• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's quite the troll too lol:

Dn69eTi.png

This Conrad fellow seems to like trolling MS on twitter a whole lot.

daninthemix

Current gen consoles currently run COD at 600p. I can't believe you people aren't happy with a whopping 20% increase for the trifling sum of 500 smackers.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I get the feeling he's just repeating the same shit everyone else has already said. In which case this entire thread exists to simply regurgitate the exact same stuff we've heard for a week now.

I'm glad you're here dousing the flames for MS, as per usual.
If there really is a resolution gap like this on the two biggest games of the entire year, then that's certainly worth discussing.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I get the feeling he's just repeating the same shit everyone else has already said. In which case this entire thread exists to simply regurgitate the exact same stuff we've heard for a week now.
That's what I'm thinking too.

ENJOY THE RIDE

Edit: I rescind that. This guy sounds like a major asshole and he shouldn't get hits from us. I'm sorry I clicked!

DukeBobby

Exactly. This guy hasn't confirmed anything, and I don't think we should be giving him credit for doing so.

It really makes me wonder what technical fellows at Microsoft thought 32mb of esRAM was gonna be enough.

There is chatter that many hardware decisions were interfered with by execs. File this under rumor and not fact... but the way this thing is unfolding it doesn't seem far fetched.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Surely I can't be the only one here to remember just quite how much of a pro-Microsoft blowhard Manabyte was here back during the early 360 days can I?

How times have changed.

There is chatter that many hardware decisions were interfered with by execs. File this under rumor and not fact... but the way this thing is unfolding it doesn't seem far fetched.

Yep, I remember hearing reports that the tug-of-war over the project inside MS is gonna make amazing reading once someone does a Takahashi over the whole ordeal.

eso76

"9 minutes new footage killzone SF !" 10 pages in 2 days
"New Forza direct feed !" 5 pages in 3 days
"Half life 3 announced ! Is the best game ever !" 15 pages in 24 hours

"Xbox one game 720p !" 100 pages in 5 hours.

Kydd BlaZe

must admit it's made me think too but then I realised if res was an issue i'd stick to my pc so i'm going for the games.

but if it#s a big issue for people on a big telly I can see the concern.

I also have a beefy gaming rig, and after playing 360/PS3 games almost exclusively for nearly 8 years and finally discovering 1080p on the PC...it's almost impossible to look back. I would stick to PC gaming, but I prefer my online shooters on console because I suck ass with a kb&m as opposed to a controller.

With all of that said though, I'll definitely still pick up an Xbox One for Titanfall and Halo 5 next year. I'm just a little bummed out with all of this 720p business.

No Love

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNZ7gFKQFs

AI really dont see what the big deal is!

when I put that vid @ 1080p and watch it on my 40'' 1080p TV, it looks practically identical. With only only slightly more aliasing on the 720p version

360 vs ps3 games had bigger differences.

There must be some better native 1080p video on the internet showing the difference between 720p and 1080p, I would really appreciate if someone could post some links for such comparisons.

Yeah dude, you can really tell with that horrible diarrhea compression Youtube video.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

For everything else, there's mastercard.

=p

MormaPope

Banned
If this was information that didn't have to be leaked, I would honestly not look at Microsoft in as negative of a light. Realistically, resolutions aren't actually too big of an issue to mainstream. I'm just concerned at how much they are trying to hide. Transparency is key. They just look like they have their pants down in these situations.

Resolutions are just a start though, once developers start getting savvy with PS4 optimization, effects and performance will get better. If they're struggling with Xbone architecture, those advancements made on PS4 will be lessened or nullified when a developer ports their game to the Xbone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNZ7gFKQFs

AI really dont see what the big deal is!

when I put that vid @ 1080p and watch it on my 40'' 1080p TV, it looks practically identical. With only only slightly more aliasing on the 720p version

360 vs ps3 games had bigger differences.

There must be some better native 1080p video on the internet showing the difference between 720p and 1080p, I would really appreciate if someone could post some links for such comparisons.

Please be joking, please be joking, please be joking.

If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

I'm going right back in that shelter and welding it shut.

Oh common... that's not fair.

ethomaz

Banned

Sad but this a war... WAR.

Cess007

Definitely some NDA shit. Sony doesn't throw a fit if something gets leaked. Remember E3 2009?

I mean, of course there's some serious NDA stuff there, they can't go and confirm/deny anything by themself without breaking it. But i thought at least they would mention the rumor, i mean... they readers/consumers most probably care about it, right?

Jabba

Banned
People should at LEAST listen when Cboat says something. You don't have take it as scripture but keep in mind what Cboat says is very within the realm of possibility when talking Microsoft.

I tend to believe Cbout when he says something about X1 pos/neg. If you can believe or entertain other sources like Mr Xmedia, Dig Foundry, A. Gies, why not Cboat?

Bish, how was the food in the shelter? Did you get to try the potted meat?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

I'm going right back in that shelter and welding it shut.

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn

This thread's going on fire. Nuclear fire, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom