• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

please please please please let there be a DC game at E3 and please please Suicide Squad, please please.

I just want confirmation that the Superman game is real. You can have SS this year just PLEASE confirm Superman. Come the hell on, Warner. It's time to step out of the shadow of the Bat.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Theyre just making it dark and edgy with no substance. I really hate it. Why cant heroes fight villains

Because that is boring.

Duhh.

Unless we talking Batman against the Joker. Then it's different.

I just want confirmation that the Superman game is real. You can have SS this year just PLEASE confirm Superman. Come the hell on, Warner. It's time to step out of the shadow of the Bat.

Ha! Poor Icon, living in a fantasy land.
only if they use the Zimmer MoS theme

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
It's tough being a Superman fan, lol.

You will stumble (and all of that yada yada), but WB will never join you in the sun. Locked up in that Bat darkness.

Also, disagree. Should not be that hard. Just make a DBZ game but with Supes instead.

You will stumble (and all of that yada yada), but WB will never join you in the sun. Locked up in that Bat darkness.

Also, disagree. Should not be that hard. Just make a DBZ game but with Supes instead.

Which DBZ game? There are like a billion.

Which are 90% fighting games.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Which DBZ game? There are like a billion.

Which are 90% fighting games.

I want to punch Zod through 20 buildings, gimme a fighting game. You could use the flying around aspect like in Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

But at that point you could just make Arkham Knight but with Supes/Metropolis etc.

Ninjimbo

Netherrealm does good stuff these days. I'll be into IJ2 just for the story mode, but I need WB Montreal to be making an SS or a Superman game to be truly happy.

I just think a Superman game is pretty hard to make.

Yeah of course it's hard.

How resilient to damage do you make him? How resilient do you make the environment? Do you make it open world? How do you maintain the frame rate of flying at top speed with graphics that are up to par? What mechanics do you go with?

And most of all, why wouldn't we just make another batman game instead?

Tabby

At least 2 DC games coming and two DC universes across TV and movies. Oh man I am excited as hell to be a DC fan guys.

Yeah of course it's hard.

How resilient to damage do you make him? How resilient do you make the environment? Do you make it open world? How do you maintain the frame rate of flying at top speed with graphics that are up to par? What mechanics do you go with?

And most of all, why wouldn't we just make another batman game instead?

Blah blah Lex Luthor polluted the air with artificial Kryptonite stuff resulting in Superman being strong but not super op strong. If Injustice can make up some bullshit reason as to why Batman can go up against Superman then I'm sure anyone can do it.

Because we've had a lot of Batman stuff already. We need to make Superman cool.

Ninjimbo

Anyone else remember that 'leaked' picture of a Superman game that made the rounds a few couple of years back? Was that ever confirmed to be a real project? Maybe a JL game?

I don't see why you've gotta rely on some dumbass plot device. Just make him STAS strong, all on his own. Nobody's gonna object. Or rather, some people will object, but those people are assholes and they'd object to just about anything.

IconGrist

As far as mechanics in a Superman game I'm no expert but these are some ideas based on techniques I've seen used in other games:

Flight speed: Once you hit a certain speed you can simplify the graphics. Plus use some blur techniques. In Halo 5 once an enemy was past a certain distance they were basically sprites. I think a similar idea could be used here.

Health: Superman is solar powered so his health bar could be just solar energy stored. Everything you do drains it a bit (especially heat vision) so you'll have to stop and recharge if things are going bonkers. Harder to do when the sun isn't out so the recharge is slower and your expense rate increases.

Environmental health: Similar to the Superman Returns game. Metropolis can only endure so much before you have failed at protecting it. This could be a constant stat the player has to be aware and in control of.

Clark: Instead of Predator mode you can play as Clark doing some Daily Planet reporting. Something along the lines of gathering information and when you have everything then you can get into action as Superman. Maybe include doing interviews like in LA Noire. Use your super sensse to tell who is lying and telling the truth.

Enemies: Any number of things to do here. Humans you have to be careful with because they are so fragile. Harsh in-game penalties for casualties. Robot drones. Alien enemies with better resistance. Yadda yadda.

Plus they can throw in some kryptonite at some point to make things challenging. Causes like a time limit to figure out a puzzle or something before the prolonged exposure causes a game over.

Choice: Here I think is a huge thing to add. Having to choose between two or more problems knowing you can only fix one. Some real potential here to shape the kind of Superman you are throughout the story.

These are just some things off the top of my head tat could work in a potential Superman game. Just takes a development team with a little creativity.

Injustice is fine but they really gotta get an A team on Superman to do it right. The tech is here, it can be done. Taking stylistic cues from MoS/BvS would be excellent since the audiovisual aspects of superman were pretty much nailed, sonic booms off camera when he flies off, the way the heat vision looks and so on.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Environmental health: Similar to the Superman Returns game. Metropolis can only endure so much before you have failed at protecting it. This could be a constant stat the player has to be aware and in control of.

Nah, fuck that. Let'm die, don't care. I would be annoyed if they did it like at.

strafer

imagine a Superman GTA game were you can kill people with ze lazer and break necks and stuff...I would play that game.

Although i don't know how they'd suitably change it, I feel MoS2 should roughly adapt All Star Superman. but don't let Snyder direct it because he'd manage to fuck up the Reagan scene or just a bunch of others.

Or so a mini amalgamation of Superman stories,.

strafer

Although i don't know how they'd suitably change it, I feel MoS2 should roughly adapt All Star Superman. but don't let Snyder direct it because he'd manage to fuck up the Reagan scene or just a bunch of others.

JJ Abrams.

Ninjimbo

I think for a Superman game to work, you have to be able to fly everywhere and through everything. Until they get that single aspect right, you can't move forward with any other concept. You have to be able to do what Cavillman does in the MoS Smallville fight even if you don't want to.

I was thinking that maybe with Crackdown 3's new tech something like that could be possible.

bryanee

I'd much rather a see a live action adaptation of Superman Vs The Elite. Doing that in live action could work beautifully.

IconGrist

I didn't care much for All-Star Superman. It's good but not the end all be all Superman it gets touted as, in my opinion.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'd much rather a see a live action adaptation of Superman Vs The Elite. Doing that in live action could work beautifully.

Directed by Zack Snyder, the one thing he dreamt about but could not go all in.

all of them do actually die and Supes has actually lost it

The glory...the threads and reactions. So beautiful.

Ahasverus

Yeah no All Star please. It hasn't been earned. Also it would rob us from Kingdom Come, which I think it should absolutely be done. Maybe 30 years from now.

Not a fan of the Netherrealm MK/Injustice combat, but I'll say, the new DC logo looks nice in the trailer. And I'm somewhat curious about what story device is. My mind went to Warworld hearing the voiceover and how it's a free for all battle.

Ninjimbo

I didn't care much for All-Star Superman. It's good but not the end all be all Superman it gets touted as, in my opinion.
Yeah, I like All Star as much as the next guy but it's become the standard for a lot of people when it probably shouldn't be.

Raptor

For a Superman game to work they coudl make it open world, literal, the whole world to save, when you are traveling to another continent you just use a fast travel point and have a little mini loading cutscene in where Supes is flying at super speed for 3 seconds then resumes to him arriving.

The game main villian needs to be or Brainiac or Darkseid, I dont care if its too soon for him, a game that works must be made first and then sequels you deal with them later, Darkseid with his parademons invading the world and sidemission you have to clear citys of them and destroy the mother boxes to close them boomtubes, etc.

Throw lots of villians as bosses, bosses are going to be insane, as in in a deserted town throwing buildings and shit happening at the background Battlefield games style.

Combat can be like batman games on foot or on air, it can work and it will have those hit impact effects MOS has.

Flying is easy to do, do it exactly as Superman Returns the game or any flying game out there.

Superman life bar is solar energy but it doesnt deplete, it will deplete normally by taking damage of enemies, you can regain health loss by going up the sky and recharge with the sun, but its not that easy because it will have to be done with no enemies around so you cant spam it.

It will have upgrades like a regular action RPG like Madmax, every level you gain you gain knowledge and combos, more health, etc.

Make it like Batman Arkham City but with Superman, there you got a working game.

Henry Cavill said he would voice superman in a game.

Heres hoping maybe he did in Injustice 2.

Maybe they'll do a DCTV skin and have her voice that version like Amell did in the first one. I'm betting the show is how she got in the game in the first place. Along with Grodd.

It just hit me that there's gonna be a shitload of DLC for this game. Justice League stuff, DCTV, Suicide Squad, possibly DC Rebirth stuff.

Theyre just making it dark and edgy with no substance. I really hate it. Why cant heroes fight villains

Heh, we talking about Injustice or BvS?

a916

They can... and they do. This is the best way to get your Batman vs Superman reasoning and the backstory behind is really cool. It's a video game, we've had heroes fight villains for 80 years.

You can't without answering why he can't just fly anywhere he wants or crash through buildings... that type of freedom and power is hell on game design. Unless you de-power him for some dumb reason, which is also stupid and not muh Superman.

Yager

Banned
They can... and they do. This is the best way to get your Batman vs Superman reasoning and the backstory behind is really cool. It's a video game, we've had heroes fight villains for 80 years.

You can't without answering why he can't just fly anywhere he wants or crash through buildings... that type of freedom and power is hell on game design. Unless you de-power him for some dumb reason, which is also stupid and not muh Superman.

I'd let players do that, but in exchange everytime they crash a building a sign with giant letters with #NOTMUHSUPAMAN should appear in the center of the screen.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'd let players do that, but in exchange everytime they crash a building a sign with giant letters with #NOTMUHSUPAMAN should appear in the center of the screen.

I can support this.

Once you took down like 1000 buildings, you get the platinum trophy. Except instead of the trophy icon, it's Zack Snyders face. The trophy should be called: ''Let's have fun''.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom