• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS IV: A wild German appears! +50 DMG to thread privileges

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
PS4s are still on track for the EB event in Aussie aren't they?

That post is written by a guy that identifies himself as "generyx (spam@fuckyou.de)" and wonders why he can't find further information about his rumor on the internet. That must be some reliable first-class source he has.

I find his username too close for comfort. It's so close it is ery. :p

MMaRsu

Banned
Electronic Arts: 20 August 2013, 16 clock, Location: Palladium
Sony: 20 August 2013, 19 clock, City: State House
Microsoft: 20 August 2013, time unknown, Location: The New Yorker
Blizzard: 21 August 2013, 11:30 clock, Location: at the fair

Soooo good. Only one week left for next gen goodness

Rapstah

Krilekk maybe it's the plugs!! They've got different plugs in Europe. Probably can't plug the PS4s in. It's definitely an issue with the electricity conversion. It's a fact that Sony will have problems with the plugs at the Gamescom trade show.

Maybe they arrived to a booth full of SCART-only monitors and are scrambling for a solution.

jond76

Banned
I guess if "Xbox comes with batteries" can stay open as long as it did (twice), then why not this one!?! Lol. This place is ridiculous lately.

Love how the OP posted this and just ran and disappeared. Probably one of the worst "rumor" threads we have seen here in a while. Throw in the OPs Post History and you just shake your head.

"Sony informed retailers (they would tell retailers their PS4 wouldn't be playable after it was playable all over E3?lol)" and "there will be 100 X1 demo stations (why not just make it 1,000?)."

Atolm

With this and the RAM-Gate scandal failure lately I'm detecting lots of FUD towards the PS4...or maybe I'm just too paranoid :p

So apparently (two sources so far, one from an employee of Germany's largest electronics retailer) Sony has informed retailers that PS4 won't be playable at GC, it won't even be shown outside the business center. X1 on the other hand is fully playable with 100 demostations. What does this mean? PS4 delay incoming?

http://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=message&brdid=1&msgid=3300745

Says: "Seems about right, no PS4 at GC, internal source" and he later clarifies that they were informed via telephone conference about the situation.

so did the OP ever mentioned who the 2nd source for the story is?

I have it on good authority that this rumor is true. However, it goes even further. Sony's cancelling the PS4 and currently shopping for buyers. MS is currently the lead bidder as it recently acquired a lot of cash assets from its acquisition of Nintendo.

MS plans to announce the acquisitions at TGS where it will reinstate its no used games policy on X1.

With this and the RAM-Gate scandal failure lately I'm detecting lots of FUD towards the PS4...or maybe I'm just too paranoid :p

And prior to that it was: Xbox will get all them exclusives (Mirror's Edge 2, BF4...)

I'm already expecting a "PS4 launch consoles dying like flies - RROD 2.0? PS4pocalypse??" thread close after launch.

;)

Castcoder

Banned
PS4 consoles were playable at Comic Con. How does this even give you a clue that there will be a delay, just because they're not playable at Gamescon? What if they need some kind of regulations in Germany settled still?

Castef

Banned
For the first time GAF disappoints . I expected some amazing gifs.

Mee too. :(

Instead, what we have is a single picture of Sony's PS4 stand, ready for the show. :(

pedestal.jpg

How do we know it wasn't true? Out of curiosity?

Logic. There will be PS4s at some silly EB Games event in Australia, so why wouldn't there be PS4s at Gamescom? Not to mention that there is literally no reason not to have PS4s there since they had games working on dev kits for E3.

Top Bottom