• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Bonus game:The Staff of Kings PSP/PS2/DS/Wii)

Holy hell, this game is ugly!

If those are the shots that the publisher chose to release, I can only imagine how horrendous the rest of the game looks.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
We've uncovered their new secret marketing trick! Next, we'll see a Monkey Island mini-game collection, where you can unlock one of the old games. And you'll have to buy the sequels to the to get the rest.

That way, they can sell medicore game #34661883, and be sure that everyone buys it because it comes with a good game.

Taker666

I think it looks pretty decent to be honest. Obviously it's not going to look like a PS3/360 game..but it looks better than your average Wii game.

..although I'm assuming it's going to be garbage due to who's making the game. If it gets over 80% I'll be happily surprised.

Taker666 said:
I think it looks pretty decent to be honest. Obviously it's not going to look like a PS3/360 game..but it looks better than your average Wii game.
Wait a minute:

mario2.jpg

tgs-2008-we-ski-and-snowboard-screens-20081007031228383_640w.jpg

super_smash_bros_brawl_212.jpg

11_Wii_Wario_Land_Screenshots_012.jpg

Yeah, you're right.

Sciz

I'm nothing short of astounded that LucasArts is doing something, anything, with one of their adventure games.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
hmm...

ds version has FOA too?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jaded Alyx said:
* Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.
* Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.
* Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!

* For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!

HONOR AND GLORY

Great!!!!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
that trailer was fucking great. there was more indiana jones greatness in that one two minute trailer than in the entirety of crystall skull.

Jaded Alyx said:
* For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!

HONOR AND GLORY
Mother of God! This game will be mine! Indy, I'm coming home! :D

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd laugh very hard though, if it turned out to be the horrible action version of Fate of Atlantis - remember how they always made one adventure and one action version?

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - the Action game

adg1034

Sciz said:
I'm nothing short of astounded that LucasArts is doing something, anything, with one of their adventure games.

Well, including it in a game for these consoles does mean they won't have to do anything with FoA's original resolution, so maybe they're just lazy.

Oni Jazar

StarEye said:
I'd laugh very hard though, if it turned out to be the horrible action version of Fate of Atlantis - remember how they always made one adventure and one action version?

I think they only did that with the Last Crusade. There was only one Fate of Atlantis game.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
StarEye said:

dear god, what have you done? this could actually be the case.

full20040618074016.gif

full20040618073903.gif

RJT

Fate of Atlantis was the only old-school adventure game I finished. Great game for Indy fans, not just adventure games.

How are you going to play in the PS2 version, though?

WAAAAH THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT WHERE'S THE HD GRAPHICS AND THE HDR LIGHTING AND PARALLAX MAPPED PIXEL SHADED INDIVIDUAL BEADS OF SWEAT ROLLING DOWN INDY'S FACE

...Wait a second, you can unlock a game from 1991? SOLD!

Aeana

nincompoop said:
WAAAAH THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT WHERE'S THE HD GRAPHICS AND THE HDR LIGHTING AND PARALLAX MAPPED PIXEL SHADED INDIVIDUAL BEADS OF SWEAT ROLLING DOWN INDY'S FACE

...Wait a second, you can unlock a game from 1991? SOLD!

I was kind of thinking this as I read the thread, too. :eek:

adg1034

Quick, someone with press credentials, to the email machine! This is a matter of life or death, of adventure vs. action, of good bonus content vs. the kind of thing that only serves to remind us how far Lucasarts has fallen since the early '90s!

WE NEED YOUR HELP

BDGAME

This looks like a ugly and not good PSP game. Did Wii owners will want this? If not, I will remove from my topic.

Timber

i don't expect this to be any good, but i'll probably buy it anyway for fate of atlantis, which looks better than this game and in all likelihood plays better as well.

mattiewheels

crowphoenix said:
What am I looking at? @_@
that is the terrible action version of it's respective indy adventure game that lucasarts for some reason decided to put out. here's a link: http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/site/gamedb.php?gameid=38

present-day lucasarts only acknowledging this version sure would be salt in the wound, wouldn't it??

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
BDGAME said:
This looks like a ugly and not good PSP game. Did Wii owners will want this? If not, I will remove from my topic.
znn9sn.png

Haunted

If only I didn't have FoA playable on 4 different platforms already
including Wii
. :/

And concerning the new game... yeah, if those are Wii/PS2 screens, it's clear that it's just a console port from that PSP Staff of Moses game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
adg1034 said:
We Ski certainly is.
The others are all high quality first party efforts. Wii Ski isn't ugly, but it's not exactly pushing the limits of the platform. It's nothing the PS2 couldn't have handled. The XBOX certainly ran rings around it (Amped 2 was 720p, for instance).

CiSTM

Banned
Ugh, looks like crap :(

And I already have Fate of Atlantis so no sale for me... Well actually I'm still waiting for reviews. I really like indy games so there is still chance.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'll buy this game just for Fate of Atlantis on Wii, to show I support their decicion to include it as an unlockable.

They'll have to have it unlocked when you finish the Staff of Kings, though, otherwise I'll never play that game. :D

Shiggy

Is it just me who thinks that the (cancelled?) Staff of Moses for PSP looked much better?

LucasArts should be ashamed for releasing something like this. Quality-wise we should expect the worst.
Still quite sad that the X360 version was cancelled. That game had at least some nice looking backgrounds.

Edit: So the PSP game is something different and not a port of the Wii game? I have never seen any information about A2M developing a PSP version, so it might be Staff of Moses now renamed after the original "Staff of Kings" was cancelled.

anandxxx

Dash Kappei said:
It should've sold 3 copies at the most.
I'm sorry for Gazunta but the chaps at Krome should send back their devkits and never allowed to develop for Wii anymore.
SWTFU Wii is a disgrace for gamers out there:
the best part of the game is the tutorial, the turorial for fuck's sake.
It's without a doubt the shittiest semi-high profile game I've played on Wii since the launch of the system and that's saying a lot.
That's even without mentioning that the graphics get to shame the N64 hardware.
Oh my god the opening Kashyyk level, OMG the wookies... I had trouble sleeping for three days after playing that.

You know, that Tutorial really WAS the best part!! It held such promise...

Top Bottom