• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Pew is out with its first job approval poll, and, uh

http://www.people-press.org/2017/02...2&lvl=100&ite=819&lea=173153&ctr=0&par=1&trk=

Approve: 39
Disapprove: 56
I have no idea why the 12th dimensional chess theory has or deserves any credibility.
GOP won't care - just yet - because their people are still supporting him.

6mIXkzB.png
I agree with this. GOP has to be more afraid of the general than their base. Until that happens they remain complicit. That's why GA-6 is so important. Chance to punch outside its weight and instill some fear.

I have no idea why the 12th dimensional chess theory has or deserves any credibility.

I agree with this. GOP has to be more afraid of the general than their base. Until that happens they remain complicit. That's why GA-6 is so important. Chance to punch outside its weight and instill some fear.

We have to win GA-6

studyguy

Feelings of the economey improved lmao

He's threatened tariffs and fucking with free trade deals and I ... I just can't

Unless people are losing their job opportunities, losing homes, retirements, etc right now, they're likely going to feel out the economy based whatever other metric they feel out political opinions.

UberTag

He's threatened tariffs and fucking with free trade deals and I ... I just can't
Feelings don't have to have a basis in reality.
You just have to convince yourself that things are better. Wall Street and Trump's rich friends are all clearly better off, right?

Blader

We have to win GA-6

I tweeted at Favs, Lovett, and Vietor the other day to spend an upcoming Pod Save America on talking about the GA-6 race. It'd be a good place to better get the word out. Not that that did much for Foster Campbell in December, though. :lol

Thinking an OT thread highlighting the race and importance of supporting Ossoff would be a great idea.
Maybe merge it with the other two special elections, since they both have big consequences?

Especially since the Deleware and Washington elections probably would benefit more from people getting involved because of small constituent bases.

TylerD

Everything is terrible and catastrophic. He's going to have to make new words like territrophic and catastrrible when something bad actually happens.

Unless people are losing their job opportunities, losing homes, retirements, etc right now, they're likely going to feel out the economy based whatever other metric they feel out political opinions.

Feelings don't have to have a basis in reality.
You just have to convince yourself that things are better. Wall Street and Trump's rich friends are all clearly better off, right?

I'm over here wondering if he's gonna deregulate enough to cause another housing bubble, cause a trade war and increase my every day expenditures and if he's gonna get us into another ground war while slashing taxes and these mother fuckers out here feeling good.

Ogodei

My dad is a Stephen. He's independent in the Bill O'Reilly model (so, not). Used to "joke" about "solving" the middle east problems by doing stuff like nuking Mecca until you pushed through the crust of the earth and turned it into a volcano.

I legit think that there's something about the name.

My dad's a Steven and is very good about left-wing issues, except for abortion, anti-theism, and criticism of the Catholic Church.

Hindl

I'm over here wondering if he's gonna deregulate enough to cause another housing bubble, cause a trade war and increase my every day expenditures and if he's gonna get us into another ground war while slashing taxes and these mother fuckers out here feeling good.

The average American doesn't know or care about those things until the consequences happen. Once that stuff passes and the regular people start feeling the pain things will turn. People don't give a shit until it affects them personally

JDB

Banned
I think it's interesting that he's only mentioning that he won the electoral vote now and yesterday with Bibi. Has he given up on the voter fraud thing?

tuffy

Gotta say it's a hell of a thing that Trump thinks he's still campaigning.
It's not surprising, though. Unlike every other president I remember, Trump's never transitioned from campaign mode to governing mode. He shows little interest in actually accomplishing anything; he just wants the public to pay attention to him at all times.

Ogodei

It's fair for the moment. Indicators are strong, Fed's signalling first significant rate increase in a decade, stock market stays winning (even the S&P, which is a better metric than the Dow for general health).

It's the most ironic thing that could help Trump retake the whitehouse, if his economic agenda manages to stall for the whole four years, despite his hideous approval ratings. Rarely does the incumbent fail unless we're mid-crisis or post-crisis (or a third party candidate comes by and sucks up enough votes like Ross Perot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom