• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Beyond Good & Evil 2 needs more hardware power to run

S1kkZ

even if they finally get next-gen hardware, what makes them think ubisoft will give them the budget to make their vision come true? doing a AAA game on current gen systems is already super expensive.

WARP10CK

Banned
Need more powerful hardware really ?? if ubisoft could port their games properly then I would bet any pc less than two years old could run this game.

Shiggy

Just found the chopper from the end of the trailer:

bge2x2kj3.jpg

This one it is:
vlcsnap-2012-05-05-14ukyaf.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Need more powerful hardware really ?? if ubisoft could port their games properly then I would bet any pc less than two years old could run this game.

When Ubi and indeed virtually every other publisher says they need/desire "more powerful hardware", they're referring to consoles, not the PC.

Pooya

@Shiggy, do you have that 2009 trailer at that high quality (going by the screencaps)? can you share the video because everything out there is quite low quality. thx

Easy_D

never left the stone age
When Ubi and indeed virtually every other publisher says they need/desire "more powerful hardware", they're referring to consoles, not the PC.

They ought to just have it developed for PC-hardware in secret and then "downport" it to the next gen consoles. I mean PC to Console ports seem to be a pretty dope idea going by Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2, both of their console counterparts look fantastic.

Sentenza

They ought to just have it developed for PC-hardware in secret and then "downport" it to the next gen consoles. I mean PC to Console ports seem to be a pretty dope idea going by Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2, both of their console counterparts look fantastic.
It's not like your suggestion doesn't make sense. It does.
The problem is that we are talking about Ubisoft, here.

i-Lo

As there's not much else, I took some screens from the initial trailer...
bge32tj4q.png

Wow, she can turn partially invisible!

Looking at the screen caps I really wonder if they needed future console tech. Looking at the vid it looks like it's running at 60fps with motion blur. Given that 60 fps is not an imposed limit on the next gen system, I see the game sacrificing the feel in motion for the sake of more detail.

Wow, she can turn partially invisible!

Looking at the screen caps I really wonder if they needed future console tech. Looking at the vid it looks like it's running at 60fps with motion blur. Given that 60 fps is not an imposed limit on the next gen system, I see the game sacrificing the feel in motion for the sake of more detail.

The video is without a doubt a conceptual proof of concept trailer using assets from the game. But it's not the actual game running in any capacity, just a pre-rendered "we want it to feel and look like this" video used for internal use primarily.

EGM1966

Sounds good and makes sense. Pity we're talking about Ubisoft here.

Shiggy

Really cool. I really don't know how you got that one. I wonder if these Alpha guys still play a role in this game.

Had it on my PC for years and, while I saved it back then, I was never quite sure whether it was definitely related to this project. Only now I took a closer look at the trailer and noticed that exactly this model appeared in there.

MNC

Where and how did you get the first screencap? Moreover, where. I don't recognize it from the trailers.

Haunted

If Shiggy shares something with you, you don't ask where it's from. You say "thank you, sir" and go your way.

wrowa

Highly likely.

Especially considering Ubi is really pushing to be the number one 3rd party on the Wii U. This could be one of those "Unannounced" 3rd party titles that are hiding out til E3 for the Wii U.

Ancel said at last year's E3 that he doesn't regard the Wii U as a next-gen platform, so I don't think it'll be all that likely at all. If the current rumours are true (and the Wii U only slightly more powerful than Xbox 360 and PS3), I also doubt that the Wii U will be advanced enough to run the game that's not possible on current-gen platforms.

Ancel said at last year's E3 that he doesn't regard the Wii U as a next-gen platform, so I don't think it'll be all that likely at all. If the current rumours are true (and the Wii U only slightly more powerful than Xbox 360 and PS3), I also doubt that the Wii U will be advanced enough to run the game that's not possible on current-gen platforms.

Exactly, last years E3. Things have changed since then, dev kits have gotten quite a boost from what was originally at last years E3. He was in a interview more recently, and while didn't really comment on its power, he sounded somewhat excited about it.

We realized that Ubisoft wants to give its strong support for the new Nintendo console. What do you think of the concept of U Wii?

I am excited about the Wii U. They have great new features with the touchpad and NFC capabilities that can be very interesting to the gameplay - for example, the combination of using the pad and controls simultaneously. I think E3 will be a great opportunity to see how it all comes together.

http://www.glitch.cl/2012/03/glitch-entrevista-a-michel-ancel-creador-de-rayman/2/

Also, if Nintendo wants to "capture" the core gamer back like they claim, and gain 3rd party support back, like they claim, they almost have to have a final system thats going to be capable of running all next gen 3rd party games, the same exact games that will be running on ps4/720 hardware. They really don't have any choice if they really want to do what they say they're doing.

martoonz

Neo Member
"uncharted" rehash chloe as main?, shut up and take my money

there are PC, you have power! so do enlighten me and take my money.
a gamer play titles where there are without platform choose.

Empty

that said i i like to think* that uncharted borrowed from beyond & good and evil what i call single player co-op. where you regularly play through missions alongside an a.i controlled character (pey'j - double h) with whom the lead exchanges light hearted dialogue during the gameplay. it's a really good way to add personality to a game and make you more attached to the other characters.

*this probably isn't true, there's other games that do this

Top Bottom