• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS2 is completely unsuited to a console. The game itself is amazing.... When your sitting in TS with 20 clan mates playing as an outfit who in turn are working together with other outfits.

Solo or in pick up squads it's a horrible experience , has a relatively steep learning curve and pretty much sucks. It's grindy as hell unless you are throwing money at it and the gun unlocks are largely side grades that are worse than the starter guns.

I've hundreds of hours( and pound) invested in the PC version , PS2 is really gonna struggle on PS4 without the small and large scale organisation that makes PS2 great.

I loved the original PlanetSide, and reading these posts made me remember that PlanetSide 2 was coming to the PS4 which is why I commented on it. I just did a search to see what the state of the game was, and I was disappointed to say the least. I can't believe that they added grinding to the game to the point where players feel the need to farm.

I think PlanetSide could have been a killer app on the console but it looks like everything that made PlanetSide unique was removed. I admit that PlanetSide is better in a clan, but I was able to have a lot of fun in the original game when I played solo. The need for specialization and support roles, and the fact that you had a definitive objective, capturing a base/continent, that could be achieved meant that you could work with other players and feel like you made a difference even if you were not grouped with them.

I don't play the current game so I could be wrong, but it seems like the strategic and supportive elements have been greatly diminished. From what I understand it is one huge team death match, with sides taking turns capturing bases with no real consequences.

So yea I think PlanetSide will fail on the PS4, just not for the reasons you stated. I think it is simply not a very good game, and what it sets out to do has already been done better in Battlefield 4.

FACE

Banned
Higher res swamp:

ijGEaKWwWxEfd.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I see, they still haven't changed his god awful armor. This is the thing that bugs me about this game, it just looks so stupid.

You're in luck then, because several games will have 15 minutes gameplay demos.

I think we have already seen over an hour of Titan Fall footage....

Witcher 3 and QB would be awesome though. W3 would almost be enough, but it will be a bit junk for me if they don't show any surprises from Sony. And not from Infamous. Very hyped for that game but it is coming soon and is not enough.

BlazinAm

i love that people think the titanfall hype is manufactured. hilarious.
The E3 reaction a genuinely positive one but it was a great showing in a overwhelmingly mundane press conference. Since then EA and Microsoft have treated the game like it has "arrived". Also there has been a lot of talk around exclusivity of the title help push it into a higher echelon.
He refers to the audience that randomly waves around while a dude plays some nice slow guitar music:

2222sofgf.gif
When was this?
You're in luck then, because several games will have 15 minutes gameplay demos.
15 minute demos, that sounds too good to be true.
Could you imagine a batman beyond game ?!!

Brooding Batman is too popular unfortunately.

ReaperXL7

I really hope people are not getting their hopes too high for this thing. Geoff is a master of over hype, and its basically been confirmed that most of what we will see are games we have known about for awhile.

Density, Witcher, The Division all look great so far so I am excited to see those, but I am not expecting any major new announcements. Sony will want to wait until they can have PS4s on shelves to buy for the average consumer before they start building hype again. Microsoft already has Quantum there so maybe one new announcement, or gameplay from the Blacktusk game.

Third parties we may get some cool stuff, but with Fallout/Mass Effect/etc confirmed a no show its looking more, and more that this is going to be lackluster for "new" games announcments.

I still want to see a legit gameplay trailer for Rime personally.

I really hope people are not getting their hopes too high for this thing. Geoff is a master of over hype, and its basically been confirmed that most of what we will see are games we have known about for awhile.

Density, Witcher, The Division all look great so far so I am excited to see those, but I am not expecting any major new announcements. Sony will want to wait until they can have PS4s on shelves to buy for the average consumer before they start building hype again. Microsoft already has Quantum there so maybe one new announcement, or gameplay from the Blacktusk game.

Third parties we may get some cool stuff, but with Fallout/Mass Effect/etc confirmed a no show its looking more, and more that this is going to be lackluster for "new" games announcments.

I still want to see a legit gameplay trailer for Rime personally.

When was Mass Effect confirmed to not be there?

I'm debating whether to even watch it this year, none of the games have me interested and a 3 hour event is way too long.

I'm in the same boat in terms of lack of interest in the announced games. The Witcher 3 is the only one that I care about seeing right now. I guess there's still hope for some interesting unannounced titles (hopefully Nintendo's showing is about DKC). But since this isn't on TV it'll make it easier to just watch college football during the uninteresting parts.

Dusky

There's usually a teaser and MS tend to make a big deal. I could be wrong and MS are just keeping it secret.

I wouldn't be so sure, a lot of stuff is being kept under wraps for VGX. The only reason I can see Halo not being there is because they want to get Titanfall out of the door first.

Some people have speculated that Titanfall may come with a Halo beta so maybe that's all they'll show regarding Halo, but I'm optimistic that they'll at least give us some sort of trailer for Halo.

As for Sony, I'm sure we'll see UC4 and something from The Order. My initial hopes to see SSM's new IP are now gone.

I wonder if Sony aren't willing to show anything from SSM until Destiny has released. If the rumours are true that SSM is making an open-world sci-fi title then it's quite possible we won't see anything until E3 2014.

Derrick01

Banned
New witcher 3 stuff? I'm there. Hopefully Rocksteady's there too.

Then hopefully BF4 will have been patched into playability by March.

I was playing it quite a bit on PS4 last night, was surprised by how perfect it performed. Is it still completely borked on PC?

Sotha_Sil

Very interested in The Witcher 3 and Quantum Break.

At this point, I have very low expectations from Sony. I've learned it's the best way to go into these things.

SJRB

Gold Member
"@geoffkeighley: @Aussie_Legend We were hoping to show you The Order but the footage isn't ready."

What a joke.

Well that's just great. What the fuck.

[Guess Cliffy has this timeslot now]

edit: I can't find that tweet anywhere. Source?

SoyTits

Banned
Isn't it sad that what I'm most curious about in regards to QB and Division in particular is how bad they'll look now?

Sigh.

New witcher 3 stuff? I'm there. Hopefully Rocksteady's there too.

I was playing it quite a bit on PS4 last night, was surprised by how perfect it performed. Is it still completely borked on PC?

Really? I had 3 errors in the 1.5 hours I played with 3 friends. Once while checking the friends battlelog, the other two while playing Conquest.

Edit; 4 times! Once while playing Obliteration mode.

A Bioware writer on Twitter said there wouldn't be anything new for ME for a while.
Bioware devs have said something wasn't true or going to happen on their official forums quite a few times when they end up happening shortly after (seen it myself). I don't take that as confirmation of anything lol.

Bsigg12

This will be streamable on PS4 right? Through the sony live events viewer?

No. If the Twitch site works on the PS4 browser, use that.

So I've boiled it down to one thing that I want: a Titanfall beta starting hopefully in January. Everything else is just bonus at that point if Respawn announces that.

Linkhero1

Fuck. The Witcher 3 looks amazing. Should I play The Witcher 2? I was turned off by it's length but fuck me if the third game doesn't look amazing.

SoyTits

Banned
Neogaf does that to people....you are already dead.

No, I think Publishers do that to people.

But hell, it nothing new.

I watched the E3 pre-360 PS3 and man, some of those demos they showed off looked nothing like the games we played.

Anywhoo, I just have to remember its too early in the generation to be disappointed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
No footage of The Order is a bummer. Hopefully Sony and RAD just put the footage out there instead of waiting for the next meaningless gaming event.

GSR

A Bioware writer on Twitter said there wouldn't be anything new for ME for a while.

Bioware devs have said something wasn't true or going to happen on their official forums quite a few times when they end up happening shortly after (seen it myself). I don't take that as confirmation of anything lol.

My mind says I should be realistic and stick with Bisnic, but man if I don't want to see something from the next ME besides tiny, off-screen concept art. I miss that universe.

I seem to recall Bioware explicitly teasing a VGA showing back in 2010 when they revealed ME3, though.

ReaperXL7

"@geoffkeighley: @Aussie_Legend We were hoping to show you The Order but the footage isn't ready."

What a joke.

So basically Sonys got nothing. I guess most of their big exclusives for next year will be indie developed games like Rime, and Rapture.

As it stands its looking like all we are going to get from WWS in 2014 is Infamous, Drive Club, and maybe The Order, but if they still dont even have gameplay footage to show for it I have doubts it will release next year.

I guess its to be expected as most of them are wrapping up PS3 development, but it would be nice to have gotten some fresh exciting announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom