• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 12/06/07 - Bowling, Wild Arms PS1, GTA4 trailer, MGS4 TGS trailer, themes

Chris_C said:
Go to the PSP section of us.playstation.com and navigate to sysstem update, follow the instructions to update via PC.

<3 seriously thanks everyone, major help, majorly appreciated.

Beats is definitely worth your 5 bucks. The game doesn't always match up the buttons with beats...but when it does (Sia's "Breathe Me" was nearly perfect throughout and parts of the theme for Metal Gear Solid 2 stood out), it's fantastic :D

karasu

I've installed Mainichi Isshio but I can't get past this black screen with a gray clock on it. What gives?

RedBoot

Did Wild Arms disappear from the store (at least the PC version of the store)? It's not there anymore for me, although it's still in my download list and my download of it is still going.

I hope there wasn't some sort of error with it, this download is taking long enough as it is and I don't want to have to redo it.

Zoe

RedBoot said:
Did Wild Arms disappear from the store (at least the PC version of the store)? It's not there anymore for me, although it's still in my download list and my download of it is still going.

I hope there wasn't some sort of error with it, this download is taking long enough as it is and I don't want to have to redo it.

That's how all purchased downloads are.

M3wThr33

Banned
RedBoot said:

Purchases ALWAYS disappear from the store. Even related ones.
(IE: Buying a Rock Band Song pack removes the pack AND individual songs)

cjdunn

Bought:
Folklore bundle
Spyro (old, I know)
Black Sabbath Pack
Falfer Domino (Motorstorm)

The Ratchet theme icons are great.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SO WTF the Bowling game supports CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS and no one told me?!?!

It works awesomely and uses the XMB interface!

DeadGzuz

Banned
In case it wasn't posted in here somewhere, IGN's bowling review (was up a few days ago):

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/836/836584p1.html

Though High Velocity Bowling is a little short on overall content (and no, offering to let us buy more characters isn't really what we had in mind), it's a fun little game to fire up and play with friends. Sure, the basic idea is similar to stuff on other consoles, but the execution is definitely unique enough that both games can happily co-exist.

7.5/10 Good

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
TTP said:

what what whaaaaaaaaat?

Can you stream songs from your computer as well, or only songs off of your PS3's hard drive?

RedBoot

M3wThr33 said:
Purchases ALWAYS disappear from the store. Even related ones.
(IE: Buying a Rock Band Song pack removes the pack AND individual songs)

Wow. That's...bizarre.

Nice to know there aren't any problems, though.

Obaid

Banned
TTP said:

and the time shift demo let you go to your friend list, right and get messages and stuff. Damn they need to make it standard.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TONX said:
what what whaaaaaaaaat?

Can you stream songs from your computer as well, or only songs off of your PS3's hard drive?

Nope. Just from the HDD. Playlist dont show up either.

Some pics
8gemfqu.jpg

72sxylj.jpg

6yfj5a8.jpg

rc213

Obaid said:
and the time shift demo let you go to your friend list, right and get messages and stuff. Damn they need to make it standard.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Zoe

karasu said:
Unfortunately, the same thing keeps happening.

Check your time settings. You need to make sure the time, your timezone, and Daylight Savings are all correct.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
pleaseeeee let Burnout/Wipeout HD have the custom soundtrack option.

dralla

why is the album art not showing? Is it a memory issue or have you just not selected one?

and how is the game? how does the motion controller feel

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
EktorPR said:
How is it, TTP? Gameplay impressions, please!!

oh looks really good! Sensor works great and is very accurate. Rumble supported as well :D

Too bad no online play :/

Plenty of leaderboards tho.

kassatsu

Banned
Obaid said:
And Infinity Ward can't do this shit for COD4...

Elios83

It's interesting to note that games are starting to feature XMB access.
I've read that both Singstar and Timeshift have in-game friend list access and now this bowling game has in-game access to the music folder.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dralla said:
why is the album art not showing? Is it a memory issue or have you just not selected one?

and how is the game? how does the motion controller feel
I believe this feature, as well as the in-game XMB messaging, takes some extra memory allocation - on top of what XMB already takes up, and is a sub-set of full XMB feature. Yeah, doesn't make much sense, but last I've read that was the case. It was from Ozymandias' blog though, so knows if he got that right.

If that's really true, don't expect either to show up in too many games unless there's some OS rewrite that will make this a non-issue.

Chris_C said:
Go to the PSP section of us.playstation.com and navigate to sysstem update, follow the instructions to update via PC.

I had to do this as well, why isn't the link inside the store as well... or even tell me where to get it? It just says "you need to update, fuck off".

Speevy

Banned
Elios83 said:
It's interesting to note that games are starting to feature XMB access.
I've read that both Singstar and Timeshift have in-game friend list access and now this bowling game has in-game access to the music folder.

That's terrible, because it suggests the developers took the time to implement these things for their individual game, meaning Sony is going to waste more time not forcing it into all games.

Elios83

Marconelly said:
I believe this feature, as well as the in-game XMB messaging, takes some extra memory allocation - on top of what XMB already takes up, and is a sub-set of full XMB feature. Yeah, doesn't make much sense, but last I've read that was the case. It was from Ozymandias' blog though, so knows if he got that right.

If that's really true, don't expect either to show up in too many games unless there's some OS rewrite that will make this a non-issue.

That's what they're currently working on if I'm not mistaking, otherwise we would have our XMB in-game access supported in the firmware as a standard.

Elios83

Speevy said:
That's terrible, because it suggests the developers took the time to implement these things for their individual game, meaning Sony is going to waste more time not forcing it into all games.

Read Marconelly's post, it's a different thing, developers are indeed in a position to implement these things by themselves using part of their memory budget (if they think these features are worth it in their particular game) but Sony is working to integrate these things as a standard in the XMB, and that has been confirmed just last week ;)

Elios83

Marconelly said:
Has it really? Where?

Peter Dille last week:

"As far as in-game XMB access, we know it’s a feature that’s important to our consumers. Because PS3 packs so much advanced technology ‘under the hood’, it takes some time to implement major, new functionalities, but we are working hard on addressing this feature, as well as continually expanding the capabilities and functionalities of PS3."

JB1981

my favorite thing about the update is the ratchet theme!

love the custom sounds and icons.

keep 'em comin' sony

mgs 4 continues to look fucking weird image-quality wise

compression, shitty lighting and an overall mushy, ugly look. what is going on with this game? why is it being presented so shittily?

tanod

when is my burrito
Enk said:
Ah dammit. I wish I left town a day later so I could have Wild Arms to play on the flight. It's been awhile since I've played the original and this would've been a good excuse to play it again. No hurry up and release Beyond the Beyond! :p

You could have left the PS3 in remote play and logged in and downloaded it at some random Starbucks or airport wifi spot.

Speevy

Banned
JB1981 said:
my favorite thing about the update is the ratchet theme!

love the custom sounds and icons.

keep 'em comin' sony

mgs 4 continues to look fucking weird image-quality wise

compression, shitty lighting and an overall mushy, ugly look. what is going on with this game? why is it being presented so shittily?

Did you just use Metal Gear Solid 4 and "shitty lighting" in the same sentence?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:

Because it's so awesome if they show it properly people would force themselves into cryogenic sleep untill its release, therefore wont be buying new games till then and industry would crash again.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bowling impressions!

My friend was over while we tried out bowling. He's a really good bowler in real life...he can curve those balls and make them go where he needs to. I'm more of a "aim for the center, then throw as hard as possible" guy.

The way you bow is incredibly intuitive...it's the best control scheme I've ever seen. The way you hold the Sixaxis (sidways with a firm grip) and the backswing-to-front throw feels so right. It's excellent.

He blew me away the first round, though he was slow to start up. Then once he got used to the game he was curving and bowling strikes like crazy. He says the physics are dead-on accurate, and the controls oh so smooth.

I'm starting to learn how to bowl "properly" though the game doesn't teach you very much. The challenges are very hard for non-pro bowlers like myself, and it's gonna take a lot of work to get past the first few levels.

The custom tracks work great, and the graphics are nice. You can't scroll through badges/trophies unless you've earned them, which I don't like.

Other than that though, this game was definitely worth the dough. It controls like a dream (you need to stand and get physically involved for the best results), custom music is great, and the challenges are indeed very challenging. Awesome stuff.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DantesWrath said:
What's the deal with themes having "multiple wallpapers"? How do you select a different one?

u dont. They change automatically every time u turn on the system or switch users.

JB1981

TTP said:
Because it's so awesome if they show it properly people would force themselves into cryogenic sleep untill its release, therefore wont be buying new games till then and industry would crash again.
let's hope so, 'cause i don't know what's going on with this game but the image quality is horrendous. i hope it's just an encoding issue.

Top Bottom