or some sort of indication that the site does not want you to leech will be needed.

If I remember correctly, the anti-leeching rule on GAF is primarily to prevent the blowback if a leeched image gets swapped with Goatse or PAIN or a password-security image that causes every reading of the thread ot have to cancel out of a password dialog. None of these will ever happen.

There's a clear difference between image leeching product images from Amazon.com or screenshots from GameSpot or the Smash Brothers website and image leeching for some guy's little server where it's going to cost him or her money.
Odinson
(06-05-2007, 02:52 PM)
Nice update! And the pokemans are looking good.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(06-05-2007, 04:54 PM)

Of course, having this particular Pokémon appear at the most critical of times is in keeping with Murphy’s Law.

screenshot

So true. See, this is why I like the translation. :)
ant1532
A hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is.
(06-05-2007, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by OriGiN

Did anyone else not notice that a new stage was revealed also?

Although it's virtually the same looking at the SSBM level it's still new for this game, I haven't seen it before (is it in the trailers? I don't remember).

Looks nice and 'HD' as ever "D

Didn't read OP? Pokemon Stadium has been listed there along with a picture...
turkification
(06-05-2007, 05:01 PM)
i love the comments under the pictures on the website :lol
Rogultgot
(06-05-2007, 05:13 PM)
Wait, no big TV screen in Pokémon Stadium? :(
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(06-05-2007, 05:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Rogultgot

Wait, no big TV screen in Pokémon Stadium? :(

We haven't seen much from Pokémon stadium, so it could still be there. If you look at last screenshot posted it looks like there is an edge to an rectangular object off to the right, this could be where the screen is.
ant1532
(06-05-2007, 05:40 PM)
I don't we should hotlink images anymore from now on. I think the official site is being affected.
Jiggy
Got lost looking for
a hentai sim forum
(06-05-2007, 05:48 PM)
It's not quite the reconfirmation of Jigglypuff that I wanted, but I'll settle. Glad to see they're still generally keeping with the proper size scale for Poke Ball releases. ("Generally" because things like Goldeen and Chikorita are still too big, but Groudon and other legendaries have typically been done at the right size.) I wonder if they'll put Wailord in since it's the largest of all...
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(06-05-2007, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by ant1532

I don't we should hotlink images anymore from now on. I think the official site is being affected.

In what way?
ant1532
(06-05-2007, 05:55 PM)
[IMG]http://i12.************/5zgzrrr.jpg[/IMG]
Linkup
(06-05-2007, 06:07 PM)
Goodness, I actually had to wiki Murphy’s Law and then it says it a common western saying.

For some reason this stage reminded me of the crowd cheerings. They need the announcer to do more during gameplay this time around he could say some really hilarious stuff, maybe be the loud sarcastic overplaying type.
jrricky
Banned
(06-05-2007, 06:51 PM)

Originally Posted by ant1532

[IMG]http://i12.************/5zgzrrr.jpg[/IMG]

Is that vista ur using there, buddy?
Threi
notag
(06-05-2007, 06:58 PM)

Originally Posted by jrricky

Is that vista ur using there, buddy?

Its winXP with a blind called "Vista Plus"
http://wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=5814&libid=1
Vic
Please help me with my bad english
(06-05-2007, 07:55 PM)
Finally ****ing unbanned!! Got to say that after hearing the recently published Yoshi song, something tells me that the Pokemon theme is going to be legendary!
Firestorm
(06-05-2007, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Jocchan

I sit here, waiting for a better pic for the obvious OMG IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!1!!!!!! spoof :)

I just got this, someone make something better:

Pokerap reference for those who had a childhood where they weren't up to their necks in Pokemon merchandise. Good times.
superbank
The definition of front-butt.
(06-05-2007, 09:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Vic

Finally ****ing unbanned!! Got to say that after hearing the recently published Yoshi song, something tells me that the Pokemon theme is going to be legendary!

I was unbanned too. :)

Yoshi Story Ending:

This is coming from someone who has never heard the ending theme to Yoshi Story.

"DEE EEEEEE NOOOOOOOO"
->
"THE EEEEEND NOOOOOOOO"
->
"THE END"

Its pretty catchy.

Pokeballs:

Why does the pokeball look so low poly in the screenshot? Groudon is massive...

Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen… :lol
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(06-05-2007, 09:47 PM)
yeah pokeballs are very low in poly count, I also with they made them smaller
Crab Milk Mickey
(06-05-2007, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Vic

Hopefully it'll be the Pokémon Gold / Silver Battle Theme. Again.
hoverboarder
(06-05-2007, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Firestorm

I just got this, someone make something better:

Pokerap reference for those who had a childhood where they weren't up to their necks in Pokemon merchandise. Good times.

damn..now the pokerap will be stuck in my head all day.

not an update i really care about, but at least we got the revelation of poke balls out of the way. hopefully he just doesn't update with all the pokemon that will come out of them as an excuse to postpone real updates.
Espada
(06-05-2007, 10:05 PM)

Originally Posted by MicVlaD

Hopefully it'll be the Pokémon Gold / Silver Battle Theme. Again.

My money's on them using whatever new themes/areas are in Diamond & Pearl. If not that, then something from the GBA games.
God's Vessel
Banned
(06-05-2007, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by superbank

Why does the pokeball look so low poly in the screenshot?

Probably cos of the amount of crap that can happen on the screen at one time. They should just make them smaller. It looks better and it also hides the low poly better.
WastingPenguins
(06-05-2007, 11:54 PM)
*sigh*

Guys, the pokeball is not as big as you think. Remeber in Melee, where you could pause the game and pan the camera around to the side? They're doing something similar in most of these shots. That's why it looks like the pokeball is coming toward the screen. It'll look fine during normal gameplay.
Firestorm
(06-05-2007, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by WastingPenguins

*sigh*

Guys, the pokeball is not as big as you think. Remeber in Melee, where you could pause the game and pan the camera around to the side? They're doing something similar in most of these shots. That's why it looks like the pokeball is coming toward the screen. It'll look fine during normal gameplay.

I think people realize that and are just saying it should be smaller on the screenshot to hide the fact that it's so low poly.
DeathbyVolcano
Banned
(06-06-2007, 12:01 AM)
I want a new character.
Chao
(06-06-2007, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by BrandNew

I want a new character.

?
Last edited by Chao; 06-06-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Dr.Hadji
(06-06-2007, 01:24 AM)
Why the poo poo is Fox using a new animation set while the others are stuck with their old ones.