• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – Strawberry Milkshake Gameplay

Beaulieu

It really annoys me that the sound effect for the milkshake drinking sounds as if the glass was almost empty already.

Xando

First thing I noticed. It's really good.

Bethesda better put in English in the German version.

German version won't have nazis though (IIRC the enemies are called "the regime" in the german version).

Can only recommend to import the US or UK version.

Vinc

Checked out a little bit then clicked out because I don't want to spoil it for myself... but man that looks freakin' awesome. Machine Games is REAL good at these first-person, in-game story "cutscenes" (whatever you call them).

jacobs34

Just finished playing New Order and Old Blood and was blown away by the quality - especially the quality of New Order, just an incredible experience from beginning to end. It moved New Colossus up to my most hyped game of 2017.

Mikey Jr.

If I have to manually pick up ammo, I am instantly out of this game like I was the previous one.

Does this game have that same mechanic?

i really hope BJ's narration is in this game. How he would randomly start spouting lines like a poet was cheesy but really endearing too in the last one.

It's more of like an in-game cutscene than gameplay, still looking very promising.

I can't watch it right now, but that's unfortunate to hear. There was way too much narrative that took control from the player in the first game.

Edit: Watched it. Meh. The gameplay montage at the beginning looked top notch, but I know I'm gonna struggle with all the scripted/narrative events like in the first game.

Frostman

It's not even the best game coming out that day, but I loved TNO and am excited for this. Wonder if this is releasing too late to get a sale price on Steam during Black Friday.

Do you mean AC:Origins? Or another game?

I agree, I love Wolfenstein. But I wouldn't write it off prematurely against an Assassins Creed game. That series has been grey for the last few instalments.

One thing i always found interesting was that the main character BJ is one of the arch-enemies against the Nazi's in the Universe, yet he represents the whole Nazi idea of the "Aryan Race" blond hair and blue eyes, but is their worst enemy.

think of it as the Nazi's ideal human turns out to be their ideal monster

It kind of reminds me how, Captain America has similar physical characteristics to the so called "Aryan idea" but he is the greatest enemy of the Nazis, maybe it was from design.

Raptomex

One thing i always found interesting was that the main character BJ is one of the arch-enemies against the Nazi's in the Universe, yet he represents the whole Nazi idea of the "Aryan Race" blond hair and blue eyes, but is their worst enemy.

think of it as the Nazi's ideal human turns out to be their ideal monster

It kind of reminds me how, Captain America has similar physical characteristics to the so called "Aryan idea" but he is the greatest enemy of the Nazis, maybe it was from design.
If you're talking about just this game, I think he's supposed to resemble his Wolf 3D appearance. I look at his face and I see it. The chin, blue eyes, blonde hair. That or I assume they did it so he can easily blend in with the world around him and not be questioned about his ethnicity.

200_s.gif

Blazko.png

If you're talking about just this game, I think he's supposed to resemble his Wolf 3D appearance. I look at his face and I see it. The chin, blue eyes, blonde hair. That or I assume they did it so he can easily blend in with the world around him and not be questioned about his ethnicity.

200_s.gif

Blazko.png

isn't BJ suppose to be ethnically Jewish? or I remember something about him being jewish or half-jewish in an older game

Raptomex

isn't BJ suppose to be ethnically Jewish? or I remember something about him being jewish or half-jewish in an older game
I've always wondered this myself, based on his last name. Unless it was confirmed. But his appearance in both games doesn't fit the stereotype.

Raw64life

Do you mean AC:Origins? Or another game?

I agree, I love Wolfenstein. But I wouldn't write it off prematurely against an Assassins Creed game. That series has been grey for the last few instalments.

Mario Odyssey. I played the AC2 trilogy and like it but haven't bought an AC since.

Top Bottom