• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: American Revolution setting confirmed [Game Informer/Box Art]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
To a degree, but what else would it be? It's sort of established that Assassins are dudes wearing white. Plus, it doesn't have all the fancy red finery that Ezio had.

Yeah, it appears that this guy will have a more raw, rugged appearance due to apparently having some Native American heritage. I am more than happy with that, as opposed to being some dashing Italian.

I'm starting to think that it was more the drawn out yearly releases with Ezio's story that had me hit a wall with Revelations. This new character in a completely different setting is growing on me more by the minute. I think I will end up getting excited for it after all, but I naturally still need to see the game first.

Can we guess that this is when the embargo ends for all the games at the Microsoft Spring Showcase?
If Assassin's Creed III was part of the showcase, yes I guess. Otherwise 9am PST is always a good time to end a embargo for a worldwide event.

Is there really enough confusion about the difference between the American Revolution and the Civil War that it requires clarification?
Of course. For me at least.

duckroll

Btw the Facebook site says:
"Wir enthüllen am Montag, den 5.3.2012 um 18.00 Uhr weitere Details zu Assassin's Creed III"
"We reveal more details about Assassin's Creed III at Monday around 6pm(GMT+1)(9am PST/5pm GMT/12pm EST)"

I hope that doesn't mean Game Informer isn't putting up anything on their site until then... :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if or what major conflicts they'll add in the game. 1 vote for the Paoli massacre

Roanoke Colony! Though that's too early...

EDIT: Wait, wait. You must find an artifact on SPOOKY, ABANDONED ROANOKE COLONY

DaBuddaDa

The AC Facebook page said "Tune in tomorrow for a big announcement" and tomorrow is now today :( What is this Monday bull!?

Kem0sabe

Still not clear what Washington´s position is in the Assassin´s creed universe, he has a piece of eden with him, but he´s not specifically referred to as a templar, only as a freemason. Are they one and the same or are freemason´s non aligned?

The killing of a red coat on the cover might imply that the English (as usual with the series major powers, are templar controlled), but it would be disappointing to have the american patriot´s be the good guys in this.

edit: hopefully our native american friend can fuck them all up equally, in a democratic manner fitting the setting. :)

GNHfS.jpg

Posted?

Edit.: It was posted at the Facebook site.

tumblr_lvi6l46MJB1ql141xo1_500.gif

AAK

Sorry, the hood just seems so out of place. But other than that it looks cool.

Benedict Arnold for the final boss!

Symphonic

Welcome to the rest of America's (the continent) problem. Mexican, Canadians and the rest of the crew scratch their heads every day.

Yes, because United States citizens being called Americans is a legitimate problem that, by god, just needs to be stopped.

Alucrid

Banned
Roanoke Colony! Though that's too early...

EDIT: Wait, wait. You must find an artifact on SPOOKY, ABANDONED ROANOKE COLONY
Not a major conflicts at all :lol

but I can see that working in tandem with the science fiction elements, like an artifact being there or the cause of it

Zeliard

Still not clear what Washington´s position is in the Assassin´s creed universe, he has a piece of eden with him, but he´s not specifically referred to as a templar, only as a freemason. Are they one and the same or are freemason´s non aligned?

The killing of a red coat on the cover might imply that the English (as usual with the series major powers, are templar controlled), but it would be disappointing to have the american patriot´s be the good guys in this.

Revolutionaries = good guys

Domineering empire = bad guys

Vire

The AC Facebook page said "Tune in tomorrow for a big announcement" and tomorrow is now today :( What is this Monday bull!?

Most likely the new cover shown.

Looks like this year is the year of America, while last year was the year of the Sky.

Weird how Bioshock Infinite and AC3 are coming out in the same month with similar themes.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
In my OP I said architecture isn't the ONLY IMPORTANT THING. Next time try to read correctly before insulting people.

And then when scar said Architecture was one of the most important aspects you said

No it isn't. Gameplay is becoming stale in the series, a change-up should be good for it. The first AC didn't have amazing architecture either, so I don't see why people really care.

edit: hopefully our native american friend can fuck them all up equally, in a democratic manner fitting the setting. :)

The boxart is meant to help sell the game, so having the death of an American on the cover won't help it's sales in America. Hopefully that's the main reason anyway..

Kem0sabe

The series is not centered on such clear cut definitions, at least for me. I envision it as a fight between assassins and templar.

The problem im having is how they will align all those revolutionary free mason´s in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah....look at all those 4 story buildings!! I can't wait to climb to the top to unlock a viewpoint and see the big environment......oh wait.... THEY ARE ONLY FOUR FUCKING STORIES TALL!!
Have you played an assassin's creed title before? Masyaf, Forli, Monterigionni, Tuscany and even the vast majority of Rome and other cities had 2-4 story buildings with the exception of a few famous landmarks and convenietly placed bird nest towers.

Think, people... Think. The games were never sprawling with sky scrapers. Fuck.

Chavelo

Yes, because United States citizens being called Americans is a legitimate problem that, by god, just needs to be stopped.
Hey, I'm not saying it's an actual problem. And by this point in age, I think no one else really want to associate themselves with the USA... Buuuuut that's another thread altogether...

Can't wait for Ubi to screw PC gamers again... Wooooo! /cries

Petrichor

Err why does there even need to be this distinction? IIRC in Assassin's Creed 1 the crusader's weren't overtly portrayed as the "bad guys" (though at the time they certainly were). You were assassinating people on both sides and the primary antagonist turned out to be someone completely removed from the conflict.

Don't think it's much of a stretch to assume the same will happen again.

The boxart is meant to help sell the game, so having the death of an American on the cover won't help it's sales in America. Hopefully that's the main reason anyway..

Exactly you can't expect to sell this game in America with an individual clearly wielding American Indian weaponry into a Blue Coats jugular.

Dunan

I thought Americans "won*" the Korean War?

*I'm aware the war is still technically going on but you guys did take half of their country and took it away from communism.

I thought the evil capitalist Americans took a decisive beating from Kim Il Sung and his brave Communist warriors...?*

* All my knowledge of the Korean War comes from the Victorious Fatherland Liberaton War Museum in Pyongyang.

Digging this. And left-handed protagonist FTW!

DaBuddaDa

GameInformer said:
Ever since the conclusion of Assassin's Creed II, a senior team of Ubisoft developers has been secretly toiling away on what comes next. That team aimed high, with plans to examine and rethink every element of the franchise from the ground up, build something new, and take a full three year development cycle to do it.

HNGGGGGGGGGGG

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

the cover is obviously a jingoistic marketing ploy

look at that cool american assassin killing the evil redcoat! YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME IT IS YOUR PATRIOTIC DUTY

it is nicely done though

Jacobi

Banned
That's a pretty boring scenario to me... They could have explored a lot of other much more ununsed scenarios between revelations and the revolution... But whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom