• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imageepoch, the savior of JRPGs, brings acclaimed hentai JRPG Toushin Toshi to 3DS

duckroll

After their success with the lewd Criminal Girls series, Imageepoch has decided to follow their heart, and they are developing a remake of Alicesoft's critically acclaimed hentai JRPG Toushin Toshin II for the 3DS. It will be released as just "Toushin Toshi" on Jan 30 2014 for 6279yen. Alicesoft is supervising the remake as well.

Soriku

Company needs to stop shaming itself and work on Arc Rise Fantasia 2. But get XSeed to localize it this time...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Keep trying, Imageepoch. You'll get there.

I don't have enough laughing smilies for this occasion.

Company needs to stop shaming itself and work on Arc Rise Fantasia 2. But get XSeed to localize it this time...
No, they probably shouldn't be trusted with an ARF2 anymore.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Imageeepoch never disappoints.

They already set the bar that low.

xnUT3HF.gif

Yes. Yes to all of this.

They made Criminal Girls too? Jeez Imageepoch, you want to try and raising the bar instead of limboing under it?

I can not wait to use this game as a counter example when people complain that companies keep localizing crap and not Imageeepoch games.

qq more

Imageepoch?! You mean the company that brought us the super fantastic Time & Eternity aka Schala and Ryouga's GOTY 2013?!

edit: omfg that timing

duckroll

Remember when Imageepoch was just... ok? 7th Dragon, Last Ranker, and Arc Rise Fantasia...

I remember the promises and the potential. I actually played through and finished both 7th Dragon and Last Ranker! Good games. T_T

Hopefully Niinou is doing good stuff for FFXIV fans now, and I hope he's happier too. :(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Sol Trigger is the biggest piece of shit I ever played. Highly recommended.

Silky

Banned
I remember the promises and the potential. I actually played through and finished both 7th Dragon and Last Ranker! Good games. T_T

Hopefully Niinou is doing good stuff for FFXIV fans now, and I hope he's happier too. :(

Wasn't 7th Dragon that rumored game in that SEGA teaser?

Kagami

OG erogamer reporting for roll call.

iDuiHonrYD30W.jpg

Like it says in the thread title, it was pretty acclaimed at the time.
I'm not as big a fan of it as some people, but it's a solid RPG.
With the sex scenes eliminated, though, I wonder what they'll do with
the final boss power-up trap. I guess maybe they can still tease something to achieve the same effect on the player's curiosity.

(

Shhh... just got to sleep. Close your eyes and just go to sleep. T_T

Game is a remake of this I guess.

ToushinToshi_04_05.jpg

ToushinToshi_01_03.jpg

Those might be from sequels though. No clue.

If the game was legit good back in the day (ero or not), Imageepoch will probably make it ungood.

That's right. I made a word to describe an Imageepoch game.

Ungood.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I'd hope so, especially after his health crisis. Even if he's not directing anything (which is a shame since he did some good work with EO, LR, and 7D), I hope some of that filters out into FF14 (he was the quest team lead in addition to being the asst. director, right?).

God, I remember looking at Final Promise Story and thinking it looked neat, and then people said it was garbage. Wasted potential.

Wasn't 7th Dragon that rumored game in that SEGA teaser?
It was published by Sega in Japan.

Imageepoch?! You mean the company that brought us the super fantastic Time & Eternity aka Schala and Ryouga's GOTY 2013?!
I don't remember that. Sit down and behave like a good kid.

Another scan is out, it actually shows just a two page promo art (it's hard to describe... it's a woman wrapped in red ribbon and curled up, I don't know if I'd class it as NSFW or not). Art/promo pics are allowed IIRC here.

It has their trademark jRPG logo, and I wonder if the Sol Trigger artist is on this? Same team even?

Also a reminder Image Epoch is also working on SoniPro 3DS.

Remember they promised a 3DS SRPG for 2012? We never saw that, and I kinda doubt this it. Maybe it was Luminous Arc 4 and MAQL put it on hold (for whatever reason). Only thing I can think of.

Edit: Potential website:

http://tst.jrpg.jp/

Part of the last bit was caught in the reflective light, but since Sol Trigger is http://sol.jrpg.jp/ I think it's the one.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Another scan is out, it actually shows just a two page promo art (it's hard to describe... it's a woman wrapped in red ribbon and curled up, I don't know if I'd class it as NSFW or not). Art/promo pics are allowed IIRC here.

It has their trademark jRPG logo, and I wonder if the Sol Trigger artist is on this? Same team even?

Also a reminder Image Epoch is also working on SoniPro 3DS.

Remember they promised a 3DS SRPG for 2012? We never saw that, and I kinda doubt this it. Maybe it was Luminous Arc 4 and MAQL put it on hold (for whatever reason). Only thing I can think of.
Hrmm weird, I was assuming they'd use AliceSoft's artist.

Also, the logo says Girls Gift RPG. I can crop it and post it if allowed?

Edit: DP...

And the copyright is naturally Alicesoft and beside it Alicesoft/imageepoch/(something in Japanese).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
A not-anymore-Hentai RPG sounds weird.

Videoneon

I just learned about Toushin Toshi and Sengoku Rance. It was just this strange mix of finding it hilarious and being creeped out, finding it strange.

So....I'm assuming this'll get localized.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looking at the ad and some concept art for Rance 9 I'm going to say AliceSoft's artist is working on this and not the Sol Trigger guy.

Top Bottom