• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Line_HTX

qBMXdWa.gif

I mean, oh dear, I hope he's ok.

Max ought to be in Concussion Protocol. Those pucks to face are never fun.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Claude Julien compares Artturi Lehkonen with Loui Eriksson, but says he's got more offensive potential because of his speed.
☺️☺️☺️

Lehkonen finishing with the most goals by a Habs rookie since 2005

Futureman

Who's that Pens fan last year that ate the weird potato chips during every game? Start it back up!

Can't believe it's already playoff time again.

Solo

I don't buy it, but allegedly AGally is on the 4th line to feast on the Rags 3rd and 4th lines/3rd defense pairing.

Anyways, I just filled out my hockey pool.

I have Ducks beating the Caps (yes, this is the year they don't choke) 4-2 for the Cup. WCF of Hawks/Ducks, ECF of Caps/Habs.

PillarEN

I'm so glad I'm done with Zelda. That game was ruining my life and I couldn't stop playing it. I'll probably go back and finish up any side missions I may have missed. Did all the shrines.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm so glad I'm done with Zelda. That game was ruining my life and I couldn't stop playing it. I'll probably go back and finish up any side missions I may have missed. Did all the shrines.
Part of the reason I dont want to finish it yet is because I know ill probably just start a new game right after im done. :lol

I wish I had brought my Switch today though. Ive had absolutely nothing to do at work. Thank fuck for MLB.tv on my phone.

Socreges

Banned
We were a Zelda OT for like a week last month.

Still playing it btw.
Same. I've still only got 2 of 4 divine beasts and have only about 2/3 of the map uncovered, but I've done a lot of side quests and spent plenty of time in Hyrule Castle.

I was addicted for a bit but now I'm just too busy. I've played maybe 1 hour since Friday. 😞 Hopefully can play some over the long weekend

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't buy it, but allegedly AGally is on the 4th line to feast on the Rags 3rd and 4th lines/3rd defense pairing.

Anyways, I just filled out my hockey pool.

I have Ducks beating the Caps (yes, this is the year they don't choke) 4-2 for the Cup. WCF of Hawks/Ducks, ECF of Caps/Habs.

Going after the third line makes sense. Grabs-Hayes-Miller are incredibly dynamic offensively, but they tend to bleed shots defensively. They are constantly looking for an advantage to try to pounce and counter back up ice, but that makes them pretty susceptible in the defensive zone. If they read wrong and go too aggressive, it creates grade A scoring chances for the opposition.

Going after the third pairing, however, is probably not the same level of advantage. You would be better off targeting our 2nd pairing, where Staal and Holden tend to sit flatfooted and use their sticks to try and make plays, frequently allowing a skilled skater to dance circles around them. Galchenyuk could have a field day against them. The bottom pairing, on the other hand, has our best D-man not named Ryan McDonagh in the form of Brady Skjei and a perfectly capable defensive defenseman in the form of Brendan Smith. And even though Skjei is a rookie, you're not going to be able to take advantage of his inexperience. He played top minutes in the playoffs last year against the Penguins, where he was one of the very few bright spots of that campaign, so this isn't new to him.

Speaking of Brady Skjei, the only defensemen in the NHL to finish the season with more even strength assist than him? Duncan Keith, Erik Karlsson, and Brent Burns.

After this season, Matt Martin is one of 11 NHL forwards all time to play 82 games and score less than 10 points.

Good thing he's anchored to our 4th line for 3 more years.

yyzjohn

Banned
After this season, Matt Martin is one of 11 NHL forwards all time to play 82 games and score less than 10 points.

You have to dig deeper than that. After this season Matt Martin is one of 11 forwards to play 82 games and have a real gud pro factor of over 10.2RGP, the second highest real gud pro factor all-time is 9.8RGP.

Marvie_3

Banned

Desjardins would have done that this year if he had played every game. Only 1 point in 46 games. Theres no way he would have gotten 9 more the way he played this season.

Top Bottom