• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 05:50 PM)
Its a game, not a movie pitch. Oops.

"Jurassic World" pitch/concept footage here! (non direct, shaky cam)
Re-upped.

----

So, yesterday Jurassic Park 4 was retitled Jurassic World. That led people to notice a post at Rebelscum from back in July mentioning seeing footage he believed to be JP4 at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2:

At CE2 today Iain Mcaig & Pablo Hidalgo introduced a video teaser clip of what was called "Jurassic World"
I'm not sure what type of dinosaur it was but think it was a pterodactyl?
The clip starts with the pterodactyl landing on a beach hut and crushing it, then launching itself high into the sky, circling and swooping & screeching.
Next the camera pans back to the beach where people are bathing & surfing, the camera zooms in close on a huge wave with a surfer riding the tube, then the pterodactyl comes flying through the wave and flys off with the surfer in its jaws.
Looked amazing!

Then, the video was uploaded onto youtube, and the uploader shared this info:

All I can say is this video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool!

---

Last edited by Demoncarnotaur; 09-16-2013 at 03:37 AM.
OnPoint
(09-11-2013, 05:51 PM)
You might say
That dinosaur games
Are going

Extinct
Last edited by OnPoint; 09-11-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Not Spaceghost
Spaceghost
(09-11-2013, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by OnPoint

You might say
That dinosaur games
Are going

Extinct

But we just got Carnivores HD yesterday!
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(09-11-2013, 05:54 PM)
Chuckled at the pterodactyl swooping in on the surfer. We need a gif of that.
(09-11-2013, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Spaceghost

But we just got Carnivores HD yesterday!

Life finds a way

Joico
(09-11-2013, 05:57 PM)

Originally Posted by OnPoint

You might say
That dinosaur games
Are going

Extinct

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Jawmuncher
Banned
Hmm guess this is out first peak at what the movie might be offering. Since the names can't be coincidental. Regardless sucks the game was canned. Though i wouldn't be surprised if we still see something closer to the movies release. Probably a digital download game.
Zoon
That's not a pterodactyl...
But it's dinosaurs, everyone loves dinosaurs
Wag
This was game footage? It looked like all CG cutscene. Still it was well done. Would have liked to see the dino chomp down on the surfer dude though.:)
GaussTek
(09-11-2013, 06:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

Chuckled at the pterodactyl swooping in on the surfer. We need a gif of that.

(shitty attempt)
LastNac
(09-11-2013, 06:02 PM)
Rebelscum mentioned on Neogaf. Never thought I would see the day.
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 06:10 PM)
Uh, maybe this isn't a game but in fact a pitch for JP4. lol

Youtube uploader:

"All I can say is this video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool! "
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 07:01 PM)
So, this apparently isn't a game but rather test footage for JP4.

If a mod could move this to Off Topic and rename it as "Apparent JURASSIC WORLD (JP4) pitch/concept/proof footage leaks" it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by Demoncarnotaur; 09-11-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 07:37 PM)
I'm gonna bump this since it sunk back off the front page when it was moved. Apologies for the three posts in a row.
EmCeeGramr
If ghosts needed to breathe, dead people would use up all the air and we'd suffocate
(09-11-2013, 07:40 PM)
i'm assuming that's Quetzalcoatlus since it's the most well known azdharchid, but the proportions seem funny (neck too short, head too small, maybe?) and the beak seems wrong

there's no hair on it either

edit: also boooo feather mohawks
Anticitizen One
Banned
(09-11-2013, 07:40 PM)
Demon was this thread really necessary? :) We don't even know what the footage was for yet. It looks too low budget to have anything to do with the new movie like something a student made. Pterandons eating surfer dudes is not my idea of a good JP movie anyway so Im really hoping its something else.
Anticitizen One
Banned
(09-11-2013, 07:41 PM)

Originally Posted by EmCeeGramr

i'm assuming that's Quetzalcoatlus since it's the most well known azdharchid, but the proportions seem funny (neck too short, head too small, maybe?) and the beak seems wrong

there's no hair on it either

edit: also boooo feather mohawks

Its supposed to be the Pteranodons from JP 3 I think
Goldrush
(09-11-2013, 07:45 PM)
So I guess the pitch of a successful Jurassic Park that actually made it to opening day was abandon.
IdreamofHIME
(09-11-2013, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by GaussTek

(shitty attempt)

Jumping the dinosaur.
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Anticitizen One

Demon was this thread really necessary? :) We don't even know what the footage was for yet. It looks too low budget to have anything to do with the new movie like something a student made. Pterandons eating surfer dudes is not my idea of a good JP movie anyway so Im really hoping its something else.

Its legit, and has been confirmed by a few sources.

Originally Posted by Goldrush

So I guess the pitch of a successful Jurassic Park that actually made it to opening day was abandon.

Nope, that story is still on. This is likely illustrating what happens within the park, or perhaps outside of it once things go to hell.
Byakuya769
Santa is Black
Jesus is too
I'll be goddamned
If I buy a WiiU
(09-11-2013, 07:53 PM)

Its supposed to be the Pteranodons from JP 3 I think

No. Emceegamer is right.

I know it's for a movie but really stupid to have something that size flying like that and being an active predator of creatures 150lbs+.
Toa TAK
(09-11-2013, 08:00 PM)
Who's the chick in the logo?
SephCast
(09-11-2013, 08:03 PM)
Is there really anyone at all hyped for this movie?
peaceiscloser
(09-11-2013, 08:08 PM)
That was kinda embarrassingly cheesy.
Cow Mengde
(09-11-2013, 08:09 PM)
It's actually a pitch for a cancelled Jurassic Park game or something. Plus, we know it can't be from the new JP movie because the Pterosaur had feather like filaments on its body.
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 08:10 PM)

Originally Posted by SephCast

Originally Posted by Cow Mengde

It's actually a pitch for a cancelled Jurassic Park game or something.

Thats how I first reported it, on the gaming side.. That said, further bits of info have come out which negate that.
Anton Sugar
(09-11-2013, 08:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Cow Mengde

It's actually a pitch for a cancelled Jurassic Park game or something. Plus, we know it can't be from the new JP movie because the Pterosaur had feather like filaments on its body.

Yeah, looks like the raptor(?) in the end logo has feathers, as well?
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Anton Sugar

Yeah, looks like the raptor(?) in the end logo has feathers, as well?

I'd imagine the logo was thrown together in a hurry by an outside source, its not going to be indicative of the final designs. Especially since its a pitch trailer that was shown to Kathleen Kennedy who has been off the project due to Star Wars for about a year.
strafer
(09-11-2013, 11:11 PM)
its not a pitch trailer
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(09-11-2013, 11:12 PM)
SyFy quality
Protein
(09-11-2013, 11:13 PM)
This better be the theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9AVTlvbhKM
Himynameischris
(09-11-2013, 11:15 PM)
I thought the logo was a T-rex holding a serving tray with tea or something.....
Anticitizen One
Banned
(09-11-2013, 11:17 PM)
I'm sorry but I refuse to believe this has anything to do with JW (which was going under the name JP IV at the time).

I think this is just a student project that was worked on at Stan Winston Studios. The Jurassic World logo looks nothing like the real logo (which was shown when it was still called JP IV) and JW the name is nothing new it was used as the title of Michael Chricton compilation of the books and several fanfics
Verendus
(09-11-2013, 11:18 PM)
I'm still upset they delayed the next JP another year. Bunch of clowns.
fallengorn
Bitches love smiley faces
(09-11-2013, 11:20 PM)
So the next Jurassic Park is basically a Dinosaurs Attack! movie?

I'm okay with that.
SuicidalSteve
(09-11-2013, 11:22 PM)

Originally Posted by GaussTek

(shitty attempt)

reminds me of those shark films with poor cgi
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by strafer

its not a pitch trailer

Its real.

Originally Posted by SuicidalSteve

reminds me of those shark films with poor cgi

This wasn't meant for our eyes. This was meant to supplement a script/story pitch to Universal execs, basically its the sugar coating for those who need a little more help when it comes to picturing things. This doesn't represent a scene from the film, nor the designs or the CG..rather just something to set the tone.. the feel. Basically, instead of turning it in with just a story and art, they brought a short segment of the art to life.

Anyways, the script/story has seen heavy rewrites since this pitch.
Last edited by Demoncarnotaur; 09-11-2013 at 11:43 PM.
SolidusDave
(09-11-2013, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

This doesn't represent a scene from the film, nor the designs or the CG..rather just something to set the tone.. the feel.

So they want(ed) Piranha3D with dinosaurs as the tone?
Anton Sugar
(09-11-2013, 11:53 PM)
Yeah, regardless of whether or not this is an actual JP4 pitch trailer, some people here don't understand what pitch/proof-of-concept trailers are supposed to look like (i.e., rough). Half of the Looper pitch/POC trailer were still images from other movies (thought it was on Youtube, guess not).
Demoncarnotaur
(09-11-2013, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by SolidusDave

So they want(ed) Piranha3D with dinosaurs as the tone?

A bunch of early JP4 scripts opened with a Pteranodon attack, this is likely emulating that. This would be before a director was attached, so the effects study handled the trailer. Its not directed by Universal/Colin Trevorrow or anything else. Just a small trailer thrown together by an outside company to help pitch an idea.. and idea that wasn't fully embraced and has seen heavy rewrites, yet still shares the same name.
FantasticMrFoxdie
(09-11-2013, 11:57 PM)

Well I was
Anticitizen One
Banned
(09-12-2013, 12:42 AM)
The thing that still makes me think this is bogus is that they didn't even come up with the Jurassic World title until very recently after the movie was put on hold. Prior to that it was officialy called JP 4.
Demoncarnotaur
(09-12-2013, 12:49 AM)

The thing that still makes me think this is bogus is that they didn't even come up with the Jurassic World title until very recently after the movie was put on hold. Prior to that it was officialy called JP 4.

This name has been around for a while now, it was only made public recently. Its been on record for ages that the final name wouldn't be "Jurassic Park 4", but rather have a standalone sounding name. Its also very possible that while "Jurassic World" has been the leading name for a while they hadn't fully decided on what to call it.
ProfessorLobo
(09-12-2013, 12:51 AM)

I was until I saw a fucking surfer eaten by a Quetzalcoatlus or whatever the hell that thing is.
OgTheClever
(09-12-2013, 01:19 AM)
The animation looks horrible, way too cartoony. Do not want.
G-Fex
G for Gothic Lolita
(09-12-2013, 01:23 AM)
Does this mean that SyFy bases itself primarily on concept videos that never make it into movies?

THATS GOLD
Cartman86
(09-12-2013, 01:24 AM)
Man I can't imagine being the people who are making this movie seeing people think this is somehow indicative of anything beyond the idea. People love being able to see things early, but they can't manage to understand context, or apparently read.

Anyways I would have preferred a new park instead of the end of the Lost World across the planet. Who knows if this concept is accurate to the current project though. Probably is.
Anticitizen One
Banned
(09-12-2013, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Zoon

That's not a pterodactyl...
But it's dinosaurs, everyone loves dinosaurs

Pterosaurs aren't Dinosaurs brah brah
antonz
(09-12-2013, 01:26 AM)

Originally Posted by OgTheClever

The animation looks horrible, way too cartoony. Do not want.

It was a concept pitch not actual movie.

That said based on what's been said of Jurassic Park 4 the concept the pitch was going for is apparently no longer valid unless they ditched the new park thing and went back to a world getting used to dinosaurs around thing
Busty
when Jesus ain't watching Kinect will watch over you
(09-12-2013, 01:37 AM)
I fail to see how this pitches anything at all. Flying Dinosaur swoops down and carries off a surfer? How exactly is this a pitch for a movie?! A weird pseudo sequel to Sharknado? It suggests nothing about a new take on the property unless the take is the continuation of the epic struggle between winged dinosaur and surfer.

Seems to me that it's more a VFX reel that doubles as a 'this could be a thing' pitch that just happens to share the title that Universal choose for their new JP production.

If this is genuinely something Universal were looking at it doesn't fill me with confidence for the actual film..., not that the total clusterfuck of a production it originally was going to be before the studio delayed it inspired much confidence either.
Last edited by Busty; 09-12-2013 at 01:39 AM.