• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
Reality Check: The amount of people that imported is a very, very, very small number in the grand scheme of things.
and the amount of people that bought Little King's Story was abysmal (small market for any type of game like that). Xenoblade will tank in NA and NoA will have another rant to shit on everyone.
This might be for the best actually. Individually, NA and EU sales (for these type of games) must be low. But when added together it should be pretty decent. Atleast in that case, we'll always have games published in one English region for the rest to import.
Pretty much. Its better to add a few thousand to the euro pool than it be its own region.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
"The best RPG on a console since Chrono Trigger."

That's some mighty big praise.
He said on a Nintendo system. That's his opinion of it, but more importantly the review highlights both the positives and the negatives.

So with The Last Story coming in late February or early March to Europe, when is the US getting it?

Same time I bet, or close to it. It'll be the only one of the Rainfall trinity that NOA gives a full release and promotion. In the process they'll also screw over Xenoblade Chronicles that releases a month later at one retailer, which seems like a classic NOA move.

I don't think we'll get Pandora's Tower.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
and the amount of people that bought Little King's Story was abysmal. This game will tank in NA and NoA will have another rant to shit on everyone.

Maybe the release of Xenoblade is more of a stop-gap filler instead of what they predict to be a million seller, after NOA promised 'never to let a drought like that(2011) happen again'.

If they keep their sales expectations in line, it probably won't be a failure. But it won't be Skyward Sword. Think more along the lines of MHTri.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
This game will tank in NA and NoA will have another rant to shit on everyone
Reality Check: Whatever the game sells in NA, it'll be better than nothing.

It's already localized, they've (apparently) got a retailer deal in check for double promotion, it's a no loss situation.

Next up. PS3 Tales of Vesperia!
yeah right

In regards to Xenoblade if this means more people get to play this awesome game then it's great news though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
"The best RPG on a console since Chrono Trigger."

That's some mighty big praise.

It is considering there's been more than a few I'd rank above CT. Nostalgia and such doesn't hold as much weight with me on CT. I love that game like everyone else but it's been surpassed in different ways by other games.

MechaX

Happy I waited for superior American version!!

You can keep your American version which will no doubt be filled to the brim with Johnny Bosch, Yuri Lowenthal, and Laura Bailey. I'll continue to relish in the superior British Dub.

But seriously, kinda too little, too late, NOA. Most of the people who gave a shit imported and fully completed this 60+ hour beast already. Good for the people who didn't import, but I know this is going to be used as an excuse later on down the line; "Well, we gave you your hardcore game but you didn't buy it!"

Deadbeat

Banned
Reality Check: Whatever the game sells in NA, it'll be better than nothing.

It's already localized, they've (apparently) got a retailer deal in check for double promotion, it's a no loss situation.
Except it might not cover costs of distribution because sales will be so low.

btw, saying Reality Check in your posts come off as condescending bullshit.

Orayn

You can keep your American version which will no doubt be filled to the brim with Johnny Bosch, Yuri Lowenthal, and Laura Bailey. I'll continue to relish in the superior British Dub.

But seriously, kinda too little, too late, NOA. Most of the people who gave a shit imported and fully completed this 60+ hour beast already. Good for the people who didn't import, but I know this is going to be used as an excuse later on down the line; "Well, we gave you your hardcore game but you didn't buy it!"

No Steve Blum as Dunban, no sale!
This is only partially a joke. I would actually really like Steve Blum as Dunban if they did an Americanese dub.

Cwarrior

tumblr_lr4ar8kZsj1qkreni.png

Levyne

Banned

Don't forget Troy Baker, Michele Ruff, and

thumbnail.aspx

FoneBone

There's no way they're going to do a new dub for a what will assuredly be a very limited print run.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
So, if this photo is real, I should be able to put down a deposit this evening, right?
That's actually not a bad idea. Anybody that can drop by a GS on the way home from school or work today should and ask about it.

If it's in the system, they will take your money, LOL.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OPERATION RAINFALL WAS A SUCCESS AFTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! NOA aren't complete shitbags after all! Pigs flying, sky falling, cats and dogs living together!

Now Xenoblade can be GOTY for three years running.

Ha ha, very true.

UberTag

I hope it sells well enough that NoA considers bringing more titles here. Seriously, the Wii is a wasteland next year..

Also, question to those who imported the game: Would you buy the US version just to support it?
I will. Would be hypocritical not to although my loathing for Nintendo of America still remains.
When it comes to acknowledging their passionate fans, adapting to trends in the marketplace (online infrastructure) or even backing up their own promises, it would be nice if they weren't so... very... slow... to... react.

I'll be sure to buy it even though I have the European version.

I hope this indicates Nintendo of America's willing to do limited print runs now, and maybe even share localization costs with Europe (to cope against the damage inflicted by the exchange rate) for the niche games that deserve it. These are not guaranteed hits, which is the kind of game NoA seems to only care about nowadays, but they are cheap, generate goodwill, and may even become sleeper successes.

Deadbeat

Banned
Stop trying so hard, it's not as endearing as you think it is.
NoA is screwing over the market that was hammering for this game. They got it by other means. Any mainstream appeal has been tarnished with the lackluster showing of jrpgs this generation. This game is not going to sell gangbusters and it will just make the next speed bump to get another JP-only game imported even harder.
I think you're overestimating the cost of distribution.
Gamestop wants to make their share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom