• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam now allows you to permanently remove games from your account.

Echoplx

Looks like you can get games back if you change your mind.

QXDxuJJ.png

Shame that this is still tied to packages, so if you want to remove one game that came with a bunch of others you have to get rid of them all.

DarkCloud

We can do this and yet I still can't sort my tiles so that monkey island 1 and 2 aren't separated by like 90 games. With Monkey island 2 being the first in the list.

Gren

Looks like you can get games back if you change your mind.

QXDxuJJ.png
Ah, at least that makes a little more sense. Just wiping it from your inventory/purchase history for life could be a recipe for disaster (both on the consumer/customer service ends).

Count me in as someone who doesn't understand the purpose of this now that you can hide your games...

Then this thread isn't for you.

I'm sure there are other threads that you can visit to not understand things in. Maybe go to the Halo 5 thread and not understand why people want to talk about Halo 5.

CHC

Wow I've dreamt of this for a while. I've got a lot of clutter - old free games, regretted purchases etc. Good new feature.

nelchaar

Wait, so you get your money back, or at least some pro-rated amount? Why would I just delete a game and lose money?

RobNBanks

Banned
this shit doesnt even work on some games

still got just cause 2 multiplayer in my library.

warhammer 40k retribution that i never even owned, its been there since a free weekend

dc universe with .1 minute played on my profile

CHC

Wait, so you get your money back, or at least some pro-rated amount? Why would I just delete a game and lose money?

If you have hundreds of games, chances are at least a couple are just crap that you don't even want to bother scrolling past ever again. This just lets you do some spring cleaning, nothing more than that.

RobNBanks

Banned
So, does it give you your money back?

no, you would need to refund.

this is for deleting shit like duke nukem forever, bad rats, the phantom pain, warz (or whatever the fuck its called now) or all that humble bundle trash people got for no reason other than getting 10 games for $1

RM8

If you have hundreds of games, chances are at least a couple are just crap that you don't even want to bother scrolling past ever again. This just lets you do some spring cleaning, nothing more than that.
Yeah, I don't get what's so odd about this.

poodaddy

I guess this is a feature that should of always been there, but I honestly don't get the point. I mean why remove the game? Just don't play it. If you got a small credit back for removing it then I'd see the point, but as it stands you literally gain nothing from removing it and it just seems like a generally pointless activity. Don't know, I guess I just don't get it.

commissar

I guess this is a feature that should of always been there, but I honestly don't get the point. I mean why remove the game? Just don't play it. If you got a small credit back for removing it then I'd see the point, but as it stands you literally gain nothing from removing it and it just seems like a generally pointless activity. Don't know, I guess I just don't get it.
Some peeps like things tidy

Dr. Buni

Removed:

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Single Player
Analogue: A Hate Story
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia
Dead Island: Epidemic
Gratuitous Space Battles
Jamestown
Wizorb
Stealth Inc 2

Thanks, Steam!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have 341 titles hidden, so it'll be a while before I get the house cleaned again. Thanks for sharing this by the way.

Edit: Think of it as a donation to a great cause, not because the game(s) are actually bad or anything.

Will this work with the redundant Mac launchers like for GTA and Civilization? Can I also remove the Serious Sam Classic games and keep the HD versions?

Afro

Dear Esther, leave. I didn't get your narrative. Far Cry 3 too. Your characters and story were really dumb.

This is like an OCD only feature to me.

Pretty much, I'd agree with this. I'm OCD. I just nuked over over 200 games and I feel amazing.

Anything that I had another version of on another platform... gone.
Anything I got as part of a bundle I didn't want... gone.
Anything I hadn't touched in years or at all... gone.

I've been waiting for a feature like this for a long time. Now I look at my games list and go "Yeah, I'm down to play any of this stuff." No junk. Beautiful.

Lebon14

Thanks for the tip. I got rid of Dungeon Defenders, There Was An Echo, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream and Beat Hazard. 3 of them I got in a bundle with some other games I wanted and one was gifted to me by accident (Giana Sisters).

A long time ago, I had Counter Strike Source that was bundled with Half-Life 2 and somewhere in time, they all disappeaered... Never played CSS. HL2 (and extensions) scared the f* out of me forever. But Steam was kind enough to remove them for me without me asking. :)

je_ssi e

this shit doesnt even work on some games

still got just cause 2 multiplayer in my library.

warhammer 40k retribution that i never even owned, its been there since a free weekend

dc universe with .1 minute played on my profile
I was just meant with disappointment trying to get rid of this.
Friend wanted me to play this with her a few years ago. Not even friends with them anymore and I didn't like the game much.

That playtime forever there to haunt me.

DC Universe is like a drunken tattoo that I can't ever burn off.

It's forever.

RobNBanks

Banned
I was just meant with disappointment trying to get rid of this.
Friend wanted me to play this with her a few years ago. Not even friends with them anymore and I didn't like the game much.

That playtime forever there to haunt me.

DC Universe is like a drunken tattoo that I can't ever burn off.

It's forever.

its weird, i was able to delete other f2p games.

this one will just haunt us forever i guess

jrcbandit

So annoying, I can't remove Metro 2033 even though I have the Redux edition. The problem is that I bought it with the original version which I was easily able to delete. But then I also own the Humble Bundle THQ collection and the entire collection has to be deleted... Such an useless feature, grrrr.

I also can't remove L4D2 beta because it removes the base game too, same with all the other betas...

What do I look for to remove all the prototypes from Amnesia Fortnight? Searching doesn't find them.

Buburibon

Thanks, OP. That's the best game to ever appear on Steam. I'll sure be playing it later tonight, and getting rid of a decade of unwanted stuff.

It would have been cool if you could gift games from your library that you no longer play or want instead of just deleting them permanently.

Crownjo

Does this remove the game/games listed on your purchase history?

Edit: Never mind. I guess I shall keep my scars!

Top Bottom