• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limbo of the Lost stole from Oblivion, Morrowind, UT2K4, Diablo, Silent Hill, more?

Tntnnbltn

Xabora said:
2k3nzm.gif

:lol
When the camera angle changes it's the same background but zoomed in more. :D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Skeyser said:
If anyone want to try and find other games within LOTL, here's the ~240 backgrounds used in the game :

http://files.filefront.com/Limbo+of+the+Lost+Backgrosrar/;10729116;/fileinfo.html

Filefront renamed the file from backgrounds to backgros, name was too long I guess.

I took a quick look through the backgrounds and didn't recognize anything new. There must be more, though; I can't imagine them going to all this effort to steal backdrops only to actually make a few themselves.

I'm actually kind of surprised about how cohesive the game looks, actually. Sure, there are some glaring things like the subway and what appears to have been, in its original context, an alien spaceship, but overall each location actually kind of works.

Anyway, due to the developers' absence, I think we should start creating excuses for them, I'll go first: much like early hip-hop, using snippets of culturally relevant media is a concept protected by fair-use. Limbo of the Lost does not replace the experience of playing any one game it borrowed from but instead builds its own narrative using familiar callbacks, which, much like literary play on words or double entendre, grant new meanings to ostensibly unassuming locales.

plovie

You know, this would be the coolest game ever if it was about a guy who could travel
between different video game worlds.

Ryusei said:
So it took 3 people to create this game? AND they're making a sequel? /facepalm
That's exaclty what I wanted to post now :D

Steve did all the stealing work himself and so they only where 3 people :D

Raide

So...how come nobody was racing to snap this baby up for exclusive console rights? :lol

All we need now is a group of people to take the Limbo game, rip out everything, remake it by changing a few voices/backgrounds etc and re-release it. Limbo of the Gaf. Do eet!!

Top Bottom