• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July PS+ games in Asia: Strider and Towerfall for PS4.

Hanmik

Asia gets these games..

IX4Rm48.jpg

http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/psn/psPlus#comingOffers

Maybe we get the same games in EU and US..? the last couple of PS4 games have been the same ..

Fliesen

please let EU get the same set of games. pretty please!

but then again, i'm happy about anything that isn't anything i already bought yet. haven't even finished Trine 2 yet, been way too busy
trying to get Pixeljunk Shooter platinum ...

Kilvin

I'd love to get Strider. I've hovered over the purchase button several times but have never pulled the trigger.

GeoramA

I was certain Guacamelee was going to be one of the July freebies.

But I'd be okay with these since I haven't bought them yet.

SnakeEyez

Holy crap I literally was thinking about Towerfall this morning. This would be an amazing month for PS+. So is it confirmed that PS4 will receive two free games from now on? I thought it was only June.

Sigh, great games but it's just further supports the idea that no-one with a Plus sub should be buying digital games day one any more.

As a new Plus subscriber, I think I'm learning that.

$15 bucks for Strider on day one. :/ Nostalgia got me, I guess.

Still haven't bit on Octodad, and I this point I think I'll wait.

Carl

Been meaning to buy Towerfall at some point so that would be awesome.

Strider looks cool too. Would be happy with these.

Varg

Banned
Just bought strider on sale on the bone. I recommend it to all the metroid/shadow complex fans. It's been an absolute blast so far.

H1PSTER

Decided to buy Strider but didn't get Towerfall..

Seeing as I signed up to the service only expecting one game a month I can't complain about Strider being free.

MSMrRound

As a Asia PSN user, it's true that we have been getting the same PS4 titles for "free games of the month", ever since the launch of the PS4 last Nov....so yea...it's a pretty good chance you guys are getting the two titles as well.

T.O.P

Banned
Between this and Games with Gold i'm starting to think that buying 10€-20€ digital titles on D1 is something i should not do

I didn't buy Towerfall because of PS Plus. Excellent news.

Also, yes, I've been playing the Hustle Kings trial on my Vita for ages, glad to potentially get the full game

Slashlen

I was expecting Knack to be part of the instant game collection :(

Don't expect Knack anytime soon. If we still had yearly games, I could definitely see them making Knack a year-long retail title, but since it's all monthly now they won't put Knack up until they're ready to put up retail games on a regular basis. It doesn't make sense to put up Knack for just a month if they're going to go back to PSN games for 6 months after.

As a new Plus subscriber, I think I'm learning that.

$15 bucks for Strider on day one. :/ Nostalgia got me, I guess.

Still haven't bit on Octodad, and I this point I think I'll wait.

Yup, it's a painful lesson to learn.

Octodad is a really good game, but I would definitely recommend waiting a couple of more months for either a sale or to see if it pops up on PS+, which I think is more likely than not.

Between this and Games with Gold i'm starting to think that buying 10€-20€ digital titles on D1 is something i should not do

Agreed.

Fliesen

having bought my PS4 around the time Second Son was released, i have a decent backlog of games that have already been free on PS+.

So whenever i hit a dry spell (looking at you, Mercenary Kings...!) , i can still get Don't Starve, Flower ...

Transistor and Child of Light were exceptions, because i REALLY wanted these games at release and wanted them to do well, sales-wise.
Oh, and Sportsfriends, just because it's such dumb fun.

I'm not sure about Towerfall, I feel like if it was going to be a plus game in the US it would have been in the first month it came out. Or at least it seems like that's how they had been doing it with those indies. If it does turn out to be towerfall, I'm going to stop buying these "indie" games until at least 6 months or so has gone by.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Please let EU be the same. I held off on Strider for One for $10 because my gut told me this would happen right after.

ekgrey

This would definitely be okay with me. Haven't played Towerfall but been interested in some local multiplayer recently. Strider demo was fun but not something I'd likely buy without a hella discount so I'd be happy to check it out.

What I really want though is that Mind Zero on Vita. *_*

$h@d0w

If you check the link now, the PS4 games have been removed.

I think this list isn't final and they are still tweaking things.

Top Bottom