• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
She's gorgeous but I don't know this walking skeleton physically makes as Wonder Woman.
krWivHM.jpg

does Wonder Woman have anorexia?

please shut up

Film's gonna be a train wreck irrespective of whoever is cast as Wonder Woman, at least I get to stare at someone hot while rating it a 2/5 on my letterboxd

:lol :lol

You could just not see it Wilbur. Blink twice if someone is forcing you to go see this garbage

bishopp35

Right now, Snyder should just cast Louis CK as The Flash, because if we're going to get a mess at least it should be an entertaining one.

EulaCapra

Uh... fuck no.

The looks don't bother me, but Youtube interview videos of her speaking English. She better have a dialect coach because Diana/Wonder Woman does not need to be struggling speaking English with a thick European accent.

anaron

Not that Marvel even gives or fuck or feels threatened and whatnot but I hope this is the final "push" towards making the Ms.Marvel film happen.

jett

D-Member
Miss Anorexia here is gonna have to be forcefed a few hamburgers, it seems. Meh choice. I wonder what's going on with the movie though, seems like it's gonna get crazy. Maybe they'll do a 180 on MoS's tone.

Including Wonder Woman in this movie with zero context or setting up for movie audiences is a terrible, terrible idea.

No matter, though, because they could have sold it with a good actress who looks the part in the role!

...Aah.

Also, nail in the coffin for a Wonder Woman solo movie ever happening. You think Gadot's going to be headlining a big-budget Hollywood movie? Pfff.

that's... that's not exactly the best comparison, considering no-one normally looks like slim

also it's not like Bale was the most spot-on Bruce Wayne either, it's just no-one cared because it was Christian fucking Bale and it was fucking Nolan behind the camera

Gal Godot doesn't have the "amazing actress" card to play nor a good director/writer to negate her probably dodgy WW

well, yeah, no shit

meanwhile Marvel is making mad money off of their scarily spot-on Marvel casting

I think WW presents more difficulty because there are no amazon body builder actresses, most leading ladies are pretty petite in Hollywood and as shallow as it is, you do have to deal with things like "how hot is she?" because let's be honest, these movies are aimed at predominately young male audience. I don't care for the casting either, I just don't think there was a perfect choice out there. It's a lot harder than finding a handsome, fit actor to play your typical male superhero.

Wilbur

Banned
Including Wonder Woman in this movie with zero context or setting up for movie audiences is a terrible, terrible idea.

No matter, though, because they could have sold it with a good actress who looks the part in the role!

...Aah.

Presumably they'd want to gauge reaction before doing a standalone Wonder Woman film, but they'll naturally have to make it an origin film so it'll be a prequel to Batman v Superman and everyone will be real fucking confused

dc please just stop making films

gazele

Banned
In an alternate universe Joss Whedon made a billion dollar grossing Justice League movie.

After Avengers 3 makes 3 billion and the DC comics cinematic universe is in tatters, WB will offer Whedon 500 million dollars to lead a complete reboot of all DC properties, it will be referred to as a JJ

She could fit very nicely in Avengers 3/GotW 2.
Carol Danvers was
one of the fighter jet pilots in 'Thor: The Dark World' who flies through the space/time distortion portals and ends up on the Kree homeworld.
Not really, of course, but it's something I thought about when I saw that scene.

If theres one thing i'm NOT worried about, its probably Snyder handling Wonder Woman. Faora had a pretty decent build in MOS, the armor was awesome and her fight scenes definitely made her feel like a badass. I hope he keeps the armour in line.

DieH@rd

Banned
I would have chosen Jamie Alexander.... but hey, at least WB is trying to make something out of WW.

Man of Steel was great, cant wait for sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom