• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

VanWinkle

I'm not hip on the terminology in the game but Valors must be important because the announcer is constantly going on about them, oh and Vangaurds too. Have no idea what either are. I look forward to playing it some more but this might just be the game that will make me finally go buy some sort of gamepad case for my now naked Vita.

Van-Guards are dropped on the map. I haven't played Warzone and don't know if those are there, so I'm speaking only about Guerilla Warfare mode. You'll see them in random locations. They'll be on your radar as a yellow dot, and you'll also see it on your screen with a yellow icon and how far it is away. You activate it, which takes you a couple seconds and leaves you vulnerable, and it gives you a special Van-Guard ability that is time-limited. May give you a shield, or a cloak, or a little robot that will scan the environment and show you where enemies are. Stuff like that. You activate that ability with an icon on the touchscreen. It is VERY cool.

wilflare

played a bit of it. i'm really bad at this (turning is pretty slow/bad)
but the game sure looks pretty, plays well. but can't help but feel that there's some aspect of Gameloft in it (think iOS Modern Combat/Warfare)

anyone got a spare one for Agent White?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Van-Guards are dropped on the map. I haven't played Warzone and don't know if those are there, so I'm speaking only about Guerilla Warfare mode. You'll see them in random locations. They'll be on your radar as a yellow dot, and you'll also see it on your screen with a yellow icon and how far it is away. You activate it, which takes you a couple seconds and leaves you vulnerable, and it gives you a special Van-Guard ability that is time-limited. May give you a shield, or a cloak, or a little robot that will scan the environment and show you where enemies are. Stuff like that. It is VERY cool.

Ah, nice. Thanks for the info. It is in Warzone mode as well since that is all I have played. Admittedly most of my kills are gained from people standing around one of those things. Told you I'm not very good. :)

murgo

Keep at it. We need as many Vitabros playing it as possible to get matches together. The game is so good.

Oh man, wish I could play. Guess I'll grab the game at launch. I'm still looking for Vitabros to play with. My PSN is murgolicious. Every new VitaFriend is appreciated!

SmokyDave

Can't someone set up a Killzone Beta Impressions thread so that the rest of us losers can just wallow in our misery and talk about Shinobido?

VanWinkle

Has anyone tried gyro aiming yet?

Yeah, it comes in handy at times. As a multiplayer game, I don't find it AS useful as in Uncharted: GA, BUT it's still nice to have there.

I just played a game in which I got 1 kill and 5 deaths. >.>

BUT. BUT. You got a kill.

Oh man, wish I could play. Guess I'll grab the game at launch. I'm still looking for Vitabros to play with. My PSN is murgolicious. Every new VitaFriend is appreciated!

Cool. I'll add you if I remember.

Can't someone set up a Killzone Beta Impressions thread so that the rest of us losers can just wallow in our misery and talk about Shinobido?

I don't even know if we're supposed to be talking about it anywhere. I tried going into the beta forum and it said I don't have permission to go there. :/

Shoyz

I think the touchscreen QTEs for melee attacks is absolute crap. Got 'swipe up' twice, swiped up immediately, neither worked. I hate touch control.
Gyro control is disappointing..maxed both of them but left/right is a lot less sensitive than up/down, it does little more than cause my aim to jitter when not using it. Wish it was as good as Gravity Rush's.

Pretty sure Valors are your card (like dogtags) and Vanguards are capturable yellow indicated poles. Not sure what they do, maybe drop bombs, but when I got it enemies had red cursors over them and it asked me to tap them.
I leveled up and got a Six of Diamonds card. Valor is now a smiley.

About how awesome it is, and it is a great game? Not to mention it being a launch title, and it being the closest Tenchu game we will get for a while?

OOoooo ooo or it's branching story path, and alchemy system?! I'm in! I love me some Shinobido.

I think the touchscreen QTEs for melee attacks is absolute crap. Got 'swipe up' twice, swiped up immediately, neither worked. I hate touch control.
Were you doing the melee or was someone else meleeing you? I think if someone else is doing it to you, you get the chance to swipe up to counter if you're quicker than them. I've managed to counter once (you just knock them back and stun them).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So when Vikings Attack is pretty fun. Kinda disappointing how much everyone online seems to suck at such a simple game though. Still, at least this gives me the illusion that I'm actually good at something. Good for my self esteem. I pretty much never lose in multiplayer matches. Please pay attention to this post and stop reminding me I'm not in the KZ beta.

WILL SUCK CODES FOR COCK

tiddles

A question for people playing KZM Beta. I have played a few matches but have been unable to figure out the hacking minigame. Anybody know how it works?

Match two symbols from the sides that make up the combined symbol in the middle. To do it, you need to tap a symbol from the side, tap the symbol in the middle, tap the second symbol from the side, and tap the middle again. You can move again at this point, but you have to not die for a second or so to get the hack.

Shoyz

Were you doing the melee or was someone else meleeing you? I think if someone else is doing it to you, you get the chance to swipe up to counter if you're quicker than them. I've managed to counter once (you just knock them back and stun them).

Someone else, I hate it. As do I hate trying to navigate the shop. Light flicks just bounce back to the same item I'm on, harder flicks fly me through four items. I really hope they patch in complete button control.

Add in button control for spawning, main menu, shopping, etc. /ESPECIALLY/ QTEs.
Upgrade gyroscope aiming
Disable spawns with any enemies close by, spawn you not facing away from the closest enemy (do not get killed at spawn, do not get shot in the back after spawning, do not spawn right behind enemy)
Allow player to back out of match before loading the next one (when match ends)

then it'll be more fun

btkadams

Actually Muramasa appears to be one of those few games that saves directly on the game card (only other I know of is Touch My Katamari).

But to answer Gala's question, no don't worry about it, retail games always work regardless of your PSN account region. Only downside is no DLC (and in cases where online requires an online pass, no online for you).

so, if you imported a retail copy of a game from a foreign region, you can't use your own region's dlc for it? or were you just referring to the foreign-exclusive dlc?

VanWinkle

9412082528_b01027088b_c.jpg

9409315531_9e980a46a8_c.jpg

9412082314_b26cd32be9_c.jpg

Dem graphics.

Someone else, I hate it. As do I hate trying to navigate the shop. Light flicks just bounce back to the same item I'm on, harder flicks fly me through four items. I really hope they patch in complete button control.

Add in button control for spawning, main menu, shopping, etc. /ESPECIALLY/ QTEs.
Upgrade gyroscope aiming
Disable spawns with any enemies close by, spawn you not facing away from the closest enemy (do not get killed at spawn, do not get shot in the back after spawning, do not spawn right behind enemy)
Allow player to back out of match before loading the next one (when match ends)

then it'll be more fun

I think you're dreaming on the QTEs becoming non-swipe.
The rest seem like things they're purposefully having a beta to get feedback on. :p

antibolo

Banned
so, if you imported a retail copy of a game from a foreign region, you can't use your own region's dlc for it? or were you just referring to the foreign-exclusive dlc?

DLC can only be applied to a game from the same region. As far as the Playstation Store is concerned, the same game from two different regions is a different game because the product code is different. Since the Vita can only access a single account at a time (and therefore a single region), when a retail game from a different region than your PSN account looks for DLC, any attempt will fail because the wrong Playstation Store will answer the query, and it won't have that product code in its database.

Sol1dus

SO I wandered off to the Dragon's Crown Thread... I think I'm just going to stay here and look and you guys have fun with the beta.

Is there a pink PS Vita? In an Anime there was one, but I only know of pink PSPs

60 is smooth not 30.

Pretty sure he means with no drops in frames.

SO I wandered off to the Dragon's Crown Thread... I think I'm just going to stay here and look and you guys have fun with the beta.

Pretty sure he means with no drops in frames.

hahah was it painful hearing about VC knowing you cant play or was it an annoying thread??

Just got stuck in a 3 v 2 Killzone game where the other team stuck together and the one dude on my team completely sucked. Can more people play the beta please?

A few people seemed to join them quit/disconnect right away.

Shoyz

I think you're dreaming on the QTEs becoming non-swipe.
The rest seem like things they're purposefully having a beta to get feedback on. :p

Maybe if they were back touch pad swipes? I hate touch controls interrupting button-based gameplay because I have to completely change my holding orientation.

Just got home from work. Jumping into the beta now! Wish me luck vitabros ;)

Which game mode do you like better? Warzone or Mercenary Warfare?

Just got home from work. Jumping into the beta now! Wish me luck vitabros ;)

Which game mode do you like better? Warzone or Mercenary Warfare?
Warzone.

Warzone is classic Killzone team-based multiplayer with objectives that cycle throughout the match. Mercenary Warfare is just free-for-all I think.

Top Bottom