• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Nelson

Neo Member
Let's thrown some juicy questions in there:

1) The UI video that leaked today -- when do we get to see the real thing?

2) Why have we not seen a blog post from you like the one from the beginning of the current generation, where you compared the specs of the PS3 and 360?

1) In a few weeks. I want to do a proper walk through w/ Albert.

2) I was thinking the same thing - I need to work on something like that. Thanks for the reminder.

When do we get to start asking questions?

Dibs on "How easy was it to flip the switch to turn off the DRM for Xbox One?"

lol-duck.gif

Pain

Banned
Major when are we getting a walk through of the XB1s OS?
(Also what do you think about the Xbone nickname?)

mishakoz

Admittedly, i am an xbox fan but have never really been a fan of the way they communicate things...

This guy... the candidness, is a definite step up. im impressed.

Dragon

Banned
We should ask him questions he'd be willing to answer.

Like: what's the thing you're excited about with this coming gen?

hawk2025

2) I was thinking the same thing - I need to work on something like that. Thanks for the reminder.

:O

Thanks for the answers! Very much looking forward to seeing a lot more of the UI before trying it for myself.

FINALBOSS

Banned

Oh god what a read that will be.

If you ever do it (which you won't) I'll frame it on my wall next to Misterxmedia's conspiracy theories.

molnizzle

Larry: How was it that MS was taken so much by surprise with the whole 24-hour authentication/used games backlash? It seemed so... obvious, to most of us.

Serious question.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nope. Not my style. Plenty of people in the industry do but I don't think that's a look for me.

That bear rug looking thing you had on your head during the infamous Reddit interview.

I think that's your look. You should stick with that.

Gaz_RB

Man I love that you're actually replying, Major. Keep it up, this is how you get GAF folks to like you ;) It's all downhill from there!

How did you become a Major?

And why can't you remove a credit card from an XBL profile? Why do you have to call in to customer service?

nib95

Banned
cboat has been wrong many times

Many is going a bit far. He's still been right 9/10 times or more.

That particular leak nearly decade ago about the 360, dual layer dvd, how much was reserved for games, the VM9 media, optional HDDVD etc, was just....flawless...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Probably the Xbox 360 since I joined the team before the launch, therefore I was more directly involved with the planning (features etc.) of that console / Xbox Live.

You and me, we ain't cool.

(Can you PLEASE push for Phantom Dust to come to PC if you/MS aren't ever going to do anything but sit on the IP? Please? Just give it to the Panzer Dragoon creator so he can do the sequel he wanted to do already)

X-box 180/OG X-box was and still is the best from 6th Gen.

AzBat

I wanna know why Xbox 360 users can only communicate with Xbox One users only using text messages? Why was the Xbox 360 Skype app canned?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Larry,

Some people criticized you for backing away from your original plans for Xbox One saying you guys were onto a good idea that was ruined by people on Internet forums like NeoGAF. Obviously, you guys felt good about your original plans. At what point was the decision made to make changes?

Major Nelson

Neo Member
Are you still heavily involved in planning, or do you mostly deal with the community these days?

Not as involved as I was - due to the fact the team was a lot smaller back when we launched the Xbox 360. That said, I spent a lot of time with Xbox One and write up feedback / suggestions for the dev's/PM's on a regular basis.

Usually I spent an hour or two in the evening at home on my Xbox One checking out the latest build. If I am not on Xbox 360, then I am usually on Xbox One. Or now....'Gaf.

Barzul

Hey Major, what launch game(s) for the Xbox 1 are you most excited about? I'm picking up Ryse, FIFA 14 and Watchdogs myself.

hawk2025

Not as involved as I was - due to the fact the team was a lot smaller back when we launched the Xbox 360. That said, I spent a lot of time with Xbox One and write up feedback / suggestions for the dev's/PM's on a regular basis.

Usually I spent an hour or two in the evening at home on my Xbox One checking out the latest build. If I am not on Xbox 360, then I am usually on Xbox One. Or now....'Gaf.

I wish I could be on my Xbox One right now :(

So... the kid that leaked that video, that wasn't yours, right? :p

K' Dash

hey Larry, what are the 2 lauch games I must buy with my XB1? something that makes me say: "damn, this is next gen"

I won't buy one, just curious, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom