• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TitanFall footage

Sethos

Banned
Man that looks annoying, can already imagine me playing that with the vein in my forehead ready to burst when tons of little kids are buzzing around at warp speed above my head 180* no-scoping me.

Looks decidedly cross gen.

EDIT:

I like you avatar Sethos, glad it's not just me who's still representing RTD, although yours is way nicer looking.

ILoveBish

It looks amazing, so fun. Unfortunate that its online only. I have never payed for a online only game, and i dont think titanfall will be the one that breaks that trend.

Demon Ice

Banned
Man that looks annoying, can already imagine me playing that with the vein in my forehead ready to burst when tons of little kids are buzzing around at warp speed above my head 180* no-scoping me.

Didn't you get the memo? Methodical shooting with ADS is "bad gameplay."

Man, not to beat on a dead horse but, i see nothing in this game that warrants the (fake?) hype surrounding it, certainly not on a technical level... i don't see anything that's not doable on current gen.

ramb0211

Banned
Man, not to beat on a dead horse but, i see nothing in this game that warrants the (fake?) hype surrounding it, certainly not on a technical level... i don't see anything that's not doable on current gen.

Protip: It's not getting hype because of graphics, and 99.9% of people who play games prefer good gameplay over good graphics.

Anonumos

Banned
OMG GUYS YOU HAVE SEEN IT

I HAVE SEEN IT

HAVE YOU SEEN IT

SEE IT

FUCKING SEE IT MOTHERFUCKER HAVE YOU SEEN IT

SEE IT BITCH!

SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

faweldfajhfgkl;ahrleau

EDIT: game looks awesome

UNCMark

Banned

Describing the hype for this as fake is just completely ignorant. How do you ignore not just the awards but the comments of actual gamers that have played it? I remember when gamers used to play games because they were fun. Not because they had the most pixels. Holy shit.

I have to agree. I mean they're probably doing some cool stuff behind the scenes, but the game's presentation isn't blowing my mind. And I want to be blown away by this, it has a great Warhawk feel to it, in a way.

Kyoufu

That's because it's on a current gen console.

It's the gameplay that is getting people excited. Looks like the evolution of CoD to me.

K.Sabot

It looks kickass but there's no way it will play out like that scripted playthrough unless you are some sort of CoD god playing against a full team of people who haven't played a shooter in 5 years.

My prediction:

"oh cool story in a multiplayer game"

*match starts*

*turn corner, kill a guy and be killed by another guy*

repeat this x 100 over the span of 20 minutes.

Hurf

Neo Member
One of only two FPS I'm looking forward to; I hope it's not infested with asinine unlock grinds or cash shop bullshit.

99.9% of people who play games prefer good gameplay over good graphics.

Well if that's so... i guess they should stick with current gen then?, for me the thrill of getting a new system is to have a graphical enhancement over the previous system, i don't really care for "gameplay" advancements. And even if i did, whatever it is (gameplay wise) that TF is doing on the gameplay front is lost on me. All i see is the exterior... superfluous?... maybe so... but similar to whenever you go on a date, you look at the exterior appearance first, and don't really bother with the "nicety" of the person's innards (i said @ first before you guys send me to the stake).

It looks kickass but there's no way it will play out like that scripted playthrough unless you are some sort of CoD god playing against a full team of people who haven't played a shooter in 5 years.

My prediction:

"oh cool story in a multiplayer game"

*match starts*

*turn corner kill a guy and be killed by another guy*

repeat this x 100 over the span of 20 minutes.
Yeah, the actual game will be very stop start unless you are a god, or playing against much worse players.

antitrop

Describing the hype for this as fake is just completely ignorant. How do you ignore not just the awards but the comments of actual gamers that have played it? I remember when gamers used to play games because they were fun. Not because they had the most pixels. Holy shit.

Not to mention this is the next big multiplayer shooter from the people who really made Call of Duty 4.

This is Infinity Ward's next game. That means something. It's not fake hype. It's the true successor to the most seminal game of the generation.

Chaostar

I'm still seeing the illegitimate lovechild of COD and Starhawk.

I'm probably not doing it any justice though, I'll reserve judgement until I play it for myself. Just not feeling the crazy hype :(

ghst

thanks for the laugh
That's because it's on a current gen console.

It's the gameplay that is getting people excited. Looks like the evolution of CoD to me.

it's something people are going to get used to with the first couple of waves of games on these new consoles. they don't really have the raw muscle to push out in every direction at the same time. if you want a game with a grand scope, complex systems and 60fps, it's going to look like an upressed thisgen game.

planetside 2 will be the real bellwether. i expect 30fps.

Naminator

Banned

Must have something to do with that thing I keep hearing about called "gameplay".
Don't know what it is though, I tried searching on Google but couldn't find anything.

I just wish that someone would confirm to me if it's 1080p or 720p so I would know how to feel about this game.

Sentenza

Just a minor detail, but I must say I absolutely love how they modeled the HUD when you're piloting a titan.
It actually gives the feeling of being in a cabin while leaving your view as free as possible.

Gorillaz

Some of this looks familiar, also I like there community manager Abby. Feels good to see Community Managers have some sort of personality

Top Bottom