• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic's website & forums hacked

P90

This hackin' stuff has gotta stop. Not from government intervention, but from "just doing the right thing" and self-policing. Open debate should be used for differences, not hacking or violence.

Strike said:
0009ccf4.gif
:LOFL

LQX said:
So are we going to see this in every thread like this from now on because some of you are butt hurt over what some said about Sony? Childish.

Orrrr maybe I think hackers' mentality is kinda wrong?

Nah, just assume I'm a butthurt Sony fanboy.

Tacitus_

P90 said:
This hackin' stuff has gotta stop. Not from government intervention, but from "just doing the right thing" and self-policing. Open debate should be used for differences, not hacking or violence.

Don't forget world peace and and prosperity for all.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
BY2K said:
So:

Sony
Nintendo
Square-Enix/Eidos
Nintendo of Europe
Epic Games

Who's next?
Microsoft is obviously behind this. First they hit their competitors, then made sure Square was hit so hard that Final Fantasy Versus would never see the light of day. Then they remembered Nintendo is in Europe too and hit them. When rumor of a 4th Gears game being multiplatform hit the streets they had to make their presence known. Next? Apple or Google, place your bets now.

Hex

Banned
LQX said:
So are we going to see this in every thread like this from now on because some of you are butt hurt over what some said about Sony? Childish.

Someone who calls other people "butt hurt" calling others childish?
(And in the same motion proving to in fact be at least in some measure "butt hurt" themselves?)
Curiouser and curiouser!

The hacking thing was out of hand long ago, eventually something will get hacked that will affect those who sat around laughing at the drama.
Really going to be irritating if they do find a way to wipe out logs of banned ips or systems.

I didn't get the notification so I went to their site and did a username/password request. Luckily it's on an e-mail alias that I can easily delete and uses a randomly generated junk password.

Everybody getting hacked.

I got an email this morning from Codemaster saying they were hacked as well.

Edit: I see there's a thread for that as well.

DEO3

Well, obviously we have a HACKER in Lincoln Park. He’s climbin’ in your windows, he’s snatchin’ your people up, tryin’ to hack ‘em. So y’all need to hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband cause they’re hackin' everybody out here.

zugzug

Because Epic hasn't been relative to me since UT2k4 I have forgotten what password my forum account name was under. GG you suck Epic.

I hope you crash your exotic red sports car Cliffy and force yourself to buy 9 more.

Check that I posted back when the UT3 PC Beta was going on. Crappy was crappy.

Xavien

So current tally is:

Epic Games
PBS
Nintendo
Sony and Sony... and Sony and Sony yet again
Eidos
Citibank
Codemasters
NHS in the UK
FBI affiliated sites
Whitehat Companies
Lockheed Martin
NASA
Northrup Grummon

I don't think anyone is safe =X

Edited to include Dedication's ones

ferr

zugzug said:
Because Epic hasn't been relative to me since UT2k4 I have forgotten what password my forum account name was under. GG you suck Epic.

I hope you crash your exotic red sports car Cliffy and force yourself to buy 9 more.

Check that I posted back when the UT3 PC Beta was going on. Crappy was crappy.
it's not red

Xavien said:
So current tally is:

Epic Games
PBS
Nintendo
Sony and Sony... and Sony and Sony yet again
Eidos
Citibank
Codemasters
NHS in the UK
FBI affiliated sites
Whitehat Companies

I don't think anyone is safe =X

Wheres Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grummon, NASA?

Xavien

Dedication Through Light said:
Wheres Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grummon, NASA?

I forgot about Lockheed Martin, but others were hacked? holy shit. Why would someone want to hack NASA?

If any of you guys use the same password for many websites, now is a good time to reconsider:

http://www.keepass.info/

Visit and be enlightened.

I now use passwords such as (s(3L)$WLm0Y}vk^@t(= on every website I visit, they're always different passwords for every website, and I never have to worry about forgetting them.

BY2K said:
Why would GAF get hacked?

Because it has a large user database, relates to gaming, they would feel a sense of accomplishment due to "owning" something popular. That's what they work for anyway. All this Robin Hood shit related to sony is just an excuse for them to have fun.

derFeef

cpp_is_king said:
If any of you guys use the same password for many websites, now is a good time to reconsider:

I now use passwords such as (s(3L)$WLm0Y}vk^@t(= on every website I visit, they're always different passwords for every website, and I never have to worry about forgetting them.
Problem is, keepass had an attack a while ago. Nothing happend, but still.
Pen and paper, man! Or brain.

Hex

Banned
cpp_is_king said:

Didn't Keepass get hacked?

Zomba13

cpp_is_king said:
Because it has a large user database, relates to gaming, they would feel a sense of accomplishment due to "owning" something popular. That's what they work for anyway. All this Robin Hood shit related to sony is just an excuse for them to have fun.
Plus I bet there are some hackers out there salty their account hasn't been activated.

Top Bottom