• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Fitness Pass (paid subscription service)

sangreal

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/z_area51/RFTest/malibu (dead)

z_area51 is the staging area where they test out pages still in development so that is why there are no screenshots and the info is subject to change. Sometimes for whatever reason these pages are exposed to public (just google xbox fitness pass and you will find this page).

The "game" itself is not really surprising, they demoed the functionality at E3 and the xboxfitness domains made the news. I've even posted about this page a few times before (it has been up for at least a few weeks). That said, the page was updated in the last few days to indicate that it is part of a subscription service in the same vein as Xbox Music Pass and I thought that was an interesting development:

Introducing the future of fitness. Experience the world’s best workouts with instant, personalized feedback, right in your home on Xbox Fitness. Train with Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson, P90X, Insanity and more. Optimize every workout with immediate feedback on your form, power and heart rate with the all new Kinect, featuring Muscle Mapping, Power Gauge, and Pulse. Plus, feed your motivation with social challenges. Unlimited access is yours with an Xbox Live Gold membership through November 2014. Only on Xbox One.*

*Some Xbox Fitness content may not be available with Xbox Live Gold, and may vary over time. After November 2014, unlimited access requires a paid Xbox Fitness Pass subscription and an Xbox Live Gold membership (both sold separately). See xbox.com/xboxfitness.

It remains to be seen how exactly it will work but if they actually provide the full p90x etc programs I might be interested. Also, lol at 2 subs required

demo of the muscle mapping from e3: http://youtu.be/bydLSVVuaRM?t=7m50s

bonus: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/z_area51/hub (xbox one demo tour)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Man I would kill for P90X3 on Kinect 2.
EDIT: Oh shit, I didn't even see Tony as the second person! HYPE!
EDIT 2: Shaun T too!

Superflat

A subscription to go with another subscription!

Weirdly, this sort of thing is what I'd like a kinect for.

Mainly because I'm currently doing Insanity and this seems like it'd be pretty neat to have, lol

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
That's certainly a novel idea for how to structure a new service around one of the big strengths of the Kinect.

With that lineup of content though, the service is gonna be pricey for sure.

flkraven

This would be interesting if they atleast included some of the program with XBL Gold, and didn't lock ALL of it behind a 2nd paywall.

sangreal

If you click the arrows it shows different trainers:
21n4aw0.png

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Well it's *free for a year so we'll be able to see if it's worth it or not.

*with Xbox Live Gold

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Unlimited access is yours with an Xbox Live Gold membership through November 2014. Only on Xbox One.*

So if you have gold you get a free year. That's cool.

Honestly if this has programs like P90X and T-25 (being that Tony and Shaun are on there) I'd pay for it.

After November 2014, unlimited access requires a paid Xbox Fitness Pass subscription and an Xbox Live Gold membership (both sold separately)

Yo dog, I heard you like paywalls, so we put a paywall behind your paywall so you can cough up some cash while you cough up some cash.

ironcreed

Banned
All part of the effort to over deliver on value. All of the subscriptions push you to work harder, and thus, burn more calories.

Bsigg12

This is actually really cool if you actually get to go through the full P90x or Insanity program. I'll have to wait for the official announcement before I make a call on possibly needing a second sub.

This'll be great if working as advertised and yeah, as other gaffers have said, the fact that it's free* for a year means you get to try it out for quite some time to see if it's for you or not. Though frankly I think this would make paying for a Live subscription much more compelling if it was free with the service.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
This is one thing Kinect actually DOES excel at, nothing comes close to what Kinect can offer for workout games even with the 360 1.0 version.

DedValve

Banned
This sounds incredible...where it not for the second paid subscription.

Man if this had been included in Gold that alone would have been really enticing, a personal P90X video? Damn son. Damn.

Chinner

Banned
you can pretty much tell that people who buy xbox one will be more successful in life than ps4 owners.

xbox one owners on average will in be a good career earning a good salary (proven by being able to afford an $500 luxury advice with multiple services at a affordable cost). they will on average be better looking and healthy (because they have no problems going on kinect and working out) and they will be more social with the likes of skype.

ps4 owners are fat mommys boys who have to buy the cheaper console because their mommys give them less money to buy with and they're too scared to play online because they have the social skills of a hamburger.

Will it be a problem if the subscription for this per year is less than the price of a retail game?

Hmm people evaluate the value of things differently

If the more expensive programs are really in it and the full 9 yards, then it might be a good feature even with an additional sub

If they require gold on top of fitness to use fitness though

They'd be really bad

you can pretty much tell that people who buy xbox one will be more successful in life than ps4 owners.

xbox one owners on average will in be a good career earning a good salary (proven by being able to afford an $500 luxury advice with multiple services at a affordable cost). they will on average be better looking and healthy (because they have no problems going on kinect and working out) and they will be more social with the likes of skype.

ps4 owners are fat mommys boys who have to buy the cheaper console because their mommys give them less money to buy with and they're too scared to play online because they have the social skills of a hamburger.

wow just wow

Are you being sarcastic?

oti

Banned
I mean if the App is well designed and everything it should cost money. No problem with that. It's just that Microsoft has put so many basic functions behind the pay-wall that I feel like this App should be included as well. But again, we don't know how much effort they put in it, so no judgement yet. This could be really awesome. Fitness games/Apps as services sound promising.

Bgamer90

Banned

Joking.... right?

Tsundere

Banned
Free as PS+ games...

You don't have to pay anything in addition to PS+ for those, with this Fitness program, they're allowing a one year "subscription-free" period which expires in November of 2014.

If you buy an Xbox One before November 2014, and subscribe to Gold, then you can enjoy the fitness program for no additional cost. But starting November 2014, for both existing and new owners of Xbox One, there will be 2 subscription charges, Gold and Fitness.
Joking.... right?
It's Chinner.

Top Bottom