• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Sales: 2012 Jul 09 - Jul 15

Kazerei

Banned
Nintendo's earnings are out.

Shipment table

3DS in Japan just about equal to the rest of the world combined.

Hmm. Another negative quarter, which isn't a surprise, but it wasn't nearly as bad as last year's. Will be interesting to see how the Wii U launch goes, and whether the hoiiday quarter can save Nintendo's fiscal year.

guit3457

Things are looking good for Nintendo. They lose less money than last year and they will be profitable again at the end of this fiscal year.

It could have been better but the yen/$ and yen/€ currency are really hurting japanese companies.

I go every year to Japan for 4 years and I remember that the yen/€ currency was 1€=116 yen and right now is 1€=94 yen. The Japanese government has to do something.

2012 Q2 was also expected to be pathetic, and this is true for the entire industry. The biggest Nintendo title was Kid Icarus, with Mario Tennis released in late May (it will be big later this year).

As for the Tecmo game on Nintendo hardware to arrive here... FabStyle?

Michan

But they sold only 20% more software while moving over twice as many systems as the Americas. Must have a good attach rate
for shovelware
here.

Uhh, 3DS doesn't have shovelwear.

it doesn't have anything

Don't ban me, I love my 3DS

Bruno MB

Kirby Special Collection 20th Anniversary - 100,286
Rune Factory 4 - 85,955
Digimon World Re: Digitize - 85,817

Repost comparison lists of RF stat! :D

And of how LBX is doing relative to the other releases as well.

I'm actually shocked that RF4 > Digimon after seeing the 1st day sell-throughs! o_O

Top Bottom