• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

test_account
XP-39C
(06-30-2013, 01:10 PM)
test_account's Avatar
I didnt know this (i got a EU copy), but i'm not bothered with it at all. The multiplayer is just as fun in my opinion. Everytime you kill someone in the game, they go down into recovery mode. Unless you execute them with a shotgun or a bomb, i dont think it would be possible to get the dismembering. And it is pointless to waste weapons/ammo shooting on a dead person.
Last edited by test_account; 06-30-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Shake Appeal
Member
(06-30-2013, 01:10 PM)
Shake Appeal's Avatar

Originally Posted by TEH-CJ

Germany is known for bukkakes and they censore gore??

fucking backwards.

Oh my.
SolidusDave
Member
(06-30-2013, 01:12 PM)
SolidusDave's Avatar

Originally Posted by Backfoggen

It's the new cool thing to do. German version has to be cut, cut all the other European versions as well. Already happened with GoW:A

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=27757

and Twisted Metal

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=583814


Woah, woah. I didn't know this. Just finished GoW:A and was wondering why they didn't actually show the stomp. Bought the UK version to avoid this...
But is it really because of Germany, are they too cheap to censor only that version? Or do they fear people will not buy the game if they have to release a special German version and therefore secretly censor all PAL versions?


Sucks for all these examples because the game is already fucking rated for adults. No need to censor it, just these backwards people and laws that make these tiny distinctions.
El-Suave
Member
(06-30-2013, 01:24 PM)
El-Suave's Avatar
The censoring is stupid because Sony effectively has at least two versions of all of their games in EU markets anyway. When I import a Sony game from the UK into Germany it doesn't come with German voiceovers while the German version lets you switch languages. It has been that way with first party games for years. That's done to try to prevent us Germans to buy our games in the UK and save money. If there are two versions anyway, why can't the UK version be uncut then? Don't blame this on Germany people, this is entirely Sony's fault!
Last edited by El-Suave; 06-30-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Jakabok
Junior Member
(06-30-2013, 01:29 PM)
In the singleplayer when you are killed by a bloater, does the 'jaw-ripping' animation cut away at the last minute on the US version? Cause in the UK it does and the cut seems a bit odd?
Sickboy007
Member
(06-30-2013, 01:34 PM)
Sickboy007's Avatar
I thought we were past this shit, it's not the 90s anymore.
Haunted
(06-30-2013, 01:36 PM)
Haunted's Avatar

Originally Posted by TEH-CJ

Germany is known for bukkakes and they censore gore??

fucking backwards.

Contender for best satirical post 2013, easily.
Schweinehund
Member
(06-30-2013, 01:42 PM)
Schweinehund's Avatar
In the US we are pretty desensitized toward media violence in comparison to sex, while it seems to be reversed in yurop.

Was a shocking pleasant experience to get free cable tv porn in my german hotel room on my class trip.
Gbraga
Junior Member
(06-30-2013, 01:44 PM)
Gbraga's Avatar
fix this shit santa monica!
Parakeetman
No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
(06-30-2013, 01:45 PM)
Parakeetman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Graphics Horse

Why would you want to look at that.

Because some people like to gaze upon their handiwork.
Septimius
Member
(06-30-2013, 01:47 PM)
Septimius's Avatar
I bought my game in Norway, and we're not a part of EU, but I'm guessing this affects my game as well. Fuck you, EU. I don't want your shit.
test_account
XP-39C
(06-30-2013, 01:50 PM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by Septimius

I bought my game in Norway, and we're not a part of EU, but I'm guessing this affects my game as well. Fuck you, EU. I don't want your shit.

When EU is used for game regions, it is often a shortage for Europe in general, not the European Union. But yeah, the norwegian (and scandinavian) version of the game is also censored in the multiplayer. I tried to shoot a dead guy in the leg earlier with a shotgun, and nothing happened.

Personally, i dont see this as a big loss. I assume that the only way to get dismembering is to use either bombs or shotgun at close range when executing someone or shooting a dead guy (where the latter one is pointless since its just a waste of ammo).
Kayo-kun
Member
(06-30-2013, 01:51 PM)
Kayo-kun's Avatar
Same thing happened with Team Fortress 2. The gore/blood is censored and almost non-existant in EU due to the German censorship laws.
John Caboose
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:00 PM)
John Caboose's Avatar
I'm fine with age ratings but seriously, when a game (or any media) is 18+ the developer should be free to put in as much sex, nudity (they're different things damnit!), swearing and violence as they want to. I guess I'm obliged to say "no child pornography though" just to show where my line is drawn.
dan2026
Banned
(06-30-2013, 02:03 PM)
Fucking Germany seriously fix your shit!

Why are you ruining it for the rest of us?
codecow
Visceral Games
(06-30-2013, 02:04 PM)
codecow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big_Al

Just the censor the german version please instead of every single fuckin EU country. It's the same as Gearbox editing some death animations in Borderlands 2 for the whole world. Bleh.

That's what we did on DS2, the softened SKU was sold only in Germany. The reason why more people don't do this is that it screws up the matchmaking for the people who buy that particular SKU as their potential matches are much lower.
KaiserBecks
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:05 PM)
KaiserBecks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kayo-kun

Same thing happened with Team Fortress 2. The gore/blood is censored and almost non-existant in EU due to the German censorship laws.

That's not true. The game is uncensored outside of Germany.
Septimius
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:06 PM)
Septimius's Avatar

Originally Posted by test_account

When EU is used for game regions, it is often a shortage for Europe in general, not the European Union. But yeah, the norwegian (and scandinavian) version of the game is also censored in the multiplayer. I tried to shoot a dead guy in the leg earlier with a shotgun, and nothing happened.

Personally, i dont see this as a big loss. I assume that the only way to get dismembering is to use either bombs or shotgun at close range when executing someone or shooting a dead guy (where the latter one is pointless since its just a waste of ammo).

Norway is not a part of the EU. Sweden is. I don't want the EU to impose their shitty rules on my non EU country. Of course, this is a non-issue, really. I just don't like that it happens to me, regardless.
SirIgbyCeaser
Banned
(06-30-2013, 02:07 PM)
SirIgbyCeaser's Avatar
In austria they did something really sketch. The box was swiss with the pegi logo, but the disk was german with a USK rating.

Twas odd.
test_account
XP-39C
(06-30-2013, 02:08 PM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by codecow

That's what we did on DS2, the softened SKU was sold only in Germany. The reason why more people don't do this is that it screws up the matchmaking for the people who buy that particular SKU as their potential matches are much lower.

Is there any reason why the two SKUs cant work together in multiplayer? If it isnt possible, it would make sense why it only affects the multiplayer part of the game.


Originally Posted by Septimius

Norway is not a part of the EU. Sweden is. I don't want the EU to impose their shitty rules on my non EU country. Of course, this is a non-issue, really. I just don't like that it happens to me, regardless.

Sure, i know, but what i mean is that EU is often used as a shortage for Europe in general ( EU = Europe, as in every single country in Europe regardless if they are a member of the european union or not) :) There isnt necessarily a European Union version of a game. There are also very rarely a norwegian-only version of an international game. It is usually a scandinavian version that has both norwegian, swedish, danish and finnish text on the back of the box. Sweden, Danemark and Finland are all parts of the EU, but i dont think that the publishers would have made a norwegian-only version of the game anyway. It probably cost more money to make another version of the game.
Last edited by test_account; 06-30-2013 at 02:17 PM.
test_account
XP-39C
(06-30-2013, 02:10 PM)
test_account's Avatar
EDIT: Double post, sorry.
KaiserBecks
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:10 PM)
KaiserBecks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Septimius

Norway is not a part of the EU. Sweden is. I don't want the EU to impose their shitty rules on my non EU country. Of course, this is a non-issue, really. I just don't like that it happens to me, regardless.

The reason is purely geographical, it has nothing to do with the European Union or European laws.
vitacola
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:11 PM)
vitacola's Avatar

Originally Posted by Septimius

Norway is not a part of the EU. Sweden is. I don't want the EU to impose their shitty rules on my non EU country. Of course, this is a non-issue, really. I just don't like that it happens to me, regardless.

You are missing the point.
There are no "EU rules" regarding censorship in movies or games.
Septimius
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:12 PM)
Septimius's Avatar
Fine, fine :)

I'll just continue shaking my fist at Germany instead. I never did get their complete obsession with removing all gore from anything.
zma1013
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:13 PM)
zma1013's Avatar
I'm in the US and I don't recall ever seeing dismemberment in the multiplayer. How do you do it?

Originally Posted by Jakabok

In the singleplayer when you are killed by a bloater, does the 'jaw-ripping' animation cut away at the last minute on the US version? Cause in the UK it does and the cut seems a bit odd?

Does that in my US copy, I think that's normal how it does that.
Backfoggen
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:15 PM)
Backfoggen's Avatar
Let's not forget that this is Sony's decision. It wouldn't happen without Germany's shitty laws/rules/guidelines, but no ones keeping them from publishing the uncensored version in every EU country except Germany.
AKyemeni
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:17 PM)
AKyemeni's Avatar

Originally Posted by zma1013

I'm in the US and I don't recall ever seeing dismemberment in the multiplayer. How do you do it?

There only a couple of ways

1. If you down a player, shoot then in the head or use a bomb. Using a bomb will cut off legs and arms. If you shoot them in the stomach, their stomach/guts become visible.

2. Headshot with a military sniper.

3. Special executions with a Shotgun, shorty, or military sniper.
jooso
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:17 PM)
jooso's Avatar
Well I guess I should import the game then.
zma1013
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:18 PM)
zma1013's Avatar

Originally Posted by AKyemeni

There only a couple of ways

1. If you down a player, shoot then in the head or use a bomb. Using a bomb will cut off legs and arms. If you shoot them in the stomach, their stomach/guts become visible.

2. Headshot with a military sniper.

3. Special executions with a Shotgun, shorty, or military sniper.

Oh yeah well I've seen that their heads blow off, I've just never seen their arms and legs blow off. I'll use a bomb next time to do it.
test_account
XP-39C
(06-30-2013, 02:19 PM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by Septimius

Fine, fine :)

I'll just continue shaking my fist at Germany instead. I never did get their complete obsession with removing all gore from anything.

I'm also curious why it is like this in Germany.
hannes
Junior Member
(06-30-2013, 02:19 PM)
hannes's Avatar

Originally Posted by TEH-CJ

Germany is known for bukkakes and they censore gore??

fucking backwards.

Last edited by hannes; 06-30-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Lord Snow
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:21 PM)
Lord Snow's Avatar
Funnily enough, I was just playing multiplayer yesterday when I noticed some dude getting blown apart by a grenade, I'd never seen that before when playing TLoU online. Maybe the patch has added it back in? I have a UK copy.
Sylver
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:23 PM)
Sylver's Avatar

Originally Posted by test_account

I'm also curious why it is like this in Germany.

Because Germany history.
Last edited by Sylver; 06-30-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Sickboy007
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:25 PM)
Sickboy007's Avatar

Originally Posted by test_account

I'm also curious why it is like this in Germany.

They're worried that any kind of violence would trigger some hidden, murderous instinct.
SoraanTribal
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:27 PM)
SoraanTribal's Avatar
You can dismember people in the multiplayer? I'm in the US and never realized you could do that. I didn't think it was possible in the MP.
Krusenstern
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:32 PM)
Krusenstern's Avatar

Originally Posted by test_account

I'm also curious why it is like this in Germany.

Germany lost the war and now they have to act commendable for the rest of the world.

Just joking.

I hate it nevertheless. Why do you still censor 18+ rated media? It's utterly useless and braindead. And now if I want to import a completety uncut version I have to buy it from the US. Fuck this.
waypoetic
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:33 PM)
waypoetic's Avatar
Didn't know that. But i don't care. I'm having a great time anyway.
Melfice7
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:34 PM)
Melfice7's Avatar
I wanna blow someone's legs off with a bomb when they're trying to crawl to safety

Fix this shit ND
vitacola
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:34 PM)
vitacola's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krusenstern

And now if I want to import a completety uncut version I have to buy it from the US. Fuck this.

Beware of the titties!
NewGame
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:38 PM)
NewGame's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big_Al

It's the principle of the thing more so than anything. I paid 40 for this game, I don't like it being censored to comparison to other countries versions, especially when it's not my country with the problems in regards to it.

I don't place monetary value on red leg stumps.
IdreamofHIME
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:38 PM)
IdreamofHIME's Avatar

Originally Posted by TEH-CJ

Germany is known for bukkakes and they censore gore??

fucking backwards.

There's no bukkake in the game either, so that obviously got censored.
GunslingerVit
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:42 PM)
GunslingerVit's Avatar
I guess it's Europe wide censored to avoid censorship circumvention by importing the game from another European country.

Censorship in games (and movies) from the developer's side is such an annoyance. Even if you download games you will get the censored edition because of Geo-IP etc.

But honestly, I don't see the reasoning behind censoring the multiplayer, but leave the singleplayer as it is. Kill everybody in the most brutal way (pipe to head, shotgun to the face) offline and then cutting down the violence online...
snap0212
Member
(06-30-2013, 02:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Krusenstern

I hate it nevertheless. Why do you still censor 18+ rated media? It's utterly useless and braindead. And now if I want to import a completety uncut version I have to buy it from the US. Fuck this.

Pretty much every country I know prohibits certain kinds of content. Germany has extreme violence on that list as well.
vitacola
Member
(06-30-2013, 03:04 PM)
vitacola's Avatar

Originally Posted by GunslingerVit

But honestly, I don't see the reasoning behind censoring the multiplayer, but leave the singleplayer as it is. Kill everybody in the most brutal way (pipe to head, shotgun to the face) offline and then cutting down the violence online...

Probably because the violence in the singleplayer of the game is justified by the story and isn't just for fun. Keep in mind I didn't play the game yet and I'm just judging it from other decisions of the USK. Maybe they wouldn't have declined the rating anyway. We'll never know. Still it's Sony's fault for rushing ahead with the decision.
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(06-30-2013, 03:07 PM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar
I think the Canadian version might be censored too. I played multiplayer for a long while and I never saw dismemberment of any kind.
Suairyu
Banned
(06-30-2013, 03:08 PM)
Suairyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by vitacola

Probably because the violence in the singleplayer of the game is justified by the story and isn't just for fun. Keep in mind I didn't play the game yet and I'm just judging it from other decisions of the USK. Maybe they wouldn't have declined the rating anyway. We'll never know. Still it's Sony's fault for rushing ahead with the decision.

This is almost definitely the reason.
GunslingerVit
Member
(06-30-2013, 03:09 PM)
GunslingerVit's Avatar

Originally Posted by vitacola

Probably because the violence in the singleplayer of the game is justified by the story and isn't just for fun.

This ain't fun, it's survival!
JawzPause
Member
(06-30-2013, 03:15 PM)
JawzPause's Avatar
Is there any proof that this is Germany's fault? I mean I like blaming Germany for everything as much as the next guy but it seems that many people are blaming them without any evidence.
akaoni
Banned
(06-30-2013, 03:19 PM)

Originally Posted by JawzPause

Is there any proof that this is Germany's fault? I mean I like blaming Germany for everything as much as the next guy but it seems that many people are blaming them without any evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUuABNnTC0
Suairyu
Banned
(06-30-2013, 03:20 PM)
Suairyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by JawzPause

Is there any proof that this is Germany's fault? I mean I like blaming Germany for everything as much as the next guy but it seems that many people are blaming them without any evidence.

This is like asking someone to prove gravity's existence every time something falls to the ground.

Thread Tools