• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Kalor

J2gJX4c.png
tumblr_m9wo1aHpgb1qkpnrw.jpg

I should rewatch the movie. It was far better than I thought it would be.

Sorian

Banned
If anyone tells you to skip Apollo Justice...

Tell them to join mafia, there's some nice lynching to be had.

I would never tell anyone to skip it because there is some great stuff in there but the drop in quality still makes me sad. The original trilogy is such a high bar though/

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I would never tell anyone to skip it because there is some great stuff in there but the drop in quality still makes me sad. The original trilogy is such a high bar though/

I'd agree... If it weren't for the fact that I found part 2 to be about the same quality as Apollo, or maybe even slightly less. I don't know why, but when I think about replaying them, I always dread having to go through 2.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I have boat as 5-6 at the moment, but I guess I could ask you Crab, do you think it's a 5 or 6?

It's a non-standard game given the whole Lovers aspect, but the way in which it is non-standard doesn't change play much if at all other than the communication aspect, so I'd say 5.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Scrafty's is the most non-standard at roughly a 9 right now. Burb's is a 5, Mazre's a 6, Terrabyte's a 7, Sorian's a 7, yeeny's a 6; I'd say.

Sorian

Banned
The Ace Attorney 2 hate is hard for me because case 2-4 is probably my favorite as a standalone. Case 3-5 is the best when you connect everything together for what it did as a wrap-up for the whole trilogy. But yeah, the rest of AA2 is meh.

Mazre

Odqkx7e.jpg

ckTMio8.jpg

What: Pirates vs Ninjas Mafia
Why: Because Pirates. And Ninjas.
What People Have Been Saying:
"..." - Everyone
"Did a child make that jolly roger?" - Concerned Citizen
"No love on this boat. Case closed, Princess Blood Phantom" - Notaf Akequote

Coppanuva

Scrafty's is the most non-standard at roughly a 9 right now. Burb's is a 5, Mazre's a 6, Terrabyte's a 7, Sorian's a 7, yeeny's a 6; I'd say.

...Goddamn. A 9?! I'm half intimidated (and there's some other reallllly good themed games going), but a 9? I am so conflicted!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
alright my delightful peons, your glorious master thread shall descend shortly

The Ace Attorney 2 hate is hard for me because case 2-4 is probably my favorite as a standalone. Case 3-5 is the best when you connect everything together for what it did as a wrap-up for the whole trilogy. But yeah, the rest of AA2 is meh.

The circus case was so bad imo.

squidyj

First of all I put Ace Attorney 2 down for a long time just because I hated the music.

Second:
I know I've threatened to do this in the past but this time I've decided that I finally hate you all enough to run a game. So I would like to submit one for 5.5. The theme would be Flight of the Conchords/The IT Crowd in a certain kind of way and the title is.

"No flip, What a trip!"

Yeah.
Hopefully it is not too late for this sort of thing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Confession: i'm using a proxy atm and can't use image source to get the pictures for people's flavours. Do you mind posting the direct links?

Mazre

Is Mazre going for that last-minute joke submission that almost always gets in?

I have some flavor somewhere but I had to throw something together in a hurry for the recruit thread and it amused me. Also it made Burb laugh so totally worth it. That first quote is 100% true I believe, don't think I got a single comment when I first mentioned the game theme.

Palmer_v1

Since Volcano is over, if anyone has questions about the cheating problem or why I dropped, feel free to PM me on GAF. I don't want to derail the new recruitment thread.

Good luck next season!

My biggest issue is I can't be in 2 games at once
Also, those who have access to my ToS game board, please throw as many critisms at me as possible

Gorlak

Banned
It would be useful to add an estimated starting date for the games to the recruitment thread. I'm expecting people to ask for it several times otherwise.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, official sign-us for ONUW 9 is now on. This is the role list I will be using:

Doppelganger - Chooses a player at the beginning of the game to copy, gets a copy of their role.

Vanilla Werewolf - Nothing special.

Mystic Wolf - Can look at one other player's role.

Minion - Knows who the wolves are, wolves do not know them.

2 Masons - Know each other

Apprentice Seer - Looks at one card from the center.

Robber - Steals one player's role, knows what their new role is, the robbed does not know they were robbed.

Witch - Takes one card from the center and forces it on a player, knows what the card is.

Troublemaker - Switches two player's roles, doesn't know either role.

Drunk - Must take one card from the center and make it their own role, does not know what the role is.

Tanner - Wants to get themselves lynched

Tanner's Wife - Knows who the tanner is, tanner doesn't know who the wife is.

Insomniac - Will be told what their current role is at the end of the night.

Villager - Nothing special.

Decided to give a quick recap on roles since it's been so long. Current player list pulled from me gauging interest.

1) Mazre
2) Sawneeks
3) Kawl
4) Ri'Orius
5) Splinter
6) cabot
7) Zipped
8) Corn
9) Xam
10) Terra
11) Flux
12) Lone_Prodigy
---------
Reserve:

I'll be accepting sign-ups until Thursday (will announce when I close sign-ups), you'll get your role PMs here in your GAF inbox sometime on Friday. Discussion phase starts on Saturday at 5pm US eastern time (too lazy to do time zone conversions, I believe in you all). Game will run no matter what, I've talked with Palmer in the past about doing a small sized game (because 12 is actually bigger than a typical ONUW) and we are already at 7 so I'm sure we'll be good regardless. If I have to run at a smaller player pool, I'll re-think what roles to include and keep you all updated.

And for anyone who may have any questions about rules or roles or general flow of ONUW, I point you to ONUW 8: http://gafia.boards.net/thread/47/onuw-8-before

Top Bottom