• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

I actually warmed up to the TvC guy over time, though that was because the lines were so absurd.

Man, Frank was so ass in TvC. Fun, but ass.

Weiss

Banned
Now that I'm replaying RE4, Leon needs to be in and he needs to have his stupid floppy haircut and his awful one-liners and he needs to suplex jerks into next millennium.

Maybe Claire can show up and hijack Jill's old moveset.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hope we get news on Saturday (if not sooner)

it's been so long, lol

again, what happens this weekend? I joked about Wrestlemania earlier but nobody actually said what IS happening videogame or FGC related :p

dawgparty

Now that I'm replaying RE4, Leon needs to be in and he needs to have his stupid floppy haircut and his awful one-liners and he needs to suplex jerks into next millennium.

Claire in this would be a dream come true for me but I doubt she has a chance. I think Ada deserves a spot, she should have been in 3.

evil ways

Ditch Chris, add Leon with a moveset made up of kicks, knives and a handgun, then leave the heavy fire power for a character like Punisher.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/847379955231080448

No real news, but at least we know they're going the extra mile for Infinite

I'm glad they are taking the project very serious, and I really hope that they would do the franchise the justice it deserves.

If nothing is shown this weekend, then yeah, E3 will be the next time we'll hear things.

It's going to take few months until we will hear something about MVCI.

JAXXX

Maybe Capcom doesn't want their news and reveals to overlap with INJUSTICE 2.
Injustice will be out In May.
Basically all the core character reveals are out of the way now. NRS is now onto more detailed character breakdowns and game specific details now.

JAXXX

If so, Injustice 2 only has one character left to reveal for the base roster (Joker).

u quoted me while i was editing the post, LOL.

anyway - i was thinking that maybe studios are concerned with the fact that casuals fans don't know the difference between marvel and dc and who wants to give their competition free sales.

In MMA - Bellator used the fact that the UFC (which casuals thinks means MMA) moved off Spike TV and programed thier programs around the UFC PPVs for extra eyeballs.

I'm still surprised Marvel Games has no announced panel.

With Telltale's Guardian's of the Galaxy coming, Insomnia's Spider-Man, and Infinite, it seems logical that they'd have their own panel at Wondercon. Maybe it just hasn't been posted yet.

Neoxon

I'm still surprised Marvel Games has no announced panel.

With Telltale's Guardian's of the Galaxy coming, Insomnia's Spider-Man, and Infinite, it seems logical that they'd have their own panel at Wondercon. Maybe it just hasn't been posted yet.
Maybe they're waiting for SDCC.

Neoxon

Yeah, that's probably what it is.

I guess all of our questions will be answered this weekend.

Are you looking forward to the Guardians game?
I'm going in with no expectations so I can be surprised. Though considering that I enjoyed The Walking Dead, Batman & Tales of the Borderlands, I'm sure it'll be fine from a story standpoint.

Honestly, I'm more curious about Square Enix's rumored Guardians game.

TDLink

Do you guys still think that this is coming this year? I feel like they've been so quiet.

If they don't show anything, or very little, at E3...then probably not. But right now it very well could still be on track and they're just keeping quiet.

I'm glad THEY ATE

-----

They shouldn't bother with the B tier cast of Ada, Claire or Leon for MVC

82964-youre-very-good-you-gif-you-un-8BDT.gif

#TeamChrisJillWesker

Seems as how most people seem confident that the original versions of characters for Spider-Man etc. will be included over the new ones, how would you all feel if Miles Morales, Sam Alexander and Amadeus Cho were part of a Ms Marvel level 3?

Neoxon

Seems as how most people seem confident that the original versions of characters for Spider-Man etc. will be included over the new ones, how would you all feel if Miles Morales, Sam Alexander and Amadeus Cho were part of a Ms Marvel level 3?
We actually almost got Miles in UMvC3 alongside Peter, so having both Spider-Men isn't out of the question. Though as for Nova, while Marvel was pushing Sam, they started to realize that the fans like Richard Rider more (since he was made into the default Nova in Marvel Heroes & was brought back in the comics), but I honestly think it's 50/50 on the Richie or Sam front (if Nova gets in).

That said, I'd rather have Ms. Marvel (if she's in) be her own thing, with the likes of Sam & Amadeus being alternate costumes for Richie (if he gets in) & Bruce Banner (he's a pretty obvious pick).

Dremark

Banned

I don't have an issue if they are included as a skin or an additional character if they can make the play style unique enough.

I don't think any of them are actually likely aside from Miles and maybe Khan as I'm assuming Carol Danvers is going to continue to be Captain Marvel indefinitely at this point.

However this assumes they actually announce more characters at some point though...

If they pop them in for the level 3 that's cool, honestly fan service stuff like that is a big part of Marvel.

Neoxon

I don't have an issue if they are included as a skin or an additional character if they can make the play style unique enough.

I don't think any of them are actually likely aside from Miles and maybe Khan as I'm assuming Carol Danvers is going to continue to be Captain Marvel indefinitely at this point.

However this assumes they actually announce more characters at some point though...
I honestly think that Ms. Marvel is more likely than Miles since, while you can make Miles unique from Peter, Kamala has to be unique from Carol & has room for a unique moveset. Plus yeah, Carol's gonna remain as Captain Marvel thanks to the MCU.

That said, there's a very real chance that (if we get a Nova in MvCI) Sam may get in over Richard, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Dremark

Banned
I honestly think that Ms. Marvel is more likely than Miles since, while you can make Miles unique from Peter, Kamala has to be unique from Carol & has room for a unique moveset.

That said, there's a very real chance that (if we get a Nova in MvCI) Sam may get in over Richard, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

I suppose it depends how you look at it. I think Miles is a lot more mainstream at this point than Kamala Khan is, but your points stand and honestly it makes more sense for them to put in Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel as separate characters than Spiderman and Spiderman.

Regardless as long as I get the characters I want and the game is good I'm happy.

Neoxon

I suppose it depends how you look at it. I think Miles is a lot more mainstream at this point than Kamala Khan is, but your points stand and honestly it makes more sense for them to put in Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel as separate characters than Spiderman and Spiderman.

Regardless as long as I get the characters I want and the game is good I'm happy.
You could attribute that to Miles being around for longer, but I feel like Kamala is gaining more traction faster than Miles did (I'd have to double check, so don't quote me on this).

Either way, while I do see Ms. Marvel as being more likely than Miles, there's still a chance for Miles to get in (as he almost made the cut for UMvC3).

Top Bottom