• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
dont look at me, i dont normally collect the anthro stuff. >_>

Lest we forget:

CWlxs.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ugh this is some weird pony shit
It's because pony threads are just like bad anime threads.
Only takes a little bit of something and then it all goes to shit for a few pages.

It's just people prodding people who are more sensitive about this stuff, and not the actual obsessed fans. I hope.

Darte

OhCelestiaWhy.jpg

Some cute to balance things out:

20_and_8_final_by_thelivingmachine02-d4qkntd.png

and_don__t_it_feel_good_by_zicygomar-d4qn310.png

and something random (click for bigger):

[url="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DKUoAm2r2QM/T0bBWyikSLI/AAAAAAAAgTI/qgFr5845_FI/s1600/137086+-+artist+whitediamonds+commission+parody+pinkie_pie+rainbow_dash+Tron+tron_legacy.png]
137086+-+artist+whitediamonds+commission+parody+pinkie_pie+rainbow_dash+Tron+tron_legacy.png
[/url]

Ikael

A cool story that I wanted to share with you guys:

My little 5 years old nephew got a MLP toy from his happy meal. His initial reaction was "this is a girl's toy so I will give it to mommy as a present" * looks into it more closely * "heyyy, this is from the cartoon that I watches with my uncle! *huggles Rainbow Dash toy * "now it's mine!"

I amost died from the concentrated NNNNNGHHHHHH. This show is a kick in the nads of gender roles, and I love it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

My little 5 years old nephew got a MLP toy from his happy meal. His initial reaction was "this is a girl's toy so I will give it to mommy as a present" * looks into it more closely * "heyyy, this is from the cartoon that I watches with my uncle! *huggles Rainbow Dash toy * "now it's mine!"

I amost died from the concentrated NNNNNGHHHHHH. This show is a kick in the nads of gender roles, and I love it.

And best of all, he got the best pony.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
RXZuu.png

Awesome story. Good to see pony love transcends gender AND ages.

I remember getting toys for going to fast-food places. I can't remember how long ago that was, at this point. I don't even think my brother (who also likes this show) goes for the Happy Meals anymore...

Scirrocco

I remember getting toys for going to fast-food places. I can't remember how long ago that was, at this point. I don't even think my brother (who also likes this show) goes for the Happy Meals anymore...

It was about a year ago. And good news, theres more coming out soon. Bad news: They're from mcdonalds, where real food goes to die.

No it wasn't. I wasn't into this show until around the point bin Ladin died, sometime around when S1E25 "Party of One" was first airing (man, was that a surreal weekend). I hadn't gotten a toy from a fast food joint for many years by that point.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
It was my neice's fourth birthday last weekend. I didn't really know what to get her, but I got a tip that she watches ponies and ended up getting the Pinkie Pie with RC car. I didn't think it would be a big hit, but apparently she has gone through 3 or so sets of batteries. And here I was thinking a little girl wouldn't care for a RC car. At least it's more fun than the train set I figure. Don't know what they were thinking there.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
No it wasn't. I wasn't into this show until around the point bin Ladin died, sometime around when S1E25 "Party of One" was first airing (man, was that a surreal weekend). I hadn't gotten a toy from a fast food joint for many years by that point.

Indeed it was, between that and the Royal Wedding. Watching "Party of One" right after it aired was a nail-in-the-coffin moment for me.

That weekend also inspired my first .gif

9RXjb.gif

It's like, one minute I'm working through TNT: Evilution from Final Doom, the next I'm watching a Season 1 episode, and then somewhere in the middle of flipping between those two activities, bin Laden gets killed. Just a weird experience all-around, that.

It's just as well there isn't, honestly, since work asked me to come in this weekend. Again.

They've been doing that a lot, really. Started around S2E8, "May the Best Pet Win!", and kind of got ridiculous the day they aired S2E13, "Hearth's Warming Eve". I didn't get home until 6AM the next morning, watched that episode while the sun was slowly rising, and pretty much immediately went to bed. Man, another surreal weekend, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom