• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita confirmed region-free

Aeana

The eternal pessimist that I am refuses to believe for 100% certain until someone actually runs software from another region on it, but this is certainly good news either way.

YES !!!! awesome news! still going to buy a EU device but if their is every a game that will not be release in my region at least I can import it than.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
salromano said:
Pretty sure this is old news. Remember hearing this some time around E3.

It was a slightly vague 'as far as I know it is' from a SCEE guy. This is much better :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
S. Yoshida has a sense of humor confirmed

2EriF.jpg

Kyoufu

Aeana said:
Some dude from Sony Europe said it might be, which wasn't really confirmation.

Especially when one of those Sony Europe dudes said the analogue sticks were clickable...

Grinchy

Banned
Shed_a_Ninja said:
Well, think of it this way:

The more they fail, the harder they will try to succeed.
I am secretly hoping they fail a little bit so they have to Nintendo the price.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DMPrince said:
has he answered if we are allowed to have more than one psn accounts on vita?

This is the next big question to ask.

Either way, digital downloading will make importing fuck-tons cheaper than it normally is. As long as you can find a way to pay for the games... (which shouldn't be too big a problem with PSN cards)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The fact that all games are downloadable means 'importing' games could be extremely trivial.

Just buy PSN cards from different regions and log onto stores, and purchase away?

Hopefully you can play 'authorised' content from any account on your Vita...if switching accounts isn't as easy as on PS3 that's OK, as long as you don't have to switch just to play.

Top Bottom