- Go here to check compatibility with your browser
This should prove useful in the coming weeks and years to come
GUI based version is available here
- Set delay to 3000 msec
- Untick lossy
1. Photo Editing program (Irfanview, Photoshop, etc.)
2. APNG Assembler
3. High quality/not overly compressed screen captures (Gamersyde, Digital Foundry (sometimes), etc.)
- If you're sourcing images from imgur, they're likely compressed to hell and not of much use.
Step 1: Download screens
- You can figure this out.
Step 2: Convert screens to PNG format
- Start Batch Conversion (if you wish, you can do it one by one by selecting File>Save As>PNG)
- Add desired screens, and save as PNG
- Click Start Batch
Step 3: Animate!
- Extract apngasm.zip to your desktop
- Create a new text file
- Rename the file to apng.bat (yes, extension as well)
- You should now have this:
- Right click on apng.bat > Edit
- Paste the following (this will switch between images at a 3 second interval)
apngasm output.png screen*.png 30 10
- Save the file. Close it.
- Click on apng.bat
- Upload to minus.com (chrome plugin apparently has issues with other hosts)
Results (no dithered 256 color gif comparisons any more!)
tldr: save screens as .PNG, run .bat file.