• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit

Puzzledragonx got a nice little upgrade with the event schedule getting a prominent space on the front page; as it should have been from the start. And maybe this feature was already present on the site for a long time, but today I noticed that Puzzledragonx allows you to simulate rare egg machine pulls by clicking on the golden dragon. Out of curiosity I clicked the dragon ten times and this is what I got:

Earth Guardian, Pierdra, Dryad, White Dragon, Phoenix Knight, Sylph, Pierdrawn, Dragon Rider, Red Dragon, and Fenrir Knight. At least my luck for rare egg pulls in this game is consistent, be it virtual or er.... virtual virtual.

Puzzledragonx got a nice little upgrade with the event schedule getting a prominent space on the front page; as it should have been from the start. And maybe this feature was already present on the site for a long time, but today I noticed that Puzzledragonx allows you to simulate rare egg machine pulls by clicking on the golden dragon. Out of curiosity I clicked the dragon ten times and this is what I got:

Earth Guardian, Pierdra, Dryad, White Dragon, Phoenix Knight, Sylph, Pierdrawn, Dragon Rider, Red Dragon, and Fenrir Knight. At least my luck for rare egg pulls in this game is consistent, be it virtual or er.... virtual virtual.

This is epic. So much better than before....that splash screen was nothing but an annoyance.

Wanchan

It would seem like the pros outweigh the con, but some people really think that con is a deal breaker.

For me it's a deal breaker, i can totally see where gungho is going right now with their dual colors bosses and why they're giving dual-colors busty to toys at this very moment, i'm not going to busty my toys as long as i don't have a second one in stock.

J0dy77

How many attempts did it take you to get a Titan to drop? I've lost count at this point and I would like to get two.

Don't hate me but I think I got both of mine from the PAL machine. The first one I got very early on in my playing days (may have been a drop), the second one was definitely PAL a month or so back. I've never tried farming any directly like I did with the healer girls (siren/lilith/echidna). Those took forever.

Hope this hasn't been answered a gazilion times.

If I install the 5.3 version by the apk what happens to my save?Is there something I need to do before it?

Not a US account so I can't update the normal way.
It should update fine if you just install the new APK over it. If you have a backup solution it doesn't hurt to back up to be safe anyways.

mercviper

This is epic. So much better than before....that splash screen was nothing but an annoyance.

Beta told us this yesterday lol.

PDX 23 Jul Update
We finally have a new main page! http://www.puzzledragonx.com/
The metal dragon and event schedule will be shown there from now on.
Please adjust your bookmark if necessary.

Anyway, thanks for the writeup GC. I didn't actually look too far into how much a problem the dual evo would be when it came to binds and what you've shown makes it look a lot better to go with the evo route. Still, the rcv stat isn't comparable to a regular healer, and you don't get full benefits until you've max leveled your toy dragon.

Unfortunately, as much as I would like to give a toy dragon a regular spot on a team because of their awesome actives, I don't think the evo stats are enough to change how I use the toy dragons normally, which is for niche roles akin to when you need a second siren on a team.

Anyway, thanks for the writeup GC. I didn't actually look too far into how much a problem the dual evo would be when it came to binds and what you've shown makes it look a lot better to go with the evo route. Still, the rcv stat isn't comparable to a regular healer, and you don't get full benefits until you've max leveled your toy dragon.

Unfortunately, as much as I would like to give a toy dragon a regular spot on a team because of their awesome actives, I don't think the evo stats are enough to change how I use the toy dragons normally, which is for niche roles akin to when you need a second siren on a team.
You're welcome. Yeah, the Toy Dragons aren't for everyone. And some people will still choose not to evolve them which is fine, too. I was just sharing my thoughts that some may find helpful. I've personally always liked them. I often use my max skilled Drawn Joker on my SoD Lucifer team as a Dark Siren. With 4x HP and 4x RCV it's actually superior to Siren in that case.

You're welcome. Yeah, the Toy Dragons aren't for everyone. And some people will still choose not to evolve them which is fine, too. I was just sharing my thoughts that some may find helpful. I've personally always liked them. I often use my max skilled Drawn Joker on my SoD Lucifer team as a Dark Siren. With 4x HP and 4x RCV it's actually superior to Siren in that case.
If there was a decent way to skill up the toy dragons, I would probably take them more seriously. I would love a max skill drawn joker but that requires a ton of bad REM pulls, which I am trying to avoid doing any more.

New Something Awful IRC power rankings for starter rolls. Originally I was going to post about how I actually disagreed with this one quite a bit but after trying to write out why I realized I couldn't really think of good reasons.
God King Tier: Isis, Horus, Archangel Lucifer

Top Tier: Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Freyr, Idunn & Idunna, Freyja, Parvati, 'Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan', 'Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin', 'Incarnation of Byakko, Haku', Dark Metatron

Okay Tier: Shiva, Apollo, Thor, Persephone, Loki, Baal, Bastet, Archangel Uriel, Archangel Gabriel, Archangel Michael, Odin the War Deity (Blue Odin), Archangel Metatron

Sick of Rerolling Tier: Lakshmi, Odin (Green Odin), Siegfried the Blue Champion, Valkyrie, 'Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei'

SAVANT TIER*: 'Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya', Ra
My personal rankings and notes about new monsters are:
Isis down a tier. The top tier should be reserved solely for monsters that can handle endgame descended content on the highest of difficulties. Isis, while good especially when paired with Horus, falls short. Can't tell you how many times I've brought an Isis into a dungeon for the staggered 3x/12x damage multiplier then went "fuck I wish I brought a Horus instead".

Haku is definitely the best of the 3.5x Chinese Zodiac monsters due to her sharing colors with both Echidna and Orochi. I might bump Leilan and Karin down a tier because they share only one of the two colors but I don't have enough experience with them to pass judgement. Meimei is poop because none of her activation colors are fire or water.

Dark Metatron has a great buff and an activation condition you can work around. Light Metatron has sort of the opposite issue and you might as well just use Valk for an unconditional Healer attack multiplier. Speaking of Valk, I think her usefulness as a sub and her recently added busty ought to put her in at least "good" tier.

I don't think the Archangels deserve to be that high. Three of them are replaceable by Noel Dragons and really only Michael/Bleu has an established use in a descended dungeon.

Not sure why Highlander fell out of favor. Maybe the lack of good Balance subs?

Anyways, I'd like to hear your thoughts and maybe form our own tier list.

StMeph

I don't think the Archangels deserve to be that high. Three of them are replaceable by Noel Dragons and really only Michael/Bleu has an established use in a descended dungeon.

Archangels are better Noels in the same way that the Norse are better starter dragons.

If replaceability is being considered, the Norse should drop a tier, which I actually agree with, because in late game contexts for mono-color teams, you're not running 2/4/2, but 4/1/4 or 4/2/2. The only good part about the Norse now are the ability to skill up through the CoC collaboration.

So angels retain their value by virtue of 4/1/4s as legitimate-but-slow tanky teams that can still do late-game content. 2nd generation Greeks with 2/2/1 are more versatile leaders in this regard, as they fit with any team. Their actives have a bit too long of a delay with no way to skill up, but that's really the only true complaint.

I would probably downgrade Loki, Persephone, and the other 1.5x gods outside of Parvati to the Sick of Rerolling tier. If there was a way to skill up Parvati, I would definitely rank her up there.

I would probably downgrade Loki, Persephone, and the other 1.5x gods outside of Parvati to the Sick of Rerolling tier. If there was a way to skill up Parvati, I would definitely rank her up there.

See, I would argue that outside of Shiva I would move the rest of the 1.5x gods to the sick of rerolling tier. Shiva has far to many uses in the early to mid game (really a core component when you are rolling with the intent to not IAP), and as a great sub for a mono red/goemon team.

Shiva alone can mean you can farm Masks, dublits, and super dragon descends when they show up (and you get 50 stam). Those are all huge when you are stuck in the early game.

Now with Hino Kagatsuchi getting Busty Evos, that use in endgame red mono/goemon teams might decrease, but his use in the early game completely validates his use in the "OK" tier. He is definitely better than "Sick of rerolling"

ccbfan

New Something Awful IRC power rankings for starter rolls. Originally I was going to post about how I actually disagreed with this one quite a bit but after trying to write out why I realized I couldn't really think of good reasons.

My personal rankings and notes about new monsters are:
Isis down a tier. The top tier should be reserved solely for monsters that can handle endgame descended content on the highest of difficulties. Isis, while good especially when paired with Horus, falls short. Can't tell you how many times I've brought an Isis into a dungeon for the staggered 3x/12x damage multiplier then went "fuck I wish I brought a Horus instead".

Haku is definitely the best of the 3.5x Chinese Zodiac monsters due to her sharing colors with both Echidna and Orochi. I might bump Leilan and Karin down a tier because they share only one of the two colors but I don't have enough experience with them to pass judgement. Meimei is poop because none of her activation colors are fire or water.

Dark Metatron has a great buff and an activation condition you can work around. Light Metatron has sort of the opposite issue and you might as well just use Valk for an unconditional Healer attack multiplier. Speaking of Valk, I think her usefulness as a sub and her recently added busty ought to put her in at least "good" tier.

Not sure why Highlander fell out of favor. Maybe the lack of good Balance subs?

Anyways, I'd like to hear your thoughts and maybe form our own tier list.

Any tier list without Archangel Lucifer number 1 by itself, I disagree with. Especially a list about the first roll. Lucifer just adds so much as a starting character. Easy Hera/Two Heroes. Then easy Valk/Goemon/Zeus/Hera-IS. You can literally get a Lucifer and never have to use REM again and easily complete every dungeon we currently have in this game.

Also feel rest of the Archangels and Norse Gods are too high. Noel covers the tri color and Ultimate starter dragons aren't really much worse with its 1.5 mil exp rec than Norse Gods.

Also What is Baal doing there?

POsted mine Eralier

1st tier - Archangel Lucifer - Pretty much turns the game into easy mode. Can be used to make a great teams from scratch. Seriously get this as a starting roll and you never use REM again.

2nd tier - Horus - best offensive God but unlike Lucifer which by itself can auto make great teams, Horus you still to to do a lot of work to make viable Horus teams.

3rd tier - Isis, Tri-color New GReek Gods, Neptune, Parvati, Shiva, Astaroth, Orochi - Frequently used hard to replace.

4th tier - Lakshmi,Dark and Light new Greek, Tri-color Norse, Hades, Rest of Archangels, Amu, Cat girl - Frequently used, but easily replaced. Just better version.

5th tier - Ceres, Venus, Sasuke, Indra, Demon Lucifer, Light and Dark Norse, Ra - Less useful than 3rd Tier and 4th Tier

6th Tier - Rest of Demons, Anubus, Hino, Minerva - Useful in Rare situations but not needed.

7th Tier - Vritra, Yomi - Crapiest of all crap.

Well there's a way to skill up Parvati. In Japan and Korea. It involves the ECO collab, an anime who shits crayons, and lots of trips to the Thursday dungeon.

I guess my lack of an archangel is clouding my judgement since Norse gods are still A tier despite being replaceable by the starter busties. Still seems like the stuff beyond Ocean of Heaven isn't easily doable by a 1/4/4 Archangel team due to the lack of ATK.

Well there's a way to skill up Parvati. In Japan and Korea. It involves the ECO collab, an anime who shits crayons, and lots of trips to the Thursday dungeon.

I guess my lack of an archangel is clouding my judgement since Norse gods are still A tier despite being replaceable by the starter busties. Still seems like the stuff beyond Ocean of Heaven isn't easily doable by a 1/4/4 Archangel team due to the lack of ATK.

nah all that stuff until starlight sanctuary really is not that bad with a 4x HP, 4xRCV team, except for the fact that you are poisoning to death/armour breaking all the bosses. Hera-Is should make mono blue 1/4/4 teams faster now because of Gravity.

Alright, guys. So, now that my Horus is level 99, I have some choices for reds: Goemon, Shiva, Freyr, and Kagutsuchi. Goemon and Shiva are evolved, and the other two are not. What would you recommend?

nah all that stuff until starlight sanctuary really is not that bad with a 4x HP, 4xRCV team, except for the fact that you are poisoning to death/armour breaking all the bosses. Hera-Is should make mono blue 1/4/4 teams faster now because of Gravity.
Hmm, so Gabriel a tier higher than the rest solely because of being blue?

Thinking about it even more, none of the 6.25x ATK mons should be there due to replaceability with ADK. Maybe keep Bastet cause her buff is unconditional to party composition, plus she is sometimes useful as a sub on Zeus to make the chimeras not a stone sink. Baal is on the list for the same reason, but Devil type monsters are difficult to come by early on unless you roll the REM a lot.

So I guess in terms of evaluation, starter rolls should be ranked roughly in order by
1. Ease of farming from the game
2. Viability as a leader in late/end-game content
3. Usefulness as a sub once they stop becoming useful
4. Difficulty to unlock full potential

Ammy Ookami would probably still be on the list if 4. didn't exist. Valkyrie I could see being demoted for the same reason cause 1.5m to get her to Princess status is a slog, but just having her be Great is good enough to reach Pengdras I guess.

Alright, guys. So, now that my Horus is level 99, I have some choices for reds: Goemon, Shiva, Freyr, and Kagutsuchi. Goemon and Shiva are evolved, and the other two are not. What would you recommend?
If we aren't friends already you should add me. I could always use more high level Horuses (Hori?). My ID is 368,246,208.

As for who to to level up I would say whoever you use most. For me it would be between Shiva and Freyr. Goemon is pretty much just as useful at low levels as he is at high levels, so he hasn't really been a priority for me. And Kagutsuchi is kind of just a novelty (but admittedly pretty nice to have). But Freyr and Shiva are both great mono-red leaders and subs, and both fit well into a Goemon team.

On a different note has there been any word on the other Japanese ultimate evos? And what about Duke and Gigas?

EDIT: Just a heads up, the PDX metal dragon schedule appears to be wrong. It says group D should be up right now and it is not.

On a different note has there been any word on the other Japanese ultimate evos? And what about Duke and Gigas?
Not previewed on Twitter/the weekly stream, not hidden in data. Starting to wonder whether the claims that they'd give the rest of the cycles busties were a mistranslation. *shrug*

If we aren't friends already you should add me. I could always use more high level Horuses (Hori?). My ID is 368,246,208.

As for who to to level up I would say whoever you use most. For me it would be between Shiva and Freyr. Goemon is pretty much just as useful at low levels as he is at high levels, so he hasn't really been a priority for me. And Kagutsuchi is kind of just a novelty (but admittedly pretty nice to have). But Freyr and Shiva are both great mono-red leaders and subs, and both fit well into a Goemon team.

Got it. When you get a friend request from John Death, that's me. I don't know what leader I have up at the moment, but I change it up a lot.

I was actually considering Kagutsuchi because of his dark sub for my Lucifer team, but I've been working on Goemon. Maybe I should shift my focus.

Kreed

The Angel's not only have better stats but their skill is way more useful in more situations than the Noel Dragon's one enemy nuke. But as Zippedpinhead said, if you have dual angel leaders, you're mostly going to be tanking battles, which their leader skills make them much better than Noels for that purpose. I prefer pairing them with 2/2/1 or 1/2/2 leaders though.

POsted mine Eralier

1st tier - Archangel Lucifer - Pretty much turns the game into easy mode. Can be used to make a great teams from scratch. Seriously get this as a starting roll and you never use REM again.

2nd tier - Horus - best offensive God but unlike Lucifer which by itself can auto make great teams, Horus you still to to do a lot of work to make viable Horus teams.

3rd tier - Isis, Tri-color New GReek Gods, Neptune, Parvati, Shiva, Astaroth, Orochi - Frequently used hard to replace.

4th tier - Lakshmi,Dark and Light new Greek, Tri-color Norse, Hades, Rest of Archangels, Amu, Cat girl - Frequently used, but easily replaced. Just better version.

5th tier - Ceres, Venus, Sasuke, Indra, Demon Lucifer, Light and Dark Norse, Ra - Less useful than 3rd Tier and 4th Tier

6th Tier - Rest of Demons, Anubus, Hino, Minerva - Useful in Rare situations but not needed.

7th Tier - Vritra, Yomi - Crapiest of all crap.

I disagree with is your placement of Indra and Vritra (I'd switch those two in regards to usefulness). Also Amon deserves to be placed at least in 5th tier.

xCobalt

Just got two flame knights in one run. Pretty happy about that but I'm saving them all until the next event for the 2x skill up rate.

Wanchan

New Something Awful IRC power rankings for starter rolls.

Kinda agree with that tier list.

As for Isis being at the same tier as Horus... First, the tricolors dungeons, while there's actually no hard tricolors now, you can't use Horus in there so if Gungho decide one day to push a super hard tricolor dungeon, you won't be able to use Horus. Second, at the moment Blue is a bit more effective than Red in end game since there's more end game/hard RED dungeons than there is WOOD, so Isis get x2 bonus color on Goemon, Hera-UR, neutral on Hera-IS, while Horus get neutral on Goemon, Hera-UR and /2 on Hera-IS. Even though Horus x bonus is higher for subs, your 2 Horus will deal less damage than 2 Isis in RED/Blue dungeon, that's something you also have to take into account. I really think Dual Isis+1 extra blue mob will perform better than Dual Horus in a Red/Blue Dungeon for example, also note that Isis only need 3 colors to activate...This means that if you bring Isis + let's say, a Dual color mobs, you already have 3 colors and you have 3 room left for x2 elementals bonus monsters and that's huge damage.

Of course when Gungho will release Zeus Dios and Athena or other end game Wood dungeons, i'll agree that Horus will be alone in his own tier but for now i don't think he deserve to have his own tier or to lower Isis one tier since she still have many advantages over Horus...at least this comes from someone using Isis kinda often.

Also many people will never be able to use Horus efficiently while Isis is way easier to trigger/more noob friendly, so for starters, Isis is a better choice, unless you start the game and you're immediately an orbs matching god...i think there was a thread about this on a Japanese board, players were saying that also Horus has more burst than Isis, you can trigger Isis way more often so while Horus burst damage will be higher than Isis sometimes, the DPS should still be better for Isis cause of the miss you'll have with Horus. (tho this is actually false for people using cheating tools since they'll do most of the time 7 combos+...)

But i guess the horus/isis debate will be eternal and it's always a matter of playstyle more than anything at the end...(and the use of cheating tools for some..)

As for Baal being this high, he's kinda like an ADK for every colors so i guess people not understanding how powerful he can be, never used him? :p

PS : there might be bad english in my post, sorry!!

J0dy77

So I guess in terms of evaluation, starter rolls should be ranked roughly in order by

I can agree with these criteria but maybe in a different order. If I was going to pick one monster for first roll I would want him to be the best end game team possible. To build around a first roll character and have that team lose viability would feel like lost time.

If you're looking at mobs from the perspective of clearing content I think Neptune should be added to any tier list and viper higher on the list. Abyss Neptune allows you to clear two heroes and Hera-is while having an extremely unique/useful poison skill. Viper's delay is amazing on so many teams and almost required for a Horus team to clear top level content.

My god tier is definitely Horus and Seraphim Lucifer. Personally, I put Horus ahead for the fact that he makes the game more fun. The Egyptian match 3-5 colors is my favorite way to play the game. Seraphim would be the easier and stronger first mob. It's really easy to build dark teams. Horus takes a lot of work and good subs.

Next two tiers i put on the same level just different types, subs and leaders. I favor mobs that are unique and great subs. A lot if times leaders can be found through the friend list but subs you need yourself. Viper, Parvati, Hades, Neptune, susano.

For leaders I would put Isis by herself and the chinese gods with the mono mobs following after. Hermes, I&I, Artemis, Ares etc.

Part of me wants to bump down the 2atk/rcv mobs since the starter dragons can fill that roll.

Bottom line, There are definitely some mobs that are better than others. But it takes a strong full team to make it work.

I think Astaroth should be much higher in the tiers, she's absent in the SA listing. Putting together a great dark team is about as easy (and overlaps completely) with the process of putting together a great devil team, and Astaroth is the obvious choice for descended-dungeon leader. Her HP bonus also syncs the best with the counterattack ability, which can be extremely strong in descended dungeons when paired with against the descended boss's weak color.

For those who may have not known, max box space has increased from 500 to 600 with this update. Friend limit still at 200.

Hmm, so Gabriel a tier higher than the rest solely because of being blue?

Thinking about it even more, none of the 6.25x ATK mons should be there due to replaceability with ADK. Maybe keep Bastet cause her buff is unconditional to party composition, plus she is sometimes useful as a sub on Zeus to make the chimeras not a stone sink. Baal is on the list for the same reason, but Devil type monsters are difficult to come by early on unless you roll the REM a lot.

Ammy Ookami would probably still be on the list if 4. didn't exist. Valkyrie I could see being demoted for the same reason cause 1.5m to get her to Princess status is a slog, but just having her be Great is good enough to reach Pengdras I guess.
Regarding that tier list, I'd probably tweak a few rankings, but without a detailed breakdown of each monster's ranking it's hard to argue against. Maybe the person who created the tier list has considered things I might miss or not know about. One thing that someone would need to convince me on though, is that Bastet belongs on any tier list among those listed. IMO, she's not even "sick of rerolling" tier. I'm holding onto her pathetic Lvl.6 form that I pulled her at, just in case she ever gets a decent evolution. But power creep has made 2.5x ATK obsolete, and while something like an ADK may be worthwhile until something better comes along (due to its useful orb change and synergy with plentiful Dragons throughout the game, and also its ease of obtainability), I don't think it's worth keeping a Bastet if you're bothering with rerolling for something good.

Regarding the Archangels, Lucifer is obviously #1, but then I like the potential of Uriel with triple max skilled Echidnas. 4x HP and 4x RCV with a constant cycle of delays? Seems like the most durable team in the game, as long as nothing hits for more than your team HP, which is unfortunately only around 50K HP due to Echidna's low health. The sixth member would need to be some type of finisher like Shiva, Kagutsuchi, or Hera-Ur. Unfortunately, out of over 165 friends on my list, not a single person uses Uriel, so I haven't even be able to playtest it. But really, all the Archangels are good. I don't devalue them due to Noels being alternatives, since Noels can't be farmed or pulled, and you only get 1 of the 3 tricolors on special occasions.

As far as people who rank Archangel Lucifer and Horus #1 and #2 respectively, I can understand that, but I might lean more toward 1a and 1b. Horus can still more easily beat some dungeons like Celestial Black Dragon. But that's nitpicking. Anyone who rolls either monster should keep it.

I like your evaluation factors. All of them make sense.

Ammy has dropped off the list for me, because she's really only useful as a lone leader. You'd rarely want to lead with 2 Ammys, and there are far too many better monsters to use as subs. That means you can get the full benefit of Ammy by just using Ammy friends when needed, instead of putting effort into raising your own, and instead start with a more versatile monster. You say she fails #4 on your evaluation list, but she really fails #2, #3, and #4.

Kreed

I think Astaroth should be much higher in the tiers, she's absent in the SA listing. Putting together a great dark team is about as easy (and overlaps completely) with the process of putting together a great devil team, and Astaroth is the obvious choice for descended-dungeon leader. Her HP bonus also syncs the best with the counterattack ability, which can be extremely strong in descended dungeons when paired with against the descended boss's weak color.

I thought Astaroth wasn't on the list because she's a devil monster and not a god, but then I saw they put two of the Heart Changers on the list (why didn't Highlander make it?), so I don't know. Probably just the SA poster(s) not knowing those monsters well enough (as well as the ninjas).

Wanchan

I think Astaroth should be much higher in the tiers, she's absent in the SA listing.

Astaroth is definitely a good end game monster but for starters? It will be really hard to build a good devil team as you progress in the game i think... at least i know i wouldn't pick her as a starter now that i know the game better. (i picked Gryps Rider while discovering this amazing game as a starter just cause i saw dual colors *hides*)

One thing that someone would need to convince me on though, is that Bastet belongs on any tier list among those listed. IMO, she's not even "sick of rerolling" tier. I'm holding onto her pathetic Lvl.6 form that I pulled her at, just in case she ever gets a decent evolution.

Totally agree on her being a meh leader now but i'm still using her as a sub, her active skill makes her a really good sub, i can't say how many times she saved my team on those frigging "full 1turn demons" floor, causing every atk to hit everyone on screen for 3 turn is OP as fuck (this + Isis/Horus combo <3)...if only i could bring this to 6 turn...

Yeah. I had Zeus kill himself in his descended dungeon because he did Super Nova while my Anubis's counter was up and ended up hitting himself for almost 300k damage. I actually have a screenshot of me sitting on the Game Over screen, with a gold egg on top.

EDIT: I think Ammy/Odin is a viable team for Hera-Ur.

Astaroth is definitely a good end game monster but for starters? It will be really hard to build a good devil team as you progress in the game i think... at least i know i wouldn't pick her as a starter now that i know the game better. (i picked Gryps Rider while discovering this amazing game as a starter just cause i saw dual colors *hides*)

Totally agree on her being a meh leader now but i'm still using her as a sub, her active skill makes her a really good sub, i can't say how many times she saved my team on those frigging "full 1turn demons" floor.
Oh yeah, definitely true. The problem is that with the REM's randomness, I think it is really best to just begin the game with an endgame monster...one more to cross off the list, right? You can make good early game teams using your starter monster and other random stuff that you pick up along the way, and then switch to your uber pull once you hit late game content.

I don't think Horus or Lucifer can really be placed above the other. They can both handle most (but not all) endgame dungeons. If we are simply considering a tier list for first pulls, they are equal, because you should never even consider rerolling after getting one of these.

On the topic of Isis vs Horus, I don't see how Isis could be better. First of all, her active is worthless so Horus wins that. As for the point that there are more fire dungeons, so Isis would do more damage, it easy to tailor the team towards the dungeon, so the damage can easily be made up with the subs. And while it is easier to activate Isis, with practice it is very possible to activate Horus pretty much every turn, unless the orbs just aren't on the board. In my opinion, Horus is better in every way.

I think Ammy/Odin is a viable team for Hera-Ur.
I think several monsters in this dungeon have multihit attacks, which immediately makes Odin/Ama obsolete.

ccbfan

IMO the Difference between Lucifer and Horus is that with Lucifer you never need to hit REM again.

Get Rainbow Keeper->Get Hera/Two Heroes -> Get Valk/Zeus/Goemon/Hera Is. Bam you already have an end game team. Plus a Valk team for fast levels. We literally have not had a dungeon released in the US where a someone who started off with a Lucifer and without using REM again would struggle with.

Lucifer teams have such an easy progression unlike Horus teams.

Horus you need to do a lot of work and really need to hit REM for some decent subs. Even then you need to work really hard for stuff that Lucifer teams just sleep walk through.

I think several monsters in this dungeon have multihit attacks, which immediately makes Odin/Ama obsolete.
Here's a post from a guy who used Ammy/Odin to do it: http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons-96.html#post1823703

There's another guy who says dual Lucifer worked for him, as well, so it sounds like Hera-Ur is either a Normal type of dungeon or something that doesn't have any massively hard hitters, unlike Hera-Is's dungeon.

IMO the Difference between Lucifer and Horus is that with Lucifer you never need to hit REM again.

Get Rainbow Keeper->Get Hera/Two Heroes -> Get Valk/Zeus/Goemon/Hera Is. Bam you already have an end game team. Plus a Valk team for fast levels. We literally have not had a dungeon released in the US where a someone who started off with a Lucifer and without using REM again would struggle with.

Lucifer teams have such an easy progression unlike Horus teams.

Horus you need to do a lot of work and really need to hit REM for some decent subs. Even then you need to work really hard for stuff that Lucifer teams just sleep walk through.
My Lucifer team got its face rocked off by Hera-Is on Legend, let alone Mythical. The problem is Chaos Devil Dragon. When that thing shows up, you either have to blow your load to down him (at which point, Hera-Is herself will most likely make short work of your team), or you'll get one-shotted when it gets to attack (and you'll only be hitting it for 1 damage with its crazy defense).

Also as far as Gods like Shiva, Green Odin, and Amaterasu Ookami go... you don't actually have to grab one. It's not like Horus where you need to have two to make the team work; as long as a friend (or even explorer!) puts up a Shiva you're totally good to finish the dungeons where he's necessary.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I HATE that GAF is blocked at work again. I need to go talk to the IT guy, get him to open it up for me, ha.

I've missed most of what's going on. Are we getting a new dungeon this weekend?

Here's a post from a guy who used Ammy/Odin to do it: http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons-96.html#post1823703

There's another guy who says dual Lucifer worked for him, as well, so it sounds like Hera-Ur is either a Normal type of dungeon or something that doesn't have any massively hard hitters, unlike Hera-Is's dungeon.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=439

There's the PDX page for Hera-Ur's dungeon. According to that site, floors 2-5 all have multihit attacks, and Hera-Ur has one huge attack. So legend does look doable with lucifer, but Ama/Odin does not seem likely to me. I think there might be some kind of misunderstanding in your link.

Man, I HATE that GAF is blocked at work again. I need to go talk to the IT guy, get him to open it up for me, ha.

I've missed most of what's going on. Are we getting a new dungeon this weekend?

Have you ever tried accessing GAF via the alternate URL? aka www.neogaf.net/forum

Haven't officially announced any event details yet, but Two Heroes is tomorrow and we're probably getting an event starting Friday or Saturday since Korea has one then.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Have you ever tried accessing GAF via the alternate URL? aka www.neogaf.net/forum

Haven't officially announced any event details yet, but Two Heroes is tomorrow and we're probably getting an event starting Friday or Saturday since Korea has one then.

I have not. I'll give it a try in the morning.

And Two Heroes, eh? The PDX database lists a few teams, but are there any others that have proven quick and effective?

Limit

I'm having terrible luck with getting a good starting roll. 1 god (Minerva) out of 7 re-rolls.

Completely normal. It took me close to 100 re-rolls over a course of 2 weeks in getting Lucifer as the starting roll. Sometimes I still have nightmares about playing the tutorial stage and pulling a green egg at the end. If you don't want to waste time then wait for a godfest to begin, which should be soon enough. At least then you will have a better chance at rolling Gods.

Scratch

so two heroes soon(ish) :X

could i borrow somebody's abyss neptune for this?

and also which team should i run to 0 stone two heroes?

Fortoytops (37) - RK, RK, EtRE(46), StE(39) - Abyss Neptune (Max, hopefully)

or

Fortoytops (37) - RK, RK, RK, EtRe(46) or StE (39) - Abyss Neptune (Max)

both teams pass the hp check, but I guess the real question is whether i want more rcv, or more health. i'm kinda leaning toward the first team, but i'd love some more opinons!

so two heroes soon(ish) :X

could i borrow somebody's abyss neptune for this?

and also which team should i run to 0 stone two heroes?

Fortoytops (37) - RK, RK, EtRE(46), StE(39) - Abyss Neptune (Max, hopefully)

or

Fortoytops (37) - RK, RK, RK, EtRe(46) or StE (39) - Abyss Neptune (Max)

both teams pass the hp check, but I guess the real question is whether i want more rcv, or more health. i'm kinda leaning toward the first team, but i'd love some more opinons!
What are the skill levels of your Echidna and Siren? I'd roll with the first team, personally, because Rainbow Keepers take a while to charge.

Also, I have a max level Abyss Neptune. 346,435,299

EDIT: Well, I just smoked it with dual Lucifers. The hardest part was not killing the last Vampire Lord by accident while stalling. Otherwise, it was just auto-pilot the whole way through.

Limit

Yeah, the two heroes dungeon was a cakewalk with dual lucifer team. Tis' unfortunate that I got another Berserk instead of highlander. Don't know if leveling up a second Berserk is worth it.

raiot

I dont think leveling a second Berserk is needed, you can't go around breaking hearts all day ;) ... Just use him for skill ups.

Scratch

What are the skill levels of your Echidna and Siren? I'd roll with the first team, personally, because Rainbow Keepers take a while to charge.

Also, I have a max level Abyss Neptune. 346,435,299

EDIT: Well, I just smoked it with dual Lucifers. The hardest part was not killing the last Vampire Lord by accident while stalling. Otherwise, it was just auto-pilot the whole way through.

it won't let me add you :( says your friends list is full

correction: it says you have the max amount of friend invites

Raika

I've read people clearing the dungeon with a Horus team on puzzleanddragonsforum. How on earth do they do that? The Vamps have around 1.8 million HP total (or is the total 600k?), so a Horus team shouldn't be able to take 2 of them down before their turn right? Unless my math is off and a Horus team can somehow deal 1.2 million damage in 3 turns (since not enough HP to take 2 hits from Vamps).

it won't let me add you :( says your friends list is full

correction: it says you have the max amount of friend invites
I guess 30 is the max amount of invites you can have. At least now we know!

Anyway, I cleared them up for you. I have a habit of waiting to see if someone actually plays and levels up his stuff before I add.

I've read people clearing the dungeon with a Horus team on puzzleanddragonsforum. How on earth do they do that? The Vamps have around 1.8 million HP total (or is the total 600k?), so a Horus team shouldn't be able to take 2 of them down before their turn right? Unless my math is off and a Horus team can somehow deal 1.2 million damage in 3 turns (since not enough HP to take 2 hits from Vamps).
I have a feeling a lot of the strategies posted there are just theory and speculation. In this particular case, though, each Vampire Lord only has about 600k HP and not particularly high defense, so a Horus team could easily smash through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom