• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New fighter Blade Strangers annnounced (Studio Saizensen/Nicalis) for PC, PS4, Switch

Eolz

Nicalis is going all in on physical releases for the Switch.

First, Ed McMillen's new game (The End is Nigh) revealed yesterday, and apparently this is getting a physical release now, too:

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/877994136594300928

DC9CxMrVYAEvFJL.jpg:large

Nice colorful cover!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what's the roster at the moment?

Umihara Kawase:
- Kawase
- Eriko-Chan
- Yokoyama Noko

Cave Story:
- Curly

Code of Princess:
- Solance
- Ali
- Master T
- Liongate

- Original character on box cover

Platy

...Liongate ?

Dude is bottom charisma level =(

Give me the bard or the zombie girl or the Nun instead of him

shaowebb

Nice boxart. Like I said, the studio behind this did quite a fun fighting game in Blade Arcus. Its combat systems were very easy to learn, and very well built. Not convoluted at all and it lent the player a LOT of control of footsies and setups. Things like a command dash, a universal cancel tool, and the ability to use your other character for assists when you choose to not play as them during a round was great. The assists were great too...they had their own meter and had 3 different strengths so you could choose just how long to wait in order to get a stronger setup or combo using one. That or use them early, often or for a reversal.

Dont judge by the animation. The team makes really fun fighting games that are easy to pickup, but still really well structured for deep footsie and creative play.

I look forward to Blade Strangers and all the mechanics and cast it will offer us if Blade Arcus was any indication of how well they live up to their goals of "simple for all , fun for all levels, but deep enough to get serious".

RM8

They were smart to hide Thong Princess, lol. I'm going to give this game a chance, because of Cave Story alone :)

Astarte

Nice boxart. Like I said, the studio behind this did quite a fun fighting game in Blade Arcus. Its combat systems were very easy to learn, and very well built. Not convoluted at all and it lent the player a LOT of control of footsies and setups. Things like a command dash, a universal cancel tool, and the ability to use your other character for assists when you choose to not play as them during a round was great. The assists were great too...they had their own meter and had 3 different strengths so you could choose just how long to wait in order to get a stronger setup or combo using one. That or use them early, often or for a reversal.

Dont judge by the animation. The team makes really fun fighting games that are easy to pickup, but still really well structured for deep footsie and creative play.

I look forward to Blade Strangers and all the mechanics and cast it will offer us if Blade Arcus was any indication of how well they live up to their goals of "simple for all , fun for all levels, but deep enough to get serious".

Blade Arcus is garbage shit and I play that game competitively.

It's not even fun, just another paycheck to fund my desire for another game like dengeki

I just hope blade strangers doesn't crap itself.

Seik

Banned
Nicalis is going all in on physical releases for the Switch.

First, Ed McMillen's new game (The End is Nigh) revealed yesterday, and apparently this is getting a physical release now, too:

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/877994136594300928

DC9CxMrVYAEvFJL.jpg:large

I'm almost finished with my first Cave Story playthrough and wow, what a fantastic game I've been missing out on all these years.

Having Curly in there is awesome, as for CoP, while I enjoyed what I played but I lost interest pretty quickly, it wasn't quite the 'Guardian Heroes 2' that I wanted, but the OST was cool though.

I'm in, I heard a lot of shit about Nicalis's past issues, but I only discovered them since I have a Switch and so far they deliver.

You know, the way that boxart is designed makes me believe it was designed specifically for the the Switch's dimensions. Is this not getting a physical release for PS4?

Top Bottom