• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

KennyLinder
(01-14-2014, 12:47 AM)
Currently going back through TLoU again (Survivor NG+) and I love it so much, such an awesome game. I will buy the shit out of the single player DLC. And the PS4 version too, its coming right, right? :)
Superflat
(01-14-2014, 01:01 AM)
Never bought DLC on my PS3. But this will make me break that streak.

After reading the comics, I guessed this was the direction they would go, and I'm excited as hell. The different perspective and the lack of Joel means there's going to be completely new environments, unique npc interactions, and different approaches/flow to combat and gameplay. I really hope there's a glimpse into actual school life in a quarantine zone and things that they showed in the comics. Couldn't be more excited.
kpaadet
(01-14-2014, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

I'm expecting it to be around 5 hours long, maybe a little longer. The full game was 15h, so I don't see the DLC being that long.

They also had ~3 years to create 15h worth of content, yes making stuff like DLC should be faster as they know the engine even better now and might reuse old/unused art etc. But I think that you will be disapointed if you really expect it to be around 5 hours long.
Sothpaw
Banned
(01-14-2014, 01:22 AM)
Trying to think of something more annoying than two teenage girls...nope can't do it.

Edit: Ok country music but that's it.

Edit 2: This is a facetious post.
Last edited by Sothpaw; 01-14-2014 at 03:19 AM.
Vire
DancingJesus
(01-14-2014, 02:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Sothpaw

Trying to think of something more annoying than two teenage girls...nope can't do it.

People like you are the reason we continue to only get bald space marine games. God forbid we have different types of protagonists.
Wotanik
Banned
(01-14-2014, 02:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Vire

People like you are the reason we continue to only get bald space marine games. God forbid we have different types of protagonists.

True that. I hate all those hollywood-american stereotypes, be it in movies or in games. I have no connection with that shit.
RELIGHT
Banned
(01-14-2014, 02:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Sothpaw

Um....huh?
Sothpaw
Banned
(01-14-2014, 03:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Vire

Ah I was just messing around guys. There is a stereotype that teenage girls, when they get together, are the most annoying entity on earth.
Buckethead
(01-14-2014, 03:21 AM)
Girl's face looks too old for her body.

It's weird.
LeeRoyBrown
(01-14-2014, 05:24 AM)
Something felt off here, the voices were far too mature for the characters.

I'm still very interested.
Aurongel
(01-14-2014, 05:34 AM)

Originally Posted by LeeRoyBrown

Something felt off here, the voices were far too mature for the characters.

Very true, playing the main game and comparing the voices of both Ellie and Sarah is like night and day.
Strike
(01-14-2014, 06:29 AM)
Just platinumed the game a few days ago. I'm down for this whenever it releases.
ZanDatsu
(01-14-2014, 12:13 PM)
When it says it requires the disc, does that mean it won't work with the digital download version?
Frumix
Suffering From Success
(01-14-2014, 12:22 PM)

Originally Posted by ZanDatsu

When it says it requires the disc, does that mean it won't work with the digital download version?

It will. What it means is that it's not a separate application but something you boot up from the main game and under its license.
Mondy
Banned
(01-14-2014, 12:27 PM)

Originally Posted by kurbaan

15 is very expensive.

We don't even know how long it is.
Notor!ousG
(01-14-2014, 12:36 PM)
I'm very excited about this and it will be the first DLC I buy.

Do you think there's a possibility they will surprise us with a glimpse of what happens after the main story?

You know, will Ellie ever find out that Joel lied?
I'm still not sure if I'd like that. Some part of the magic of the game is that you can make you're own story at the end of what happens next...
Maragidyne
(01-14-2014, 12:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Notor!ousG

You know, will Ellie ever find out that Joel lied?.

This takes place before the events of the main game, so no. Besides, Ellie already knows that Joel lied to her. The core of her "okay" isn't that she doesn't know whether he's lying, it's that she accepts Joel's lie.
LittleToaster
(01-15-2014, 09:10 AM)
Is this new?
The PS3 store ad for Left Behind claims a release date of February 14, a Friday.

The date on the listing for Left Behind also changed from March 31 to February 14.
Vire
DancingJesus
(01-15-2014, 09:12 AM)
Nice find, let the countdown begin!
pharmboy044
(01-15-2014, 09:13 AM)

Originally Posted by LittleToaster

Is this new?
The PS3 store ad for Left Behind claims a release date of February 14, a Friday.

The date on the listing for Left Behind also changed from March 31 to February 14.

Oh wow that is new. It used to say March 31, 2014 before. Hopefully that date is real.

Edit: Is info thread worthy?
panty
(01-15-2014, 09:16 AM)
Riley looks like an adult shrunk down to a kid's size.

Not exactly sure how I like it.

Originally Posted by Buckethead

Girl's face looks too old for her body.

It's weird.

YES, exactly
Last edited by panty; 01-15-2014 at 09:19 AM.
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(01-15-2014, 09:17 AM)

Originally Posted by kerotan_eater

Oddly, Neil Druckmann has said on Twitter we should be playing the main game before playing Left Behind. Maybe .... there is some content in the DLC set chronologically after The Last of Us?

maybe not. More likely they are simply assuming knowledge of what happens in the main game, and referencing those in the prequel.

played and loved TLoU, but traded in now. I'd rather not rebuy for this but it is tempting. Come on PS4 version (but doesn't ND working on this DLC reduce the likelihood of a PS4 port soon?)
Last edited by mrklaw; 01-15-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Maxxan
(01-15-2014, 09:22 AM)

Originally Posted by pharmboy044

Oh wow that is new. It used to say March 31, 2014 before. Hopefully that date is real.

Edit: Is info thread worthy?

Awesome, seems legit =) In my humble opinion, this is very thread worthy.
Dragon1893
(01-15-2014, 09:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Maragidyne

This takes place before the events of the main game, so no. Besides, Ellie already knows that Joel lied to her. The core of her "okay" isn't that she doesn't know whether he's lying, it's that she accepts Joel's lie.

Amazing how many people fail to realize this, that's what makes the ending so great.
brickarts295
(01-15-2014, 09:33 AM)

Is this new?

Valentines Day and a Friday, well lucky for me I dont have to spend it with a loved one... because I'm single.
bombshell
(01-15-2014, 09:55 AM)

Originally Posted by mrklaw

maybe not. More likely they are simply assuming knowledge of what happens in the main game, and referencing those in the prequel.

played and loved TLoU, but traded in now. I'd rather not rebuy for this but it is tempting. Come on PS4 version (but doesn't ND working on this DLC reduce the likelihood of a PS4 port soon?)

Not necessarily.

As with (all?) the HD collections, it's probably going to be outsourced if they do decide to make it for PS4. Naughty Dog didn't make Jak & Daxter HD collection either.
TheSpaceBetween
(01-15-2014, 10:01 AM)
Wasn't the biggest fan of TLOU, but this looks like it could be interesting. No Joel is definitely a good thing. If there is enough content to justify the price I might check it out.
pharmboy044
(01-15-2014, 10:03 AM)
Hopefully you don't mind LittleToaster. I created a thread for the release date.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=751847
LittleToaster
(01-15-2014, 10:09 AM)
I don't mind at all. I'm still junior, so I couldn't post one anyway. :/

Wario64 posted a clearer image on GameTrailers.

Wait, holy crap, I'm not junior anymore!
Last edited by LittleToaster; 01-15-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Not junior!
Devilinthiscity
(01-15-2014, 10:20 AM)
One month away is good news! Have they mentioned how long the DLC is going to be? My guess is 2-3 hours.
Cyberia
(01-15-2014, 11:38 PM)

Will there be all new music for this? I loved the main gameís soundtrack. Gustavo Santaolalla is so freaking good!

+ Eric Monacelli on January 13th, 2014 at 3:44 pm said:
There is new music happening yes! Itís equally incredible.

Whatís the estimated play time for this DLC? Iím wondering how many hours Iíll get out of this.
Can I still buy the season pass? I donít see it in the store but Iím gonna start searching again.

+ Eric Monacelli on January 13th, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:
The estimated play time varies from player to player but itís a good chunk of time.
The season pass is still available globally. Check the PS Store in your region.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...n-left-behind/
Melchiah
(01-16-2014, 12:00 AM)

Is this new?

Just saw this on FB as well.

February is going to be one hell of a month with this and Outlast.
viveks86
(01-16-2014, 12:48 AM)

Ellie returns as new light is shed on her relationship with Riley, her best friend from the military boarding school they both grew up in. After inexplicably disappearing for weeks, Riley reemerges in Ellieís life with a surprising revelation. The two sneak out of their school for the last time, leading to a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

Naughty Dog continues to explore the themes of survival, loyalty, and love in their first ever single player DLC with The Last of Us: Left Behind.

http://www.thelastofus.playstation.com/left-behind.html
Jachaos
(01-16-2014, 12:52 AM)

Originally Posted by viveks86

http://www.thelastofus.playstation.com/left-behind.html

Ellie returns as new light is shed on her relationship with Riley, her best friend from the military boarding school they both grew up in. After inexplicably disappearing for weeks, Riley reemerges in Ellieís life with a surprising revelation. The two sneak out of their school for the last time, leading to a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

Naughty Dog continues to explore the themes of survival, loyalty, and love in their first ever single player DLC with The Last of Us: Left Behind.

I know most implying a possible relation between Valentine's Day release date and the relationship between the two were only half-serious, but this is getting really intriguing.
quetz67
Banned
(01-16-2014, 03:14 PM)
So can I play this before TLOU or will it give something away and is meant to be played afterwards?
stryke
(01-16-2014, 03:24 PM)

Originally Posted by quetz67

So can I play this before TLOU or will it give something away and is meant to be played afterwards?

Play TLOU first.
Radec
(01-16-2014, 03:27 PM)
Are there any bonuses from the Season Pass aside from Multiplayer dlcs and this "Left Behind"?

Its just $5 more but I don't play TLoU Multiplayer so it defeats the purpose. lol
stryke
(01-16-2014, 03:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Radec

Are there any bonuses from the Season Pass aside from Multiplayer dlcs and this "Left Behind"?

Its just $5 more but I don't play TLoU Multiplayer so it defeats the purpose. lol

Making-of documentary.
Bundy
Banned
(01-16-2014, 03:32 PM)

Play TLOU first!!!!
EL CUCO
(01-16-2014, 03:38 PM)
I wonder if there will be more story DLC? Debating if I should get the season pass. I love the game but my extensive backlog doesn't allow me to have time for any MP on it. :(
pharmboy044
(01-16-2014, 03:46 PM)

Originally Posted by EL CUCO

I wonder if there will be more story DLC? Debating if I should get the season pass. I love the game but my extensive backlog doesn't allow me to have time for any MP on it. :(

I don't think there will be anymore single player DLC after this. They probably want to start on their next project.
Juan29.zapata
(01-16-2014, 04:06 PM)

The creative director said that is better to play the core game before Left Behind.
Punchy4486
(01-16-2014, 04:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Jachaos

I know most implying a possible relation between Valentine's Day release date and the relationship between the two were only half-serious, but this is getting really intriguing.

I think that's a bit of a reach.
Kyonashi
(01-16-2014, 04:18 PM)
Any news on a UK price?
fluffydelusions
(01-16-2014, 04:21 PM)
I'm now sad I sold my ps3. I never figured there would be SP DLC for this game :(
Loakum
(01-16-2014, 04:21 PM)
It releases on "Valentine's Day"??? What's that?
Blasian Persuasion
(01-16-2014, 04:49 PM)
Why am I excited for DLC of a game I've never played?
-Plasma Reus-
Service guarantees member status
(01-16-2014, 04:57 PM)
I'm more excited for this than most upcoming games within the next few months.

Originally Posted by Kyonashi

Any news on a UK price?

If it's $14.99, you're looking at £10.
Shin-Ra
(01-16-2014, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Blasian Persuasion

Why am I excited for DLC of a game I've never played?

It passes the Bechdel test which is probably even more unusual for games than film.
Balb
(01-16-2014, 05:01 PM)
Sorry if this has been answered before but is this going to be the last bit of single player DLC for the game?