• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Will Be Out This Holiday For ‘All Home Consoles,’ Leaked Poster Says

Hopefully it's released on Wii U (and isn't a crappy port). I'll be picking one up end of the year so I'll be playing it on that. If not, I'll just wait until end of 2014 to play it on the PS4 for bomba prices.

jmizzal

I honestly thought this game would require more time in the oven. I wonder how will it measure up to the conceptual video.

At E3 last year they said it had been in development for 2 years, so it has been worked on for a long time.

Crawl

After sales of far cry 3 on PC, will ubisoft finally get their head out of their ass and release all their PC games day and date with the console versions?

Bullza2o

Good thing my N64 still has its expansion pack installed!

That aside, I did not expect this to be released this year. Nonetheless this is great news. One of my most anticipated games, also because it's located in CHICAGO!

I will get this for WIIU if it comes out for WIIU lol

Right here.

lefantome

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

it is me or when he collides the foot with the taxi makes the car bump? rotfl

rouken

it better be released this year, announcing it at E3 last year was an indication its a launch period title for next gen. ubi likes to do something like that.

i really wonder how much of that is going to be scripted.

if anything, i think it would be a much more elaborate uncharted with the scripted sequences and cinematic setpieces being manipulated by the player with the hacking device.

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

it is me or when he collides the foot with the taxi makes the car bump? rotfl

Pretty sure you've done this before. Apologies if not.
This is a game; we've seen things like this before and for yonks. We will always see this sort of stuff.

Next? This was an early version, working on how the character finally interacts with the world is the important part.

lefantome

Pretty sure you've done this before. Apologies if not.
This is a game; we've seen things like this before and for yonks. We will always see this sort of stuff.

Next? This was an early version, working on how the character finally interacts with the world is the important part.

me? it's the first time I see this.

It's a fun fact, not a critic of a small glitch in a game under development 18 months away from completion.

Halo 4, Uncharted 3, God of War 3, Beyond: Two Souls, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

You're comparing linear first person shooters and action games to it. Look at open world games only.

RDR doesn't come close to it, I can't see how anyone can come to that conclusion.

Except that WD is a game designed with next-gen specs in mind unlike NFS Most Wanted.

The Wii U will look nowhere close to the PS4/720/PC versions.

He never said it would.

EDIT: Seems to me some people need to watch the actual Watch Dogs video instead of trying to judge from GIFs.

Portugeezer

Halo 4, Uncharted 3, God of War 3, Beyond: Two Souls, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

You said average, but you list the best looking console games. You also are comparison corridor shooters, linear ass games to open world game like Watch Dogs.

WD comes out on top regardless, but the only good comparison there is RDR which is set in an empty wasteland and not very impressive compared to WD.

Holidays for Wii U means Mario (Kart) = large boost to userbase = Ubisoft happy to port it?

Why would they stop? My guess is if it's coming to Wii U then they have been working on Wii U version for some time, no reason to scrap it, they still supporting the system (hell even Rayman is technically supporting the system despite the shitty delay)

AOC83

Banned
No, and that's the only legit comparison.

Doesn´t even matter which one you take, all f them get blown away by Watch Dogs. Much higher poly count, much better iq, better effects/lighting, animations, more moving objects on screen, depth of field etc.

You said average, but you list the best looking console games. You also are comparison corridor shooters, linear ass games to open world game like Watch Dogs.

WD comes out on top regardless, but the only good comparison there is RDR which is set in an empty wasteland and not very impressive compared to WD.
I said average AAA games, of course they're going to be the best-looking.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I really think that the Gamepad as a hacking device might get a great implementation. Just look at the "god mode" in the NFS. Touch to switch the traffic lights, touch to interrupt communications ... should be the right thing to do. I am getting this on Wii U if it will be available.

As for the game not being cross-gen, you really think Ubisoft will make this game with quite a large budget (being in development for 3 years already) available only on 2 consoles with a total installation base of maximum 2 million people (more realistic figure is probably 1.2 - 1.5 million)?

Am I the only one who really hates the main character of this game, based on that E3 video? It's like if a dude who wears fedoras wrote fan-fiction about himself.

iavi

Sleeping Dogs on PC looks nice from what I've seen, but on consoles it's ugly.

GTA V looks nice, but you can tell it's a 360/PS3 game. Doesn't look as nice as that initial Watch Dogs video.

Yeah, GTAV looks ugly. I don't know why they were showing off 'glamour' shots as if anything from that game is technically impressive nowadays.

Sleeping Dogs on PC is basically what I expect Watch Dogs to look like, but with a bit more consistency. There are areas in it that look straight next-gen, especially when the weather effects get to work, and then you have those that say it's very much an obvious console port. The models for the focal characters are always ridiculous, though.

whitehawk

Banned
I said average AAA games, of course they're going to be the best-looking.
You can't compare it to games like Halo 4 though. GTAIV and Saints Row are the best comparisons, and Watch Dogs looks generations ahead of those games.
And? PC and PS4/720 versions will be the same, and be downgraded to run on the 360/PS3.

Top Bottom