• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Switch Bundle Announced for July 21, Neon Green/Pink Joy-Cons Autumn

StarPhlox

I am in NA but I was able to preorder pink/green joy con from Amazon.uk today

May be a viable option for some of you if it's still up!

Fyi it came to $85 with everything so the same price I would have paid at a retailer in North America

//ARCANUM

I am in NA but I was able to preorder pink/green joy con from Amazon.uk today

May be a viable option for some of you if it's still up!

Fyi it came to $85 with everything so the same price I would have paid at a retailer in North America

How did you do this? I’m looking at it now and it says it doesn’t ship to th U.S.....

Edit - well, even though it says that it let me order. So we’ll see what happens I guess...

samred

if anybody scores the pink/green set and wants to trade either of those for one of my neon yellow joy-cons, PM me. dead serious. I'd like to pair the yellow with either neon green or neon pink, I'm not into the dual-yellow look but it's a nice accent color.

MrBS

Ordered the pink/green via an Amazon JP third party and its been 'preparing for shipment' for a couple day now. Hurry up and ship!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Best Buy has the controllers available for purchase again.

Tempted to nab one...but I don't need it. ☹️

Edit: Considering dropping in at BB prior to work to get my game and amiibo preorder. If they have the controller then I might get it.

I feel like it's gonna be a madhouse though and whatever isn't preordered is gonna be snapped up quick like.

jts

...hate me...
You're right I really don't need it. Besides, I have the standard Pro Controller and I love it. But this is a special edition one and I'm in Splatoon 2 hype mode! Argh.
I don't know, I feel like at that price it might not really sell out, and who knows may even come down in price.

I'm in the same situation, already have a standard Pro Controller, had a Splatoon 2 Pro Controller pre-ordered (it's beautiful), but just cancelled it. Amazon.de hadn't even shipped it yet, if they had then I'd keep it. But it's a bit of a waste for my situation.

I do hope to find it cheaper later.

Iced

Site called Gigazine has a bunch of photos of the Splatoon 2 system bundle, including the joy-cons. I think this is the first time they've been seen outside of box art:

http://gigazine.net/news/20170721-nintendo-switch-splatoon2-photo/

P4260559.jpg

Mine shipped last night, but that image of them in person has me so hype to get these things... never thought I'd be so excited to get controllers.

FinKL

FFFFF that green looks so nice. It's like it was made for Neon Yellow. Now I want that Green and Yellow instead of Pink

jacobeid

Banned
if anybody scores the pink/green set and wants to trade either of those for one of my neon yellow joy-cons, PM me. dead serious. I'd like to pair the yellow with either neon green or neon pink, I'm not into the dual-yellow look but it's a nice accent color.

FFFFF that green looks so nice. It's like it was made for Neon Yellow. Now I want that Green and Yellow instead of Pink

Match made in heaven?

I'm assuming the Joycons are out? I went to Gamestop looking to use my credit on the game and those joycons but they didn't have any. Not a fan of the pro controller's look, but I love those Joycons.

Iced

Mine too. *high five*

The delivery estimate was anywhere from 7/28 to 8/11, I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Where are you finding the delivery estimate? I have a tracking number but I don't know where to look it up.

jacobeid

Banned
I'm assuming the Joycons are out? I went to Gamestop looking to use my credit on the game and those joycons but they didn't have any. Not a fan of the pro controller's look, but I love those Joycons.

They still haven't announced any news for NA regarding the joycons (stupid). Your best bet is to import.

Pandy

You're right I really don't need it. Besides, I have the standard Pro Controller and I love it. But this is a special edition one and I'm in Splatoon 2 hype mode! Argh.
I had one pre-ordered but cancelled.

It's cool, but not vastly different to the stock pro controller (your hands cover the colours). I'm taking it as a good sign that there will be more special edition controllers in the future, as I definitely want a second one.

D.Lo

I've gotten so used to how comfortable using Split Joycons are that going back to a standard controller just seems archaic.
Yep. All other controllers (well except Wii remote plus nunchuck) now feel like playing in handcuffs.

It makes motion control 900% better too, only using one hand.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

DarkWish

Got the Joy-Cons from Amazon Japan today. Love them!

If anyone has any requests for pictures of specific color combinations, let me know.

FinKL

Got the Joy-Cons from Amazon Japan today. Love them!

If anyone has any requests for pictures of specific color combinations, let me know.

Ffffffff, it's like Skittles.

Could you post Green / Yellow together? On the Switch and as a pair

Top Bottom