• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
uS8Dpml.gif

I see this gif has a promising future

Pachimari

Tried out the Destiny 2 beta. That shit looks real beautiful! I love the personalities, cutscenes and music. Hopefully there's a good story in there with the DLC guys writing it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BAD END -- MB-9B46A5E47E236D7D - Taken by sprinkles. 6 entrants total.
Castle of no Escape 2 -- MB-26099C641CBD2C57 - Taken by KainXVIII. 5 entrants total.
DreadOut -- MB-C51C836D9B2BFD90 - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.
Inbetween Land -- MB-1884851626478181 - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Gladiator -- MB-9F1616A4616FCBF6 - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
Red Game Without a Great Name -- MB-6EBE9C0283A2A180 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-C3C10983D0F90035
Skedaddle -- MB-561704F239E0B448 - Taken by Madn. 3 entrants total.
Stealth Inc 2 -- MB-05849B2519B95A8F - Taken by Monooboe. 6 entrants total.
The Last Dream -- MB-5967A5DA9574D3B6 - Taken by Booker.DeWitt. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Kill of the Week Reborn -- MB-DAAE272AA30DC55C - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
albert und otto -- MB-E8D814E0EC2ECAB9 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1504014406z1.png

Tried out the Destiny 2 beta. That shit looks real beautiful! I love the personalities, cutscenes and music. Hopefully there's a good story in there with the DLC guys writing it.

Yeah, it looks incredible. Runs well, too.

I went 2560 x 1440 on my 970 and had no problems, weirdness or dips. I need to try out some strikes or pvp (inb4 autocorrect to PCP) to make sure those run as tightly.

2500k processer still, by the way, for those interested.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
should have been Ys Mahvel baby

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Same here. 31GB download of War of the Chosen may take forever on my end. Good thing XCOM2 is still playable even when DLC is downloading in the background.

well isnt the idea of War of the Chosen that it makes vanilla obsolete? It's not like its a sequel.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Decided to finally start The Witcher 2. It asks me for a save file of the first game that I don't have because I played it in my old computer, back in 2015. After a little bit of searching I found out that it got cloud saves in that year, so now I'm downloading The Witcher 1 in hopes that my save is miraculously somewhere in the cloud.
In case it isn't, how necessary is it? How connected are the stories?

Don't worry about it.

Regginator

Any particular reason why the September thread is up three days before, you know, September?

That being said, new thread smell and yadda yadda. Let's go!

Save money for today's
Windows Store
Humble Bundle :D

what do you mean? do we get a humble bundle today?

also, the best time to get the humble bundle tiers for cheaper is as soon as it releases right? I got the horror bundle tier 2 for $5.2, and now it is up to $7.7

Deques

Any particular reason why the September thread is up three days before, you know, September?

That being said, new thread smell and yadda yadda. Let's go!

MRORANGE probably doesn't have time to put a thread on the 1st and he probably doesn't want Uzzy takes his thunder :p

what do you mean? do we get a humble bundle today?

also, the best time to get the humble bundle tiers for cheaper is as soon as it releases right? I got the horror bundle tier 2 for $5.2, and now it is up to $7.7

"regular" bundles usually comes in Tuesdays

Pachimari

I've been installing my Logitech G29 + gearshifter on my PC and trying to set it up with Euro Truck Simulator 2, although it's not easy at all, and I'm still figuring it out. I downloaded the Logitech Gaming Software, and will now restart my PC to see if the game will recognize my wheel this time around. Seems like ETS2 doesn't support the new G29 shifter either, which would be a real bummer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Decided to finally start The Witcher 2. It asks me for a save file of the first game that I don't have because I played it in my old computer, back in 2015. After a little bit of searching I found out that it got cloud saves in that year, so now I'm downloading The Witcher 1 in hopes that my save is miraculously somewhere in the cloud.

When exactly did you play it? Steam Cloud support was added at the end of October 2015.

Edit: D'oh, I misread your post. You're already aware of that.

Zia

: )

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chroma Squad -- MB-2733D081C06EDF69 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Cortex Command -- MB-E30B7A4B9FC03172 - Taken by Booker.DeWitt
Death Ray Manta -- MB-17020EB9BC7FBB87 - Taken by abelasabel
Secret Files: Tunguska -- MB-5F8BE6C5FC6CC4AD - Taken by Natty1
Vanguard Princess -- MB-81DB0D16177ECC05 - Taken by voodooray

I was very much joking.

...I have no idea how deep the romances will go, but I doubt they'll feature explicit sexy time. Larian doesn't roll like that.
I know ;) Well, i didn't meant anything explicitly sexy too, i more interested how they handled relations with companions, if i remember correctly it was very brief in previous Divinity games (except Dragon Commander) and i don't like this, RPG for me is always Exploration and Story first than fighting and using fancy physics mechanics to combine spells.

that was my first experience as well. Thanks for helping a new PC gamer.

If you want to save a few cents, keep a couple of tabs open on Humble and occasionally refresh whichever tab has the higher BTA. Once it's clear the price is only going up you can still buy it on the cheaper tab at the reduced price.

If you intend to buy the complete bundle then it's just stupid to wait :)
And also there is a Steam group where you can split bundles if you only want 1 or 2 games from a bundle

what steam group? can you post the link?

If you want to save a few cents, keep a couple of tabs open on Humble and occasionally refresh whichever tab has the higher BTA. Once it's clear the price is only going up you can still buy it on the cheaper tab at the reduced price.

that makes sense

Buraindo

Not that important. Pretty sure that outside of some gear you'll replace within hours of beginning the game, the rest of the bonuses you get are minor dialogue changes and journal entries. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mivey

There are a few references to choices you did in the last game. But nothing too important. Going from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3 has bigger consequences, and even those are still really minor.

kionedrik

Thanks for the answers guys. I had no luck with the cloud save but I had a full HD backup in an external drive and managed to get my save file from there.
Just played a few minutes of it and it feels a lot different from the first one, especially the combat. The UI also feels weird for some reason.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This year has no mercy. D:OS 2, a new Ys game, and more stuff still to come. Never mind that Trails of Cold Steel and Trails 3rd are still on my plate. That doesn't even count any of the other great games that have come out this year. It has been an exceptional year for games.

And despite all that PUBG will win every GOTY award.

anybody here getting PES 2018? I am thinking about going back to the series, it's been a while since I have played a soccer game. I was a huge fan of PES during ps2 era

Unai

anybody here getting PES 2018? I am thinking about going back to the series, it's been a while since I have played a soccer game. I was a huge fan of PES during ps2 era

The last time I really played soccer games for an extended period was during the SNES era, so I kind of curious to see how these games play nowadays. Will PES be better than Fifa this year?

Nabs

good. Are graphics much better than xbox version?

Also, controller or keyboard/mouse?

It's amazing on PC. Mouse controls are also very good. I'd recommend playing it that way or with a steam controller. It goes on sale a lot, so don't pay too much for it.

iosefe

This year has no mercy. D:OS 2, a new Ys game, and more stuff still to come. Never mind that Trails of Cold Steel and Trails 3rd are still on my plate. That doesn't even count any of the other great games that have come out this year. It has been an exceptional year for games.

And despite all that PUBG will win every GOTY award.

assuming it releases by the end of the year

The last time I really played soccer games for an extended period was during the SNES era, so I kind of curious to see how these games play nowadays. Will PES be better than Fifa this year?

that is what most people are saying. it seems PES got better every year, and the 2017 version was felt to be better than FIFA, although FIFA still sells way more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom