• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare to announce how they're going to address ME: Andromeda on April 4th

What was your favorite video game disaster relief program?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, theres a company that actually (without really even receiving criticism when released) goes in again and fixes stuff like animations, scenes, some writting, bugs and even adding more stuff. And thats becuase they actually feel they can do better.

But those guys are CDPR and i dont think Bioware will even try it, nor EA pay for all that stuff. But if they do they have my money in the future.

But now im actually glad my payment dodnt go through and didnt buy the game at the end. So me wrtting my card details wrong saved me of a shitty release, as much as I wanted to enjoy another mass effect.

BradBrains27

Neo Member
I dont think the game is even close to as bad as some think and I dont know if we should be mocking them trying to make it better and listen to fans. isn't this the kinda thing we wanted from the high speed age of new consoles?

not saying we shouldn't be skeptical or totally forgive everything but I dont think them trying to make things right deserve derision

CEJames

And what did they end up doing? In my opinion they delivered amazing content.

Free MP maps
Great DLC

I think Bioware is awesome because they do care

Honestly, if their fix is just appeasing with MP features, free guns/ or maps, then that'll confirm they don't care about the story anymore and I won't accept that.

Is an animation patch really possible tho?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...date/cid=UP0006-CUSA01691_00-MADDENNFL16DLC01

EA gave a free facial likeness update to Madden, so they could make something happen if they wanted to. Edit: Only took a month for them to do this patch.

JoeBoy101

Good fucking grief. Considering the whole No Man's Sky radio silence, God forbid BioWare takes feedback into account and actually corresponds with the Mass Effect community to address some of the game's issues.

I don't think Andromeda is perfect either, but the pile-on is getting ridiculous.

Hey, if Bioware goes radio silent to put out patches the sizes of Hello Games', then I'll keep my piehole shut and shout at other people to be patient.

But the level of brokeness in the game is something I haven't seen in a AAA game for a long time. I can understand Hello Games going quiet given the 'unique circumstances' of their marketing. Ideally, the dev should do what Bioware says what they'll do, which is notify us of what's coming.

I'll be patient until the 4th and see what they say. But it better be meaty. And no DLC yet.

I'm not sure I get how a developer communicating with its players that it is acknowledging and working on a games problems is something to criticize. But i'm sure you were the same posters criticizing Hello games' silence on their games problems, because hey, you gotta shit on something right?
Cause you don't need an announcement to announcement, just tell your base how you plan on going about the fixes since you already know what the problems with the game is as they developed it.

I'm sure they can fix the falling through maps and save issues.

But nobody here should expect a fix of the facial animations. That would be a gargantuan undertaking.

Maybe the eye tracking?

RPGCrazied

I hope they fix some of the PS4 performance issues, FPS is all over the map, and the stuttering at times is annoying. Really hope they address that. See no problem with the story so far, though I'm not far at all, just got the ship. Just fix the bugs and performance issues please.

HvySky

I dont think the game is even close to as bad as some think and I dont know if we should be mocking them trying to make it better and listen to fans. isn't this the kinda thing we wanted from the high speed age of new consoles?

not saying we shouldn't be skeptical or totally forgive everything but I dont think them trying to make things right deserve derision

This is GAF. Overreactions and pile-ons are what we do best. Look at No Man's Sky - that entire situation was a dumpster fire.

J_Viper

vZuN3w9.jpg

Source

Didn't realize the blowback to this game was this big.

I'm guessing it's not selling as well as they wanted either? I could be wrong, haven't kept up after the initial pages of the review thread

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Didnt they cancel a scheduled beta mere days before it was planned to take place? Warning signs were everywhere.

I'm not sure I get how a developer communicating with its players that it is acknowledging and working on a games problems is something to criticize. But i'm sure you were the same posters criticizing Hello games' silence on their games problems, because hey, you gotta shit on something right?
Go in.

April 4th? Mass Effect Andromeda and any other game will be nonexistent to me because I'll be busy playing Persona 5.

Hey, maybe when I get done with Persona 5 Bioware may have some of these bugs fixes.(especially that audio).

SOLDIER

I am so very sick of devs releasing games in a shoddy unfinished state, then send out a "We care so very much about our fans and we will address all of these concerns because the fans give us so much support the fans the fans THE FANS".

I know I shouldn't complain when a developer chooses to (allegedly) fix all the criticisms (theoretically) for free. I just want this to stop being a trend right the fuck now.

They had plenty of people to look at the piece of shit animations without the internet telling them they were shitty.

Weebos

Banned
Interesting, that means they will at least do something.

That said, I've been enjoying the game enough as it is, and I plan to be done with it by then for Persona.

Meia

April 4th? Mass Effect Andromeda and any other game will be nonexistent to me because I'll be busy playing Persona 5.

Hey, maybe when I get done with Persona 5 Bioware may have some of these bugs fixes.(especially that audio).

Game has some lukewarm reception due to not just horrendous bugs that take you out of the game, but also due to writing...

...and you're going to release info on how they're going to fix this on the same day Persona 5 comes out? Are you out your damn minds?! :p

Good fucking grief. Considering the whole No Man's Sky radio silence debacle, God forbid BioWare takes feedback into account and actually corresponds with the Mass Effect community to address some of the game's issues.

I don't think Andromeda is perfect either, but the pile-on is getting ridiculous.

Between August 18th and September 18th, Hello Games released six patches and four blog updates. I can only hope Bioware is that committed.

Edit: Got the blog update dates wrong, those were between August 12th and September 2nd.

Started off not liking the game much, but after the prologue and things open up I'm into it a LOT more. My only things are obviously the faces and glitches, which I've hit some but nothing too bad.

Really enjoying the game but may wait until they do more work on it. That sucks yeah, but I get how hard development is and if they're trying to fix stuff I'll give em the benefit of the doubt for now.

_woLf

They know they did a lot of damage to the Mass Effect brand, whether it was completely warranted or not.

I expect them to put a lot of effort towards making things right with their fans, particularly when they're about to showcase a new IP.

You want Bioware to be associated with listening to fans feedback and working to make them happy when their logo is shown with a new IP. Not with releasing a game in the state Andromeda was released in.

April 4th is certainly and interesting pick for the announcement day. I'm guessing that they wanna keep the focus of core RPG players on ME:A instead of having them give their attention to Persona 5. Not sure how that's gonna work out though. No doubt a portion of core RPG fans would be too busy playing Persona 5 to even care about what Bioware has to say, so it'll be interesting to see how this will all play out.

I don't think casuals really care either way. They'll probably move on to the next big game (like the next Prey or something) by the time Bioware manages to actually release any of these patches, so I think RPG and ME fans are the people Bioware should mostly focus on.

Rozart

I've gotten past the jankiness (although they /really/ need to fix some of the bugs in this game. Just yesterday, Cora was knocked out during a firefight and I couldn't revive her. Even after the fight was over. Had to reload a previous save to fix it.) and I'm enjoying my time with the game now but it still feels like such a sub-par game even when compared to Bioware's previous disappointments like DA2.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...date/cid=UP0006-CUSA01691_00-MADDENNFL16DLC01

EA gave a free facial likeness update to Madden, so they could make something happened if they wanted to.

How long did it take for them to put that patch out btw?

Cheska

They're announcing details on that date, I doubt that's when the actual patch goes up.

I'll doubt I'll even be a fraction done with Persona 5 by the time a patch does go up. Either way, I have the game still sealed because I can't motivate myself to start it knowing some of the issues. I think they should have probably patched it this week.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Gotta love people shitting on devs trying to fix things.

Game is good, but undercooked.

Love to hear they are trying to make it better.

Well, theres a company that actually (without really even receiving criticism when released) goes in again and fixes stuff like animations, scenes, some writting, bugs and even adding more stuff. And thats becuase they actually feel they can do better.
Ah yes, the developers definitely wanted to ship a buggy, unpolished game. Lol

Aselith

Gotta love people shitting on devs trying to fix things.

Game is good, but undercooked.

Love to hear they are trying to make it better.

How is announcing you are going to announce something "trying to fix" things? We're days away...Just announce the thing when you have something for us. The announcement could be that everything was fine with the game. Who knows?

I've gotten past the jankiness (although they /really/ need to fix some of the bugs in this game. Just yesterday, Cora was knocked out during a firefight and I couldn't revive her. Even after the fight was over. Had to reload a previous save to fix it.) and I'm enjoying my time with the game now but it still feels like such a sub-par game even when compared to Bioware's previous disappointments like DA2.
Same thing happened to me with Peebee. The game is fun. But it's filled with problems/bugs.

entremet

I feel many AAA companies need tastemakers to prevent this shit from happening.

Isn't that the director role in a nutshell? I guess the suits wanted the game out ASAP.

Gin

Thank you to everyone who beta tested this brand new game

Sincerely,
Everyone who didn't buy the game

The "poor devs" sentiment, really falls flat when you've waited 5 years and paid $60, for a really buggy game with tons of head scratching design choices.

People shouldn't call out individuals. But they have every right to call out Bioware/EA as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom