• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Kinect settings revealed

DeltaJay

Banned
Not to be too much OT, but these Kinect settings are interesting. Full credits to Sikamikanico. More of this and impressions here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87454303&postcount=501

WP_20131025_035.jpg

Riggs

Banned
MEDICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

*looks to right because sister is screaming*

*get's shot in left side of head*

Does yelling medic just trigger the game to play the medic soundbit? or does it broadcast your actual yell to the players

JaggedSac

Hmm, headtracking on a tv never seems useful. Leaning might be neat though. Voice commands while playing multiplayer could get annoying to hear over a headset.

Woorloog

Banned
What about PS Camera? Does it enable same/similar functions? Aside from voice commands, which shouldn't require anything special as the DS4 has a microphone...

Gaz_RB

Head tracking and free look? If that is what I think it is and it works, this could get me to warm up to Kinect.

Orayn

What about PS Camera? Does it enable same/similar functions? Aside from voice commands, which shouldn't require anything special as the DS4 has a microphone...

DICE mentioned that they were experimenting with using the DS4's gyroscope for lean on, so I'd assume it's included that way if not through the new PSEye.

This photo looks familiar.

For those interested, check here for my full impressions.

I didn't actually get a chance to try these out, but they look pretty interesting.

Gestault

I played a decent amount (though admittedly only a fraction of my overall time) of Forza 4 using a wheel and headtracking on the original Kinect. It worked perfectly for my physical setup, and did add something to that style of play. I'd like to know how it "feels" in a proper setup with Battlefield 4 with the newer Kinect.

DeltaJay

Banned
This is great. I use TrackIR extensively on the PC for flight simulator games and FPS's like ArmA, so I'm already used to my head/body movements when playing. What this really needs is something (a button press on the control preferably) to turn this on and off on the fly.

I'd seriously be too embarrassed to use this Kinect stuff around my friends or family.

Imagine my wife walking past me and seeing me leaning from side to side standing in the middle of the room holding a controller screaming for a MEDIC or MORE AMMO.

Gaz_RB

I'd seriously be too embarrassed to use this Kinect stuff around my friends or family.

Imagine my wife walking past me and seeing me leaning from side to side standing in the middle of the room holding a controller screaming for a MEDIC or MORE AMMO.

Lol forreal? My girlfriend would just laugh at me. Wouldn't be embarrassed though.

Then again I do this anyway while playing online without kinect

what would happen?

derFeef

So playing shootygames is not embarrasing, but talking and playing shootygame is?

gAg CruSh3r

Embrace it; don't fight it.

I don't get the voice commands. yelling "Medic!" call for a medic using the in-game voice? does this seem redundant to anyone else?

Gestault

I don't get the voice commands. yelling "Medic!" call for a medic using the in-game voice? does this seem redundant to anyone else?

Redundant in what way? Imagine in multi-player, if you were assault class and were really low on health, you could just say "medic" or "flag medic" and an icon would show up over your head for other players (presumably medics) indicating that you wanted a heal. I mean you could do this with a few button presses, but saying it sort of seems like less effort.

Yep this, my wife and kids were run for the hills if I was moving around the room like I am on a boat while yelling " medic " etc in obligatory Arnie impression!! ( actually sounds quite fun now I think of it!!!)

Head tracking and free look? If that is what I think it is and it works, this could get me to warm up to Kinect.

how does head tracking work with the TV being in a stationary position?

Redundant in what way? Imagine in multi-player, if you were assault class and were really low health, you could just say "medic" or "flag medic" and an icon would show up over your head for other players (presumably medics) indicating that you wanted a heal. I mean you could do this with a d-pad menu or something, but saying it sort of seems like less effort.

isn't this already done automatically in BF3? I guess the other commands would be helpful like ammo, and vehicle requests. but they're still done with the back/select button on BF3

FeiRR

Banned

I was once gaming with a window wide open in summer and there were some people standing downstairs at the shop that is there. After a very fierce round of Seiene Crossing which we won by 5 or so tickets, I shouted to my friends online "That will teach them, those [swear word]!" Suddenly I realized somebody was clapping. It was the people at the shop. I felt very embarassed...

On topic though, I think looking around will work only in vehicles, mostly choppers and jets. It can be a cool feature if made well. Looking around while running would be difficult.

Redundant in what way? Imagine in multi-player, if you were assault class and were really low health, you could just say "medic" or "flag medic" and an icon would show up over your head for other players (presumably medics) indicating that you wanted a heal. I mean you could do this with a d-pad menu or something, but saying it sort of seems like less effort.
Actually assault class IS a medic. Anyway, this is done by pressing SELECT (it's context sensitive) in BF3 and R2 with a selection of options in BF4. Voice commands are neat but only for people who don't want to talk online. If you talk to people, it's quite pointless.

Top Bottom