• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Odyssey trailer

13ruce

Banned
Super-Mario-Odyssey_2017_09-13-17_032.jpg_600.jpg

Day one if she ever gets a Amiibo.
Rosalina got competition now.

AdanVC

That's it. I'm selling my Wii U and 3DS collection this week so I can afford a Switch with this game. This is like the 3D Mario game of my fucking dreams! That photomode feature has me drooling all over. I'm gonna take a million pictures! Sorry BotW, but I think Mario Odyssey is gonna take the most GOTY awards this year.

Forkball

This game is such a fanservice buffet. The costumes (Mario Paint!), the faux DK stage, even taking control of the Mario letters. I'm excited to see what else they reference.

low-G

I'm glad they went in a fucking weird direction, even though my true dream Mario game evades me. Some day...

I like the Qix Gameboy reference costume / land. Good stuff.

13ruce

Banned
This is the true Mario 64 sequel i always wanted.... Damn i might rank this above my favorite Zelda games after playin.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This game is such a fanservice buffet. The costumes (Mario Paint!), the faux DK stage, even taking control of the Mario letters. I'm excited to see what else they reference.

There has to be an advertisement for Stanley's Extermination Service somewhere in New Donk. That or a visitable greenhouse.

Mael

Ok, after watching the trailer I'm sold.
It's actually deeper and better than I expected.
I don't know if it's going to be huge or not but I can tell it's going to be fantastic.

Come laugh at me for doubting earlier.

I've been on somewhat of a blackout (not on purpose) and holy shit this game is looking so good. I have not been this excited for a Mario game since.....I don't know when!

Snap mode was a pleasant surprise :)

Slime

Banned
Shiveria...

...wait, was Shiva from Final Fantasy not a gender-swapped Hindu deitiy (with random ice powers attached) after all, but a really lame "shiver" pun all along?

Peltz

how the fuck did they plan this game
It's been in development since SM3DW released. It had a long, generous development cycle from the world's most talented studio (yes, and I stand by that statement). And the results show.

Salsa

I'm absolutely astonished at them grabbing their absolute flagpole series and injecting it with the biggest creativity and just... randomness I've seen Nintendo do in a long, long time.

couldn't be more bummed at my inability to afford a Switch in the near future right now, but it's still legitimately great to see.

AdanVC

It's been in development since SM3DW released. It had a long, generous development cycle from the world's most talented studio (yes, and I stand by that statement). And the results show.

Absoluuuutely! They even mentioned that on the video at 5:54: "We've taken great care in creating this detailed sandbox environments for you to explore" When Nintendo brags about that kind of stuff it's because they are no playing around this time and we're going to be blessed with a new masterpiece from EAD (I know they are not called EAD anymore but I forgot their current name lol).

Top Bottom