• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is playable at Retail Kiosks Now

Just got word from a friend that he was able to play N. Sane Trilogy on the PS4 kiosk at GameStop. Seems like the demo was pushed out in the kiosk updates this week. I heard about it earlier via an instagram post of an employee but wanted to verify it was going out wide before I posted this.

Have also heard conflicting reports that it's at Best Buy too, but I imagine anywhere the kiosks are updated via connection you can play it.

He also beat the Brio bonus in Heavy Machinery.

C9VMsNxWAAIHhnL.jpg

maxcriden

Ooh, exciting. I want to check it out. Thanks for the head's-up! I wonder if there is any exclusivity language that might further clarify the muddy waters surrounding the timed or not exclusivity of the title.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All I want to know if Slippery Climb is as amazing as it was back in 1996.

I'll be checking my GameStop tomorrow. Gonna check Walmart and other kiosks while I'm in town too.

Well... "my" GameStop :V I'm 700 miles away from home :( Have to tag along with family on errands just because I wanna play Crash Bandicoot lol

L.O.R.D

With the new update,can any one use USB drive to copy the game to use on other PS4?
i doubt this will work,but some demos and apps work without being attached to the account or the device.

With the new update,can any one use USB drive to copy the game to use on other PS4?
i doubt this will work,but some demos and apps work without being attached to the account or the device.

Retail Kiosk consoles are typically encased in a plastic shield to prevent theft both physical and digital :V

Roo

I'll be checking my GameStop tomorrow. Gonna check Walmart and other kiosks while I'm in town too.

Well... "my" GameStop :V I'm 700 miles away from home :( Have to tag along with family on errands just because I wanna play Crash Bandicoot lol
Oh for the love of God try to complete every level you get to play.
Everytime I see a gameplay video I die a little bit inside when someone forgets/ignores crates on purpose.

SgtCobra

I need to see me some gameplay stat.

Please, everywone playing this, let us know how the controls and physics feel. I wonder what the music sounds like.

I'm guessing just the levels we've already seen full playthroughs of then (N. Sanity Beach, Heavy Machinery and Hang Eight)?

Yeah. It's literally the PAX demo slapped on the Sony kiosks.

It may actually have some minor improvements but that may just be a trick of the offscreen photos.

There are a lot of games out there that get demos at the kiosks that never make it to PSN. Ratchet and Clank, Rocket League, and Thumper come to mind immediately. No idea why not, but it is annoying.

prolly something to keep retailers happy and continue stocking their products

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
going to my local gamestop sometime today, will check back with impressions if they've got it

Tapejara

Yeah. It's literally the PAX demo slapped on the Sony kiosks.

It may actually have some minor improvements but that may just be a trick of the offscreen photos.

Guess that makes sense considering the PAX demo has already been QA'd and received good impressions. Hoping we get some new footage soon though.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
These remakes are really the best case scenario for the return of Crash.

Exactly what people love and miss, just prettied up and packaged all together.

No new takes on the formula, no gimmicks for the new kids, nothing for the fans to bitch about except the aesthetic liberties.

VeeP

No new takes on the formula, no gimmicks for the new kids, nothing for the fans to bitch about except the aesthetic liberties.

All we need now is a CTR remake with online support.

Just left GS... as a mega Crash fan whose first video game experience was Crash 1... N. Sane Trilogy is the definitive version of that game to me now. Incredibly well done, Vicarious Visions. Will post more details when I am at a computer.

Piggus

Just left GS... as a mega Crash fan whose first video game experience was Crash 1... N. Sane Trilogy is the definitive version of that game to me now. Incredibly well done, Vicarious Visions. Will post more details when I am at a computer.

Hnnnng... hype rising. Crash wasn't my absolute first game experience, but it was my first experience on the PS1 and first 3D game.

Agree.

Plus it been so long, this is going to be a major facelift. I barely remember 1 and 2 at this point and not sure if I've even played 3.

Probably for the irony. No one is actually interested in Crash Bandicoot in 2017. Flop, bomba, stop liking things that I don't like, etc.

I'm still amazed that some genuinely believe this. I guess those people are going to be in for a big surprise when they see just how popular this collection will be.

N. Sane Crash 1 is the definitive version of Crash 1. Hands down, bar none. The physics feel like Crash 1 but they turned off his weird inertia shit so he doesn't feel as much like a fucking runaway tractor trailer. So the box bridges and stuff are both "easier" and "harder". They feel like a good medium. The Brio bonus is a good example. Never once was the fucking up on my part anything but my fault.

Crash 1 has been made to feel more like Crash 2, NOT the other way around like SomeCallMeJohnny and Caddicarus and people were saying. The Crash 1 controls feel JUST as correct on analog as they do on D-Pad. Better, even. D-Pad is great for 'precision' though.

Crash 2 N. Sane feels lighter than Crash 1 N.Sane. They are similar, but in no way do they feel exactly the same as the aforementioned YouTubers expressed. I question when the last time they actually played the original games was. For me it was a week ago so I have a great frame of reference. There's a clear difference. Crash is faster and snappier to control in N.Sane 2 than in N.Sane 1. The slide jump is spot on and feels great. Even the spin slide jump technique popular for skips in speedruns is in the game and does jump higher and farther than a regular slide jump -- though that's where the biggest difference lies -- it's not QUITE as high and the window to make it happen (the timing of the button presses) is slightly narrowed to make abusing it harder, but it's perfectly usable as an actual move the same way it is in Crash 2.

It FEELS like Crash 2 with some modernization. Crash 1 and 2 definitely have "feelable" differences though.

The graphics in person are not done justice by trailers and captures. The saturation and color is phenomenally done. The HUD and menus are fantastic and animated. The startup screen and stuff is simple but good.

The difficulty is retained, especially in Crash 1. It has not been softened up at all, but the controls are BETTER so you can get used to it a bit quicker and if you have played Crash before, when you pick this up you feel right at home, just... better. There's no real adjustment period. Crash 1 feels like so much better than OG Crash 1. It feels more like you're skilled and chaining the jumps and obstacles together in a much more satisfying manner than OG Crash 1 where you feel like you're getting lucky sometimes.

Overall, this is the best Crash since the originals. Like the way it plays, looks, sounds. It's top shelf shit. Because it IS the originals, just... better. I keep saying that, but in terms of the little things, ESPECIALLY Crash 1 vastly surpasses the OG Crash 1. Crash 2 is on par with OG Crash 2 and is better in places, but suffered from one big glitch that I am sure will be fixed -- that being that for some reason it seems like you can trap Crash in a state where the circle/R1 button does nothing. You can't slide, body slam, etc. You can only crouch while standing still if you REALLY hold it down hard. I am 99% sure that it's because they forgot to reset Crash's "can slide" variable when he exits the slide or slam states onto the Jetboard. Simple fix, if I'm right.

Just a fantastically made game.

Asd202

N. Sane Crash 1 is the definitive version of Crash 1. Hands down, bar none. The physics feel like Crash 1 but they turned off his weird inertia shit so he doesn't feel as much like a fucking runaway tractor trailer. So the box bridges and stuff are both "easier" and "harder". They feel like a good medium. The Brio bonus is a good example. Never once was the fucking up on my part anything but my fault.

Crash 1 has been made to feel more like Crash 2, NOT the other way around like SomeCallMeJohnny and Caddicarus and people were saying. The Crash 1 controls feel JUST as correct on analog as they do on D-Pad. Better, even. D-Pad is great for 'precision' though.

Crash 2 N. Sane feels lighter than Crash 1 N.Sane. They are similar, but in no way do they feel exactly the same as the aforementioned YouTubers expressed. I question when the last time they actually played the original games was. For me it was a week ago so I have a great frame of reference. There's a clear difference. Crash is faster and snappier to control in N.Sane 2 than in N.Sane 1. The slide jump is spot on and feels great. Even the spin slide jump technique popular for skips in speedruns is in the game and does jump higher and farther than a regular slide jump -- though that's where the biggest difference lies -- it's not QUITE as high and the window to make it happen (the timing of the button presses) is slightly narrowed to make abusing it harder, but it's perfectly usable as an actual move the same way it is in Crash 2.

It FEELS like Crash 2 with some modernization. Crash 1 and 2 definitely have "feelable" differences though.

The graphics in person are not done justice by trailers and captures. The saturation and color is phenomenally done. The HUD and menus are fantastic and animated. The startup screen and stuff is simple but good.

The difficulty is retained, especially in Crash 1. It has not been softened up at all, but the controls are BETTER so you can get used to it a bit quicker and if you have played Crash before, when you pick this up you feel right at home, just... better. There's no real adjustment period. Crash 1 feels like so much better than OG Crash 1. It feels more like you're skilled and chaining the jumps and obstacles together in a much more satisfying manner than OG Crash 1 where you feel like you're getting lucky sometimes.

Overall, this is the best Crash since the originals. Like the way it plays, looks, sounds. It's top shelf shit. Because it IS the originals, just... better. I keep saying that, but in terms of the little things, ESPECIALLY Crash 1 vastly surpasses the OG Crash 1. Crash 2 is on par with OG Crash 2 and is better in places, but suffered from one big glitch that I am sure will be fixed -- that being that for some reason it seems like you can trap Crash in a state where the circle/R1 button does nothing. You can't slide, body slam, etc. You can only crouch while standing still if you REALLY hold it down hard. I am 99% sure that it's because they forgot to reset Crash's "can slide" variable when he exits the slide or slam states onto the Jetboard. Simple fix, if I'm right.

Just a fantastically made game.

Well I'm hoping it's not just some placebo effect :p

Top Bottom