• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

LionPride

Banned
Certain characters work as a team character more than a solo character...Victor Stone is one of em

We know it's never coming out, but that Cyborg solo joint still seems stupid. What villains he got? What does he have that you don't just do as a Titans movie?

Generally, it's because he's seen as taking a spot from a more interesting character. And why when talking diversity, they'd want John Stewart GL or Martian Manhunter, who tends to take the form of a black man.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Cyborg ties into JL story better than others. Had they gone with white martians, that'd be a different story.
I can understand this, but cyborg does seem to be interlinked with story as you mentioned.

Because fuck Cyborg with the Justice League honestly. So many better options for the black minority then that boring fuck.

I hate John Stewart GL, put his ass in a movie over Cyborg.

Or ya know, Martian Manhunter.

Or anyone but Cyborg

I see cyborg as a blank slate that can be defined in the minds of the general audience with JL. I understand not getting your favorite can be a disappointment but a lot of the criticism seems petty. (Besides the CG needing​ work, which is true).

Well, for myself, I grew up with a Justice League that didn't have him in it. I understand I'm not getting it, but I'd have preferred GL or the Martian. Cyborg isn't a character I was ever into. He was more my kid's speed (Teen Titans and all that).

Can't really speak for anyone else..
I think the Martian works as he was introduced in the JL cartoon. His presence would make for a different movie, I never really cared for him as he seems as a overpowered character.

Because he is awesome and have a great taste in k7s
I have to Google what k7s. I do hope he's crazy about 🍕 in the film.

Because he's a boring as fuck character, he belongs in the Titans and there's way better options; Martian Manhunter; John Stewart.

If we're on about diversity then why are there no Asian superheroes? why is there only one female? Why do Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Aquaman all have black/brown hair?
Maybe Snyder will make him cool an non boring. We all know Snyder likes to have fun with characters, I.e. Jimmy Olsen in BvS 😂.

On a more serious note, the task on diversity is never finished, I hope these heroes and their solo and group films be as diverse as possible and continue growing the diversity of the casts.

While I don't think Cyborg is a great addition I do have to question why people think the Martian Manhunter is a good idea. He's basically Superman with the ability shapeshift. Cyborg's race might not have been the only factor when it came to including him. His power set is unique among the other Leaguers. And we're likely getting Jon Stewart anyway so I wouldn't fret that one too much. But then again I hear complaints all the time that Stewart sucks so....
I think in the current social climate you can do an interesting story with a black space cop and I hope they do, but I agree with your comments on MM.

Ross61

Certain characters work as a team character more than a solo character...Victor Stone is one of em

We know it's never coming out, but that Cyborg solo joint still seems stupid. What villains he got? What does he have that you don't just do as a Titans movie?
Don't really know how that's true when many other solo characters of his ilk have gotten great runs. You take your time and craft a great world around them.

justiceleagueimage-166332.jpg

Does Icon cries once this scene happens?

That exact shot with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU_w_vUD8s4 and tears would be flowing.

Hawkguy 😂

Sorry Jeremy Renner will never be interesting nor relatable.

Hollywood keeps pushing for it though.

I think Cyborg will be fine as long as you push the human element with him. Sounds like they may do that but honestly, if they played their cards right, both the Flash and Cyborg's stories could be the heart of the film. With so much action and characters to show off, you need that element to balance things out. I really hope Snyder can do that.

jrush64

Banned
People here really need to get over Cyborg being here. He's been part of the Justice League since 2011. Martian Manhunter isn't coming back.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Too bad GL is not in this. Would've liked to see how Snyder presented his powers on screen.

lSr3g3P.jpg

(Allegedly) Snyder on Vero, or some other social network nobody ever heard of, regarding the bat turn. Ignore the cowl and than errors. Or don't. And he means cow.

a916

They can always give him the family approach like with Hawkguy. That worked wonders for him in AoU and made 1000% more interesting and relatable.

Nah man, they took a boring character, and wasted screen time on him trying to do the whole fake out.

When I'm watching the Avengers, Hawkeye and Black Widow are the most boring characters of the bunch because they are just normal people. They are just undercover special agents.

Be mad Cyborg getting the main event push over your favs in 2017, brehs. #AhhYessir #BaleeDat

Actually Aquaman not only looks like the Big Dog. but he is THE GUY of the trailer.

Cyborg is gonna job to a puddle of water as he falls in and electrocutes himself.

IconGrist

It could be recent, but it feels like something from BvS. Snyder doesn't seem that jacked anymore.

Every photo of Snyder from BTS of JL he's wearing like business casual clothing so I'm going to say this is from BvS while staging the first time Supes and Bats are on screen together.

Every photo of Snyder from BTS of JL he's wearing like business casual clothing so I'm going to say this is from BvS while staging the first time Supes and Bats are on screen together.

That too. And yeah, it looks like the rehearsal for the "Do you bleed" scene.

Top Bottom