• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Caim

Is this game good

Someone post impressions of the first few hours when they get into it

EDIT: Oops wrong quote.

From what I played on the JP version there was an area where you teamed up with other people against bosses (Ifrit from X, Hecatonchiere from XIII (probably spelled that wrong) etc.) and you get stuff like their cards.

Played for 10 munutes and deleted, gotta say it bored me...a lot.

I did the same thing. I really tried to enjoy it, but the tutorial absolutely put me to sleep and then I got lost in menus and stuff that I had absolutely no interest in doing. I can see where this might appeal to some people, but it turned me off right away.

I'll go back to Brave Exvius, which has its hooks in me for some bizarre reason I can't begin to fathom.

Lol I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan so I'm gonna give Unchained a good shot.

I was enjoying Record Keeper but it's my first gatcha game and I found some of the systems in it a bit confusing. After playing for six months I went into the OT and hadn't got a clue what most people were talking about.

I'd like to at least finish the Classic dungeons in Record Keeper but I'd love to start Mobius as well as the artwork looks gorgeous.
I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, but Unchained is kind of crappy and kind of nasty about wanting/needing you to spend money on it (in comparison to other gacha games I've played, at least).

Anyway, if you're ever interested in going back to Record Keeper, hit me up over in the |OT| and I'll explain anything you need explained.

doesn't strike me as a very interesting game so far tbh

i was expecting the OST to be the best thing about this game, and it is

SE's mobile efforts just aren't for me i guess

I like it so far, I like the choice to do things as they open up.

Dude you barely do anything and the Knight reveals himself as Garland? Really? Geez menacing knight with a big sword I wonder if you're bad.

Every single menu has a completely different layout, and there are a billion different mechanics to learn all with ridiculous names. Yep, it's definitely a final fantasy game. I'm also enjoying it so far, especially after the "much dying" moogle =)

Graphics look much better now that I've found the resolution options, but textures are still... yeah. Also, does anyone know what an Extranger card does or how I should use it? This game literally gives me nothing to go on.

aett

I'm guessing that we get different starting rewards than the JP version, since that rerolling guide says that we can do our first job gatcha pull right after finishing the tutorial. Even with all the preregister/facebook bonuses, I don't have enough summon tickets or magicite to do a single pull.

i dislike how the game constantly needs a connection, but I guess that's the name of the game these days

probably increases the render scale, as it seems it's rendering the game in lower resolution than native on most ios devices

Yeah with regards to the constant connection... You think this is a data hog?

Hopefully someone can do some testing

//ARCANUM

What are the micro-transactions like in this game? Is it going to be that "you don't have enough crystals to keep playing buy more crystals here" type of thing?

Quonny

What are the micro-transactions like in this game? Is it going to be that "you don't have enough crystals to keep playing buy more crystals here" type of thing?

Seems to be more a Granblue kind of thing where premium summons make a difference but 90% of your strength comes from actually playing the game.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at this without immediately thinking of the fan backlash to the main guy's initially more revealing costume, but I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Yogg

Confirmed: the monthly bundle is 3000 magicite as opposed to the 1500 in JP. That's 25 bucks.

Still going through the early leveles, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much time in the game so far. Stuff is all over the place as far as UI, progress, upgrading, and even gacha pulls go.

There are so many gacha pulls options.

Joqu

Confirmed: the monthly bundle is 3000 magicite as opposed to the 1500 in JP. That's 25 bucks.

Still going through the early leveles, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much time in the game so far. Stuff is all over the place as far as UI, progress, upgrading, and even gacha pulls go.

Yeah, I'm incredibly confused by the cluttered UI and abundance of gameplay systems. Top notch presentation as expected, but this is really killing my interest in the game. Wish it was a paid app with more straightforward design.

Goli

I've played up to Chapter 4 of the Japanese version, and I don't think the tutorial is very engaging... or the first chapter for that matter. It's a bit of a slog but after clearing the first chapter, the game feels a lot more 'open' with new jobs and abilities, as well as the better tempo of the battles.
Been trying to log in the international version but after downloading I've not been able to.
Also...
The moogle... well...

Razmos

Got an endless connecting message after doing the job change tutorial, waited about 10 minutes before restarting the app and now I can't get past the white Square Enix screen

Shouta

Assuming that the overall setup for the game remains the same, Magicite will actually be farmable to a degree. JP version has drops for them in dungeons. They're semi-rare but you can earn quite a bit as you progress. It's only 20 magicite per drop usually but it adds up after awhile.

Having played mobile games for a couple years now, I've found my sweet spot is three at a time. As in I don't have the time to keep up with more than three of them at a time.

Currently playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper, FF Exvius, and Pokemon go. I'm kinda in to deep with those three to drop any of them. Reading impressions in this thread for Möbius is not making me want to start it up, but I'm assuming this game is a time sink commitment like all the others. Is it correct to assume that?

Honestly the narrator made me cringe so hard couldn't stomach it. Its weird Wonder Flick had amazing gameplay yet failed as a mobile rpg Mobius didn't seem terribly tactical, but I only made it through the tutorial.

Zafir

The energy system seems to stack when you level up which is nice. Always sucks in say KH, or BE where you level up when you already had a full, or close to full bar.

The game is crashing during the initial update every time. I get a little further each time I try again but we're talking like 2℅ more. I'll try again some other time.

Kouriozan

Looks like this game is less hyped than say Brave Exvius. Might be the lack of translations outside of English.
Anyway, I kinda like it, I'm not seeing the point of rerolling right now with extremely limited cards and jobs pool.

Teknoman

Every single menu has a completely different layout, and there are a billion different mechanics to learn all with ridiculous names. Yep, it's definitely a final fantasy game. I'm also enjoying it so far, especially after the "much dying" moogle =)

Graphics look much better now that I've found the resolution options, but textures are still... yeah. Also, does anyone know what an Extranger card does or how I should use it? This game literally gives me nothing to go on.

To be fair final fantasy just started being like that lol.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I don't have a "High" resolution setting (6 Plus). At Japanese launch they just prompted for it at first boot, and didn't now, sooo...?

Zafir

I don't have a "High" resolution setting (6 Plus). At Japanese launch they just prompted for it at first boot, and didn't now, sooo...?

Well I didn't get a prompt either on my S7 Edge. That said I do have an option for High.

So I like it. I also like that it spells Mobius like the way I spell it lol.

I only fear it'll turn into an endless grind like record keeper and exvius but I guess that's just how these type of games go.

Damn, misread the title and got excited thinking there was some lost Moebius FF game I never knew about.
AOM0056-57.jpg

Top Bottom